Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SoccerManager.com (#4) The Boards.ie World

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Lost to City, running relegation very close

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Nice to beat the germans

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭tonic wine

Closing the gap on Napoli, only the slimmest of margins separates us at the top of the table

[font=Roboto, sans-serif]Atl tico Madrid beat Barcelona 3 - 0 in their Division 1 fixture.[/font]
    [font=Roboto, sans-serif]Lewandowski scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.[/font]
    [font=Roboto, sans-serif]Costa and Marchisio were also amongst the goalscorers[/font]

[font=Roboto, sans-serif]I never seen a player getting sent off been voted man of the match before[/font]
    [font=Roboto, sans-serif]Lewan now suspended for the madrid derby up next.[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Breaking News:

Everton have sealed promotion to Div 1 - who said this game was rigged?

To be fair I was left a good team to play with - made a few changes just to make it feel like my own and away we went, cue a rage quit in a few months when I go straight back down :cool:

Ya should play the kids for the last few games. Really ya should!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Maldjd23

tonic wine wrote: »
    Closing the gap on Napoli, only the slimmest of margins separates us at the top of the table

[font=Roboto, sans-serif]Atl tico Madrid beat Barcelona 3 - 0 in their Division 1 fixture.[/font]
    [font=Roboto, sans-serif]Lewandowski scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.[/font]
    [font=Roboto, sans-serif]Costa and Marchisio were also amongst the goalscorers[/font]

[font=Roboto, sans-serif]I never seen a player getting sent off been voted man of the match before[/font]
    [font=Roboto, sans-serif]Lewan now suspended for the madrid derby up next.[/font]

In fairness, with your team you should be winning the league...It is actually embarrassing you are still below me......No Pressure!!!...:pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭tonic wine

Maldjd23 wrote: »
    In fairness, with your team you should be winning the league...It is actually embarrassing you are still below me......No Pressure!!!...:pac::pac:

Pressure is for bra straps, but don't worry, that will change soon, probably Sunday ;):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Wilberto wrote: »
    Stats for Andrea Bellotti:

Played : 2
    Goals : 3
    Assists : 4
    MOTM : 1

:D

Your welcome

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Ya should play the kids for the last few games. Really ya should!!

Gignac has concerns so he will probably get the last few games, apart from that I owe it to my brethren to field the best team - I humbly apologise my liege

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

I owe it to my brethren to field the best team

Funny how this topic comes up end of season every time!

You owe nobody nothing, end of.... play whatever team u want because you have to manage future concerns too

And before someone turns smart and says I wouldn't be singing this song if it happened to me, it did.... Ajax cost me a top 2 spot ages and ages back and I said at the time no blame attached to the Ajax manager.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭stesaurus

So i came up against my first super keeper. Craig Gordon 10/10 saves 7 shots on target. Celtic with 1 shot on target score and take 3 points. Annoying but whatever. I'll play out until the end of the season at least but I'm not sure if i'll stick around longer than that. I need someone to explain some of my issues. This is not a hissy fit :)

My main gripes so far:
    The game really lacks any kind of depth or at least ability to understand it. How do you judge the difference between the few hundred 88 rated players??? Do players have abilities but are just hidden and you need to guess or basically an 88 is an 88 and that's the depth of it.
    Value changes, very annoying if bidding for a free agent and teams coming in last minute have the option of outbidding you. Pretty ridiculous system for free players in general.
    There's no ability to nurture players. I get that this is part of the game in that real life impacts player abilities not in game but still. Apart from keeping them slightly happy with playing time what kind of impact can you have?
    Hoarding players. Speaks for itself but why is this even possible. It should be impossible to keep such amazing squads filled with all the star players. Finances shouldn't allow it or players should demand moves and playing time. Same goes for future prospects.
    I've spent far too much time playing FM over the years so maybe I'm biased but so far SM just seems like an online glossy top trump game in comparison.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

s.welstead wrote:
    My main gripes so far: The game really lacks any kind of depth or at least ability to understand it. How do you judge the difference between the few hundred 88 rated players??? Do players have abilities but are just hidden and you need to guess or basically an 88 is an 88 and that's the depth of it. Value changes, very annoying if bidding for a free agent and teams coming in last minute have the option of outbidding you. Pretty ridiculous system for free players in general. There's no ability to nurture players. I get that this is part of the game in that real life impacts player abilities not in game but still. Apart from keeping them slightly happy with playing time what kind of impact can you have? Hoarding players. Speaks for itself but why is this even possible. It should be impossible to keep such amazing squads filled with all the star players. Finances shouldn't allow it or players should demand moves and playing time. Same goes for future prospects. I've spent far too much time playing FM over the years so maybe I'm biased but so far SM just seems like an online glossy top trump game in comparison.

