Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bord Na Móna Equipment

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,885 ✭✭✭selectamatic

bnm took delivery of their first load of new john deere 6830s the last summer I worked for them. They got the pure bog standard machines (no pun intended!) I wonder how they will last, as they will be expected to do 20+ years of work, with a mixture of different operators, some of which, I wouldn't let drive a bumping car! The grills in front of the radiator would get clogged with dust very fast, and over heat as a result.

The new holland 8360 was a great machine in the bog, most of the machines in my area had 12 seasons done, and going strong. Mixture of range command and manual gear boxes. Same with the TM series, gave very little hardship.

they're electronics will potentially last longer then the fiats anyways different times now with diagnostics and trained technicians etc. the F series fiats were from a time where tractor electronics were generally unreliable and the men working on them were more accustomed to lump hammers than laptops

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

bnm took delivery of their first load of new john deere 6830s the last summer I worked for them. They got the pure bog standard machines (no pun intended!) I wonder how they will last, as they will be expected to do 20+ years of work, with a mixture of different operators, some of which, I wouldn't let drive a bumping car! The grills in front of the radiator would get clogged with dust very fast, and over heat as a result.

The new holland 8360 was a great machine in the bog, most of the machines in my area had 12 seasons done, and going strong. Mixture of range command and manual gear boxes. Same with the TM series, gave very little hardship.

It's madness for sake of few pound..... Why not have gotten a reversible fan..... John Deere are long known for head trouble

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭Never wrestle with pigs

I'm fairly sure them tractors are rented this time and will be flung back after a few years for new ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭twin_beacon

I'm fairly sure them tractors are rented this time and will be flung back after a few years for new ones.

http://www.machineshift.com/blog/?p=541

No the John Deeres were bought outright. They used to rent machines of Shaws in Portlaoise for years, lots of TM 140s, the odd TM155 and a few T6080s in the later years. If anything went wrong with the hired New Hollands, a mechanic from shaws had to be called. They were nice machines, usually of a high spec, it was nice being handed the keys of a brand new TM140, or T6080 with zero hours on the clock :)

They got a massive discount with the john deeres, I don't think a farmer could buy them so basic. No passenger seat (annoying when tractors are used as transport to diggers and bulldozers miles from the huts), less work lights, 3 spool valves (despite some machines requiring 4 spools), and none came with a creeper box which was annoying, as some jobs require the creeper.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 875 ✭✭✭f140

http://www.machineshift.com/blog/?p=541

No the John Deeres were bought outright. They used to rent machines of Shaws in Portlaoise for years, lots of TM 140s, the odd TM155 and a few T6080s in the later years. If anything went wrong with the hired New Hollands, a mechanic from shaws had to be called. They were nice machines, usually of a high spec, it was nice being handed the keys of a brand new TM140, or T6080 with zero hours on the clock :)

They got a massive discount with the john deeres, I don't think a farmer could buy them so basic. No passenger seat (annoying when tractors are used as transport to diggers and bulldozers miles from the huts), less work lights, 3 spool valves (despite some machines requiring 4 spools), and none came with a creeper box which was annoying, as some jobs require the creeper.

have they still older tractors working away in BNM or is it just newer gear they have now?

• Advertisement
Advertisement