Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dermoid Ovarian Cyst, Going to cause problems?

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭yellow hen

starlight1 wrote: »
    Hi Lizzy, delighted the surgery went well and that both ovaries are still intact.. I wouldn't worry if one is stretched a bit, main thing is they managed to save both so thats great news.
    I wouldnt worry too much about the bleeding thing-I think normal is all relative and an individual thing. all that rummaging around inside is bound to interfere with your cycle depending on what they did. I bled for about 5 days after surgery (didnt begin until a day or so after) and I was due my period the following week which never came so think it just affects people in different ways.
    On the gas thing I found some relief from motilium if thats something you have or can get..also found moving a little also eased it a bit. Other tips I had heard about to help with gas were peppermint tea and mints..I think its a case that it just needs to work its way out and only time will do that..Hopefully your feeling a bit better today. Do you have any follow up scheduled with the hospital? How did you find the coombe?

Just a quick reply. You will be quiet sore for a good week and possibly constipated which can lead to more discomfort. Re bleeding, my period started the morning of the op (awkward!) and it had disappeared by that afternoon so I figured they had suctioned the blood. Hope you heal up quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Lizzyjp

Hi starlight,

Thanks gas seems to have eased up now which is great. Seemed to have burst a stitch today putting on my panties!! So got the hubby to get some steri strips. Still quite sore especially when up and about but then again I haven't taken any pain killers in a few days. Post op apt is only in april? seems quite awhile away but sure I'm not complaining. The Coombe was absolutely fantastic we will definitely consider them if we are lucky to get pregnant. The gynae also said she will monitor my ovulation and advise me in every way she can. This I found to be great as she seems genuinely interested. The hospital was great. Nurses were on the ball and everything went smoothly. Maybe Im just too used to crappy 3rd world hospitals! How are you feeling now? Your two weeks post op right? Have you had your follow up apt?

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭starlight1

Lizzyjp wrote: »
    Hi starlight,

Thanks gas seems to have eased up now which is great. Seemed to have burst a stitch today putting on my panties!! So got the hubby to get some steri strips. Still quite sore especially when up and about but then again I haven't taken any pain killers in a few days. Post op apt is only in april? seems quite awhile away but sure I'm not complaining. The Coombe was absolutely fantastic we will definitely consider them if we are lucky to get pregnant. The gynae also said she will monitor my ovulation and advise me in every way she can. This I found to be great as she seems genuinely interested. The hospital was great. Nurses were on the ball and everything went smoothly. Maybe Im just too used to crappy 3rd world hospitals! How are you feeling now? Your two weeks post op right? Have you had your follow up apt?

Hi Lizzy,
    I'm 3 weeks post op! cant believe how quick its gone.. I am chasing the hospital as follow up so far has been extremely poor so hoping to have a review soon.

Your gynae seems really helpful though and sounds as though you are having/have had a really positive experience so thats great. There are other threads on here about trying to conceive that are a wealth of information so check them out if you havent already. Did they say anything to you about being more susceptible to cysts once you've had one? (Just something I was wondering about though I know mine is a different type)

How are you feeling now? Hope the steri strip did the job :) I still have a couple of stitches that havent dissolved yet-asked nurse in GP's about it and she said unless they're causing any problems to leave where they are and if havent gone in a couple of weeks she will remove..Just remember your only a week post op so continue to take it easy (presuming you took full 2 weeks off work?)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Laceylu

Hi all,

I'm new here and have posted this elsewhere also so feel free to move this post to another thread/forum if it's not the right place.

I had a diagnostic laparoscopy for endometriosis 10 days ago (fri 14th). My doc found endometriosis all over my left side. Anyway I was let go home that day, told to start taking the pill back to back immediately as treatment and signed off work for a week. I'm seeing the consultant again in 5 weeks to reassess the treatment plan.

I was very sore the first 3 days but then made a great recovery, even went into town, was driving normally etc. Since the weekend though I've been an emotional wreck and wrecked tired again. Also I have bad endo-like pain again in my left side, went back to work today but I was so tired and emotional I had to leave and go to doc for another cert...feeling really stupid because I was totally fine and it is only keyhole surgery.

Just wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience or how long recovery took for others?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Laceylu wrote: »
    Hi all,

I'm new here and have posted this elsewhere also so feel free to move this post to another thread/forum if it's not the right place.

I had a diagnostic laparoscopy for endometriosis 10 days ago (fri 14th). My doc found endometriosis all over my left side. Anyway I was let go home that day, told to start taking the pill back to back immediately as treatment and signed off work for a week. I'm seeing the consultant again in 5 weeks to reassess the treatment plan.

I was very sore the first 3 days but then made a great recovery, even went into town, was driving normally etc. Since the weekend though I've been an emotional wreck and wrecked tired again. Also I have bad endo-like pain again in my left side, went back to work today but I was so tired and emotional I had to leave and go to doc for another cert...feeling really stupid because I was totally fine and it is only keyhole surgery.

Just wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience or how long recovery took for others?

I was very tired after it. I was back in my feet after a few days and felt great but within a day or two my body caved. I was exhausted and realised that I really did need 2 weeks to recover. I wouldn't worry about it, just take the time to relax. If you are overly concerned go to your gp.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hi, I've just been diagnosed with a dermoid ovarian cyst via ultra sound and I've been advised to have it removed, it's 1.5inches by 1.5inches. I'm experiencing considerable pain, on and off, irregular bleeding

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭Unanimous

FMD123 wrote: »
    Hi, I've just been diagnosed with a dermoid ovarian cyst via ultra sound and I've been advised to have it removed, it's 1.5inches by 1.5inches. I'm experiencing considerable pain, on and off, irregular bleeding

Hi did your cyst get removed? I have one too but have only public hospital insurance. Not sure I how long it will take to get appointments

Advertisement