Pretty standard complaints there!

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

The game is more about scouting and negotiating transfers than anything else. The manager aspect of it is pretty lacking unfortunately.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

GLaDOS wrote: »
    The game is more about scouting and negotiating transfers than anything else. The manager aspect of it is pretty lacking unfortunately.

The negotiating used to be more fun when the chat was working propperly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Some seriously good prospects added last few days...

City seem to have had serious luck snapping a lot of them up!

Just hope I can sneak Angel Gomes in and I'd be delighted!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,441 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

GLaDOS wrote: »

I'm 90% done with the game off the back of the fact that from a managerial point of view, I can't do a thing to change my horrendous record. The only thing keeping me from just quitting is the amount of youngsters I scouted and so want to see how they do in the real world. But when it's loss after loss after loss, no matter what changes I make....it just kills most of my interest at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭baza Rakus

Does anyone know where to find your stored tactics on the app?

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭modo85

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I'm 90% done with the game off the back of the fact that from a managerial point of view, I can't do a thing to change my horrendous record. The only thing keeping me from just quitting is the amount of youngsters I scouted and so want to see how they do in the real world. But when it's loss after loss after loss, no matter what changes I make....it just kills most of my interest at this stage.

Winning isnt everything about this game, some people get a buzz from winning and others from transfers. You seem to get a buzz from watching your youngsters so concentrate on that and let the results take care of themselves

modo85 wrote:
    Winning isnt everything about this game, some people get a buzz from winning and others from transfers. You seem to get a buzz from watching your youngsters so concentrate on that and let the results take care of themselves

Winning is the point!
    Imagine being a manager at a club and saying to the chairman "winning isn't everything, we're just gonna scout players, make some transfers and try develop some youths!"

The chairman would say "yes mister smoking crack guy, please leave the property before i release the hounds!!!! "

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,441 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

There has to be an end point to the team building. What frustrates me is I feel I built the best team I ever had, and in the same season, came bottom. It's great to watch the kids raise but if the end product is they just lose constantly...

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭modo85

mackeire wrote: »
    Winning is the point!
    Imagine being a manager at a club and saying to the chairman "winning isn't everything, we're just gonna scout players, make some transfers and try develop some youths!"

The chairman would say "yes mister smoking crack guy, please leave the property before i release the hounds!!!! "

It's a game it's not real life, you win nothing, zero, zilch, nadda although you probaly run down the local trophy shop and buy yourself a cup, ring the lads and go on the piss celebrating hate to bust your bubble but the chairman isn't real either.

I took a club off the scrapheap and could easily of taken the easy option to take over a top club but I choose not to as I get more enjoyment from the game buying future stars. So if you want to talk "real life", imagine a manager in the 4th division (Owen coyle) getting offered a job in the premier and turning it down because he wants to stay,doesn't make sense does it. My point being it's a game

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

modo85 wrote: »
    It's a game it's not real life, you win nothing, zero, zilch, nadda although you probaly run down the local trophy shop and buy yourself a cup, ring the lads and go on the piss celebrating hate to bust your bubble but the chairman isn't real either.

I took a club off the scrapheap and could easily of taken the easy option to take over a top club but I choose not to as I get more enjoyment from the game buying future stars. So if you want to talk "real life", imagine a manager in the 4th division (Owen coyle) getting offered a job in the premier and turning it down because he wants to stay,doesn't make sense does it. My point being it's a game

The aim of the game is to win

• Registered Users Posts: 14,004 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Should we have a vote on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

KERSPLAT! wrote: »

With the quality of young players at Cruzeiro it's only around the corner that his plan bears fruition and they are a Division 1 side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

With the quality of young players at Cruzeiro it's only around the corner that his plan bears fruition and they are a Division 1 side.

Yep. The game can be played differently but the aim is the same

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Should we have a vote on it?

Definitely.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Does SMFA cup games count towards players moral re concerns over gametime ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

KERSPLAT! wrote: »

Or not getting relegated ... :D

modo85 wrote: »

I have the suit ready but haven't won a trophy! The lads are really good support down the pub, I was on the verge of quitting the game but had a good chat with a barman and saw sense and kept my JOB at Moscow.

And as for the chairman not being real, who the feck do I be talking to on the phone about the squad at 3 in the morning for €3.95 a minute!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Its all about who's the best manager....and thats me...even though I'm ranked 13th...but I'm managing Flamengo in Div 3!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Its all about who's the best manager....and thats me...even though I'm ranked 13th...but I'm managing Flamengo in Div 3!!!

Although most of that jump came from beating unmanaged sides down in Division 4 last year but that's not for me to say!

:P :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement