Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Rebel Rebel

2.7GB

• Registered Users Posts: 7,731 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

2.7GB

3.2GB left on my monthly plan, good lord I was delighted

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Beta is live now.

Grrr... Hurry up bus... Need to get home...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Bye social interactions for the next week

https://gyazo.com/616fc9ba803fecee18b121e32d062df8

:cool:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,137 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

What are sports scientists and data analysts for? I'm assuming they are new, as i never noticed them before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭Raving_Magic

Is buying Football manager 2017 on FM scout safe? I just seen that it only costs 38 euro for the game on their compared to 54 on Stream?

Is buying Football manager 2017 on FM scout safe? I just seen that it only costs 38 euro for the game on their compared to 54 on Stream?

It's where I got mine, code came instantly

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭Raving_Magic

It's where I got mine, code came instantly

I think I might give it a go then, hated Football Manager 2016 so I hope this can be an improvement

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭UnleashTheBeast

Has anybody purchased this through g2play? It's sort of putting me off saying it's a pre-order and you'll receive your CD key when it's released in November... hesitant.

ordered mine from FM Scout. no bothers at all

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,137 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Has anybody purchased this through g2play? It's sort of putting me off saying it's a pre-order and you'll receive your CD key when it's released in November... hesitant.

They'll deliver it on the release date. So no beta access.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭rafi bomb

Uriel. wrote: »
    ordered mine from FM Scout. no bothers at all

Beta access with this?

rafi bomb wrote: »
    Beta access with this?

Yep

Beta access with this?

sure is. playing as we speak

How'd you guys get around the postcode? Not accepting d and the number

How'd you guys get around the postcode? Not accepting d and the number

just use 00000

Thank you. Have the code already. That's impulse, an hour ago I wasn't buying the game at all this year lol

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Kiith wrote: »
    What are sports scientists and data analysts for? I'm assuming they are new, as i never noticed them before.

Theyre new alright, havent the foggiest what makes a good one though, clubs already trying to poach one of mine!

There is a lot of stuff going on this one, just started a game with Blackburn Rovers, and lost to my u23's haha in a friendly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Mc Love wrote: »
    Theyre new alright, havent the foggiest what makes a good one though, clubs already trying to poach one of mine!

There is a lot of stuff going on this one, just started a game with Blackburn Rovers, and lost to my u23's haha in a friendly

Sports science is like a physio, can tell you more about likely injuries, or injuries reaacurring

Data analysis is a more in depth scout

I started off with FC United of Manchester.

No clue what I am doing.. haven't played since FM2009 - currently looking at 2W 3D 2L start to the league season

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

With Peterborough and my 17 yo wonderkid Da Silva who is in my first team got poached by Brighton on a free after a few weeks and I didn't even realise his contract was expiring. Not happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Paladonia

I've pre-ordered for the Steam discount, but I've never bothered with the Beta before - usually just wait for the full game.

Is there generally much difference between the two?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Thank you. Have the code already. That's impulse, an hour ago I wasn't buying the game at all this year lol

Did the exact same myself.

Haven't played FM in a few years, but threw myself into it last night in a Southampton save, and quite enjoyed it. Getting the tactics and the training/coaching staff right is a bit daunting, but approaching the final game of preseason and my side is starting to play some, *Alan Partridge voice*, "liquid football".

Match engine seems decent. Haven't noticed the same things working, or not working, again and again. I play in 2D, out of habit, so can't really comment on the new camera angles for 3D, or anything of that nature.

Scouting seems to be a bit more effort than it was a few years ago, which I like. Could also be the standard of my scouts in play as well.

Picked Belotti up for 16m and he scored 2 in each of his first two preseason games. Here's hoping he lights up the PL! Not exactly a scouting gem, I know, but I did pick up a RB for 3 or 4m who seems pretty good thus far.

Liking the look and feel of this so far, anyway.

I dont really like the look of the new squad depth page - preferred the one in previous versions. Is there any way to get it back to the old view?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,146 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Bought it from FM Scout a little while ago, its downloading currently, I am one of the ones who liked FM16 so hoping they can build upon that for me and make it that bit better again this year.

The Brexit conundrum is going to be an interesting one for sure.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 31,832 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Just bought this game and I said I wouldn't.

I hate myself.

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Just bought this game and I said I wouldn't.

I hate myself.

Dont hate yourself - its an addiction :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1 tmitchell

How does fmscout work? Is it the full game and exactly the same as the normal version through steam? Also, when you download it do you also have to download added kits for teams/ names/ kits etc?

Never used it before but the site seems great and its a good price!

tmitchell wrote: »
    How does fmscout work? Is it the full game and exactly the same as the normal version through steam? Also, when you download it do you also have to download added kits for teams/ names/ kits etc?

Never used it before but the site seems great and its a good price!
    Yep exactly the same. FM scout email you am activation code and you use that on your steam account to access the download. Works the exact same thereafter as if you bought it from steam directly.

Yep still requires lots of additional graphics, logos, face packs etc. If you want that as part of the experience. Fm 2016 downloads work mostly too. Fm scout had about 22 downloads for Fm 2017 already, but most are just a conversion from those from fm16

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Kal El

Last year my laptop had no problem with this game, getting 5 star ratings this year its half a star. Whats with this

Advertisement