Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NUIG Accommodation *No advertising. Read Post #1*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭irfrm

Hi

My daughter has received and excepted a third round offer to a course in TCD, she had been in GY301 and had a place in Corrib village.
    Any one interested in taken her place in Corrib village please reply, her room is a Double Bedroom, Ensuite Shared Between 2 People.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭begsy

Hi there I am going to be studying an MA in Writing this academic year in September 2016/2017 and am currently househunting. Looking for a double ensuite within close proximity to the college. Does anyone have numbers for landlords - looking to get it sorted asap. PM me if you've got any info. Thanks in advance :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13 JC960

If a landlord is only offering a 1 year lease from now for a house, is there any way to just get it for the college year ( can it be arranged for someone else to stay for the summer if they like ) or how does it work

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭begsy

i've wondered the same thing. no luck with househunting just yet

• Registered Users Posts: 6 amcc123

hello i was just wondering is there anyone else going to staying centrepoint appartments for 2016/2017

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 Appmaths97

My friend paid a deposit for corrib village. Would i be able to take his room if he doesnt get enough points?
    Do you have to pay a deposit to be on the waiting list aswell?

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭nandoslover

I've got NUI Galway on my CAO and looked into a bit of house hunting. Seems that all on campus accommodation is gone so have to look for a room for first semester. Is August to late to leave this do you think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Gallagher1

Appmaths97 wrote: »
    My friend paid a deposit for corrib village. Would i be able to take his room if he doesnt get enough points?
    1) No, Corrib will give the room to the next person on the waiting list. You can't just skip an entire waiting list..
    2) No you dont
    I've got NUI Galway on my CAO and looked into a bit of house hunting. Seems that all on campus accommodation is gone so have to look for a room for first semester. Is August to late to leave this do you think?
    From experience, August would be too late, especially with the current accommodation situation in Galway for students. Unless you want to live in digs or a hostel for the first semester, don't leave it until august. Some people I know left it till august and got extremely lucky, some(most) not so much so.

Gallagher1 wrote: »
    1) No, Corrib will give the room to the next person on the waiting list. You can't just skip an entire waiting list..
    2) No you dont

From experience, August would be too late, especially with the current accommodation situation in Galway for students. Unless you want to live in digs or a hostel for the first semester, don't leave it until august. Some people I know left it till august and got extremely lucky, some(most) not so much so.

Got it, I've put myself on as many waiting lists as I can. Could you just explain to me what exactly digs are? Are they just houses in which a family live and you rent a room?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭2thousand14

Everyone on the waiting list for corrib village have an equal chance of getting a room. doesnt matter how long you were on the waiting list

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 elouiseb

Hi, I just got my CAO offer for NUIG today. I have my name on several waiting lists for accomodation. Orientation starts in a week and I need accomodation by then. Does anyone know the chances of getting accomodation from these waiting lists, and if not, what other options are there? Thanks!

Anyone here applying to Dunaras got any information from them about the online payment or deposit payment? They seemed to have an error in their systems but haven't gotten back to me yet 😬

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭medhopeful16

Lads, I'm getting desperate for places now :( Has anybody heard anything

Lads, I'm getting desperate for places now :( Has anybody heard anything

In the same boat. Anything posted in the House Hunting Galway is snapped up in seconds. Don't think I'll get a place for Monday at this point :(

Are you all on waiting lists for student accommodations? I know corrib village will be filling extra rooms on wednesday so try and get onto as many waiting lists as possible guys!

medhopeful16, are you doing medicine? me too!

Are you all on waiting lists for student accommodations? I know corrib village will be filling extra rooms on wednesday so try and get onto as many waiting lists as possible guys!

Yup! I'm on almost every waiting list. Apart from Corrib Village, has anyone heard of when any other student accommodations are filling extra rooms?

medhopeful16, are you doing medicine? me too!

I am on no waiting lists because I was hoping to get Cork, so I'm really under pressure trying to find somewhere but I'm still hopeful I'll get something sorted.

Can't wait to meet you all in person guys and put faces to the names!

And yes I am doing medicine

I am on no waiting lists because I was hoping to get Cork, so I'm really under pressure trying to find somewhere but I'm still hopeful I'll get something sorted.

Can't wait to meet you all in person guys and put faces to the names!

Where have you tried? I'm looking around daft.ie and some others but everything seems very far away from the college itself. I'm sure you'll get somewhere!!
    Same aha! I'm the only person from my school year going to nuig so I literally know no one!

Right a good thing to do would be to hit up studentpad http://www.nuigstudentpad.ie/Accommodation

Its got a lot of accommodation advertised on it and also a message board where you can talk to other students who are looking for accommodation.

You might want to look up a hostel in Galway for your first week there while you try and sort out accommodation just in case you've got nothing by Tuesday. This one is still accepting applications http://www.kinlaygalway.ie/student-accommodation-in-galway/

medhopeful16, are you planning to do premed?

Right a good thing to do would be to hit up

medhopeful16, are you planning to do premed?

I will if I'm offered it. How will I know which one I've been offered? What about yourself nandoslover?

• Advertisement

I will if I'm offered it. How will I know which one I've been offered? What about yourself nandoslover?

I think they're supposed to contact you in the next week to let you know which one you're offered. I've already done a year of science so hoping to go straight in

Has anyone heard anything from any waiting lists? Also does anyone know around what time will Corrib Village be emailing about available spaces?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Squedwardx

I'm also struggling to find accommodation, I'm on several waiting lists but was told yesterday I'm about 100th on the list. Found a digs option but its a bit expensive. about to go into 1st year and haven't been to Galway in years. How are others getting on.

Squedwardx wrote: »
    I'm also struggling to find accommodation, I'm on several waiting lists but was told yesterday I'm about 100th on the list. Found a digs option but its a bit expensive. about to go into 1st year and haven't been to Galway in years. How are others getting on.

Haven't heard anything yet from waiting lists. Finding it difficult to find rented accomodation or flatshares that aren't 1 hour away from the college.

Did anyone get a confirmation email saying they are on the waiting list for places other than corrib? I starting to get worried cause I missed out on corrib and didn't hear anything from the other places yet.

Did anyone get a confirmation email saying they are on the waiting list for places other than corrib? I starting to get worried cause I missed out on corrib and didn't hear anything from the other places yet.

I called up a though places but only one emailed me back that I'm on the waiting list.

Squedwardx wrote: »
    I called up a though places but only one emailed me back that I'm on the waiting list.

Who emailed you back?

Who emailed you back?

Menlo park

I just got an email from Corrib Village about some free rooms but whenever I try and continue my application, it says 'this room is unavailable' for all the room options. So I'm guessing they're full?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Animella

My son is on a waiting list for Corrib Village but has been told his chances are " slim". He wasn't fast enough with email response on Wednesday.
    He is on a list for Glasán village too but will be going to NUIG. Do any/ many NUIG students stay there?

Advertisement