Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Person of Interest [** Spoilers **]

1171819202123»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,347 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Season 4 is now on the Irish Netflix lads.

I've been rewatching the end of season 3 and start of season 4 on Netflix during the week.

Has anyone else who watched the show looked at cameras around the place more since watching the show ?

Also how perfect was the beautiful amy acker at playing root ? I think she was the best character on the show over the five seasons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Evac101

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Also how perfect was the beautiful amy acker at playing root ? I think she was the best character on the show over the five seasons.

I think this was something that the shows creators/writers did really well, using our predefined 'archetypes' and then tweaking them enough to make them unique and memorable. E.g. Sameen - could have been a cardboard cut-out of the female assassin, instead becomes interesting, through her character development (snark and fixation with shoes helped too).

Most of the main characters are in the boat, especially Elias who, sorry to disagree with Itssoeasy here, but, for me, is the stand out of season 1&2 and perhaps the show in it's entirety.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 835 ✭✭✭dogcat

Throughout the past month or so, I have watched all five seasons of this show with keen earnest. I caught it once on RTÉ randomly one night after another show I like, and that episode got me interested. For me, I have to always start a show at the start, so I learned a lot of stuff throughout the show. I really liked Carter and I was sad that she died. Root was my favourite main character throughout the show, and her death made me rather sad.

Thank you POI for what I know as one of the best television series' I have ever watched, if not the best. I really do hope for a continuation of some sorts, maybe even a show that showe Root's antics, or a show that showed everything from Samaritan's point of view (not in terms of the graphics, I mean, like, see the ins and outs of them and their characters).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭budhabob

I watched this up to the end of season 3 a few years ago, then we moved house and lost recordings.

I rewatched 1-3 recently and I am currently watching season 4. I'm a big fan of the show, and cant wait to see how it finishes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭budhabob

Just finished this there, what a show. Bit upset now. Really grew attached to all the characters, but I think the development (and their fight for foregiveness and defining themselves) of john and fusco was key to the shows success.

Really really great show, great characters, great story linking, some heartwrenching scenes...couldnt recommend it enought.

This thread should be locked :(

Every time a new post appears I get a small glimmer of hope about some magic news, only for crushing reality to come crashing in

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

This thread should be locked :(

Every time a new post appears I get a small glimmer of hope about some magic news, only for crushing reality to come crashing in

Clicked into this thread, in the hope of a possible spin off news. :mad::mad:

And not for the first time.

• Advertisement

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Season 4 is now on the Irish Netflix lads.

Exactly a year later and no sign of season 5 on Netflix!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

shineon23 wrote: »
    Clicked into this thread, in the hope of a possible spin off news. :mad::mad:

And not for the first time.

yet again :(:(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,484 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

shineon23 wrote: »
    yet again :(:(

Me too :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Where would a spin-off go though? Felt like the 5 seasons explored The Machine & the ramifications of its existence about as far as you could; ditto the Samaritan arc, didn't really feel like there was anywhere else to go at that point.

Viewers on Sky in Ireland can now watch Person if Interest from the start on Sony Crime (epg 157) nightly from tonight! Hope they show the elusive season 5 as it’s not been shown here in Ireland!

zorro2566 wrote: »
    Viewers on Sky in Ireland can now watch Person if Interest from the start on Sony Crime (epg 157) nightly from tonight! Hope they show the elusive season 5 as it’s not been shown here in Ireland!

It's on Netflix

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

It's on Netflix

Yeah, PoI is on Netflix IE, but season 5 isn't unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,069 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

It's on Netflix

Season five isn't.

Edit: what pixelburp said.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

That sucks, I just assumes that they would have it

Apologies

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Lock this thread already! Thought this might be some good news

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,507 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Sony Channel UK is showing from the start now

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Sony Channel UK is showing from the start now

Duh! I posted that already at 10.12 today!

Duh! I posted that already at 10.12 today!

:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

Randomly stumbled over this tonight . Awful cover. They're nowhere near Finch's Irish accent. (/s)
    Damn, I miss this show

Sorry lads to revive this thread. but not only have the Irish Netflix not put up season 5 of this brilliant show, they are taking down the four other series on August 1st. Utter madness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,069 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Didn't like the ending or most of the final series. Still a great show overall though.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

https://twitter.com/AmyAcker/status/1029684218136289280

:D:D I found this tweet from Amy Acker today only because Sarah Shahi commented on it.

I do apologise for posting in a thread that hasn’t had a post in over two years but I found this video earlier and I personally think it’s a brilliant tribute to the best tv characters male or female in the last decade at least. Amy Acker is and was a gifted actor who made root a badass.

Sorry to revive this thread but the whole five series are now available to watch via the on demand service on the Alibi channel on Sky!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

Feck sake. When I saw an update on the thread I thought it was because of a new season 😏

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,886 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Advertisement

Oops sorry, thought it would help viewers like myself who never seen the last season as RTÈ 2 never bothered showing it!

Starting 2nd of January on Alibi

Only found this out a week ago and I nearly got emotional being able to rewatch the whole series again, and I get to rewatch season 5 again.

I never saw Season 5 because RTÈ never showed it for sone reason despite showing the previous 4 seasons, do it’s great that it’s available now!

Season 5 even though it’s a shortened season is a fitting end to an amazing show,

I've been rewatching this again since it started on Alibi and forgot what an amazing show it was,great to have the full five seasons available to watch!

Advertisement