Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,146 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Time moves on basically, 6 months is a long time in computers never mind a year :)

Ok, so I have played roughly 5 hours of it now, finding it a little too easy tbh, played 7 in the league, won 6, losing once after a collapse having been ahead, frustrating....cruising through most games without much difficulty at all.

I doubt my tactics are that spot on straight away so not sure what to make of it.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Time moves on basically, 6 months is a long time in computers never mind a year :)

Ok, so I have played roughly 5 hours of it now, finding it a little too easy tbh, played 7 in the league, won 6, losing once after a collapse having been ahead, frustrating....cruising through most games without much difficulty at all.

I doubt my tactics are that spot on straight away so not sure what to make of it.
    Who did you go with?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,146 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Uriel. wrote: »
    Who did you go with?

Rochdale

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Rochdale

I've only played one game and tactics arent fluid but lost 3-0 to Norwich. Went with Blackburn

I've gone back to 16 - waaay too many injuries not only experienced by me, but SI dont see it as an issue so far

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Bradz213

I don't know what to do with this game. Wanted to do a LLM save so started unemployed with lowest rep. It's all a bit meh so far. Might restart in league 2 or something

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Rebel Rebel

Just got the bullet for Everton, was give 5 game to get 10 points was on 9 heading into the last game against man city, late goal and we lost 4-3. lost my job. must sign on now until the full release

• Registered Users Posts: 31,832 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I've experienced a good few crashes on mac :(

• Registered Users Posts: 34,070 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

A I5 with 8gb should work fine?

Not got game since 2012, got handheld and found it OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

My team is just being crippled with injuries. Common for everyone else?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Less than €34 on CD Keys with the beta. It works perfectly, the code arrives instantly and it appears to include a copy of the Touch version too:

http://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/football-manager-2017-beta-pc-steam-cd-key

Knex. wrote: »
    My team is just being crippled with injuries. Common for everyone else?

Reported it on the beta feedback and they are reviewing it

Mc Love wrote: »
    Reported it on the beta feedback and they are reviewing it

Will do the same so. Consistently have 6-8 first team players out with 4-5 week injuries. Tedious.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Kal El

So enjoying the game, fixed the slowness someone had set the aul laptop to battery saver, must have been someone else, Im not that stupid :pac:
    Took over Villa thought theyd have loads of money, they didnt :( midfield is really costing me, got James from Leicester he hasnt really improved us though. Hanging around 3rd after a 8 game winning streak though

Was having a good game with Blackburn Rovers, so thought I'd try a save game with Limerick

How much time, if any, do you dedicate to the training side of things guys?

I've just realised I've spent most of today divising training plans for each position and trying to sign coaches and have barely even advanced a few days. :pac:

Paully D wrote: »
    How much time, if any, do you dedicate to the training side of things guys?

I've just realised I've spent most of today divising training plans for each position and trying to sign coaches and have barely even advanced a few days. :pac:

I do about the same tbh. I normally do two weeks fitness, two weeks team cohesion and balanced once tactic is fluid.
    I assign players to their individual team positions training.

Training has always been my least favorite part of things.
    I generally only dip in and out of it and leave the majority of it up to my coaching staff.

Exactly - if your assistant manager is good, I'd leave training to him, same with teamtalks, although I'm quite good at them now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,990 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Is it normal to be waiting a half hour for code from FM scout?

• Advertisement

Unearthly wrote: »
    Is it normal to be waiting a half hour for code from FM scout?

got mine in about 4 minutes... check your spam folders

• Registered Users Posts: 7,990 ✭✭✭Unearthly

got mine in about 4 minutes... check your spam folders

Arrived now. Took around an hour.

Think I might be Newcastle. Get an easy promotion as first game*

*clearly going to flop now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Looking for a bit of advice on a decent laptop to run this this year. Love the game but my old laptop is in bits and I am not a bit tech savvy.

The attached link is what Im looking at and would be my max price to be honest.Is this likely to be decent enough to run FM for the next few years.

http://www.dell.com/ie/p/inspiron-15-5567-laptop/pd?oc=cn55705&model_id=inspiron-15-5567-laptop

Appreciate the help lads and apologies if a little of topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Rebel Rebel

After been fire from Everton in Jan, i got offered the Wigan job in April with 2 games left in the Championship, and got 1 point from them, which was enough to stay up. Roll on to june and the club is target of a take over, so transfer embargo imposed. Club gets a new chairman around the end to june, tells me he will get back to me, 1 week into the transfer window he sacks me, wanting to point his own manager.

So far my managerial journey is not going well.

My first job was FC United of Manchester.

Got sacked in November of the first season which I felt was very harsh. P16, W5 D8 L3 (got the team through to the FA Cup 1st round and one of my losses came against a team 2 divisions higher).

Unemployed for a month or so and took over at Gosport Borough in the National League South. They had 2 wins in the season up to that point and lay in 19th place.

Finished the season in 9th - P26 W10, D15, L1 (my only loss coming on final day of the season against the 2nd placed team - setting a club and league record unbeaten run.

As you can see closing out games, winning matches was the biggest problem - too many dropped points in draws - largely because I couldn't hold onto a lead.

Started season 2 in charge and so far I have P7 W7 which is great including two tricky games on the road.

Biggest issue is finances though... trying to find free transfers and develop some youth but any decent players demand high wages or large appearance fees. Monthly losses of about 13k at the moment - so I am not sure how that will play out with the Board in he long run.

I have skimmed my team down to a bare minimum to the point that any bad run of injuries and my league campaign will completely fall apart.

Biggest issue is finances though... trying to find free transfers and develop some youth but any decent players demand high wages or large appearance fees. Monthly losses of about 13k at the moment - so I am not sure how that will play out with the Board in he long run.

That is always the hardest bit unless you are super wealthy, have a big ground/attendances. i'm nearly always in the red and overspend on wages.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,070 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Make sure you're not giving them their offer they demand. Reduce the wages appearances fees they demand. Lowball and work your way up

Not sure if can do it on Fm17 but arrange friendlies against Bigger clubs during summer

Was Cork City and lucky to get friendly against Liverpool and Barca after couple of seasons and got 1.2m.

Always found money easiest part of the game for me.

Make sure you're not giving them their offer they demand. Reduce the wages appearances fees they demand. Lowball and work your way up

Not sure if can do it on Fm17 but arrange friendlies against Bigger clubs during summer

Was Cork City and lucky to get friendly against Liverpool and Barca after couple of seasons and got 1.2m.

Always found money easiest part of the game for me.

Yeah I always low ball them as much as possible.

Had to let two foot teamers go because they wanted 3.5 times their wage in a pay rise. Had got them down from 4.5 times. Ridiculous stuff.

Yeah I managed to get a friendly with villa and St Johnstone bought a player from me and managed to get a friendly as a clause. Think I made as much from the gate receipts as I did from the transfer fee.. Less than 20k

This is probably a very stupid question, but I want my team to press more often so how do I actually change it? I can't find anything on the tactics screen whereas in previous versions closing down etc were there and you could move the bar to the left or right.

• Advertisement

Paully D wrote: »
    This is probably a very stupid question, but I want my team to press more often so how do I actually change it? I can't find anything on the tactics screen whereas in previous versions closing down etc were there and you could move the bar to the left or right.

Its in team instructions, which is the third button above the players names on the tactics screen.

I have closing down set to one notch below max, and also prevent GK distribution on. My defensive line is high also.

Really works well for me. Have Southampton sitting fourth after 27 games.

Advertisement