Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is everyone bricking it or nawh?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭legocrazy505

So 9:15 tomorrow is it? Was planning to walk in at 8 o clock :o.

Well it's 9.30 until 12.30 for us. Planning to just go in and get it out of the way at 9.30.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,143 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

The Principal or Deputy Principal will probably pick them up directly from the Delivery Office, rather than wait on the post.
    9.30 would be safe enough, unless it's a really huge school.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Soolander

Any idea what time they'll be posted out to external candidates?

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Samurai12

Soolander wrote: »
    Any idea what time they'll be posted out to external candidates?
    I have no idea, you would be better off checking your results online or calling, 1530 716 016 or on 00353 1 6885312 if you are calling from outside Ireland, to get your results.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭TheBiz

My school sent out a letter saying they will start giving them out at 10 wut

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 Bangdiggy

TheBiz wrote: »
    My school sent out a letter saying they will start giving them out at 10 wut

My school is at 10 too

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭EireLemon

Good luck to all of ye, hope you get more than you wanted! I'm just going into sixth year now so I can't possibly imagine what you must be feeling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭legocrazy505

EireLemon wrote: »
    Good luck to all of ye, hope you get more than you wanted! I'm just going into sixth year now so I can't possibly imagine what you must be feeling.

You'll find out in a year. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭emersyn

I've been fine all summer and I thought I wasn't going to be stressed, now all of a sudden I can't sleep and I'm convinced I'm failing everything :o

• Registered Users Posts: 21 cheeto

i want to DIE

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

I felt confident-ish after most of the exams, but now I'm pretty sure I'll end up doing a PLC because I don't even know if I'll get the points for my first choice (335) :eek:

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

cheeto wrote: »
    i want to DIE

Deep breaths. You'll be grand :P

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭TooMuchWork

This time last year I got my results without a worry in the world. I didn't care what I got. I'm bloody ****ting myself now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,022 ✭✭✭Call me Al

Relax. Deep breaths.
    And good luck to you all.

And please, don't ever forget, if you don't get what you were hoping for don't be disheartened.
    There are ALWAYS other routes for the path of your choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 AtLeastITried

Failure rate for ordinary maths went from 3% to 9% apparently :/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,143 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Failure rate for ordinary maths went from 3% to 9% apparently :/

I really don't think the media need to report stuff like that before candidates get their results. It would make no difference to report on it after noon, or tomorrow in the case of print media. All it does is cause unnecessary stress.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,952 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Best of luck folks

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Soolander

Instead of waiting until 12 does anyone know if it's possible to collect the results directly from the post office?

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭TMJM96

Soolander wrote: »
    Instead of waiting until 12 does anyone know if it's possible to collect the results directly from the post office?

If you're getting it via post I think you'll just have to wait I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭emersyn

Am I the first one to get them? I did much better than I thought!!! I hope it works out for everyone else :D

• Advertisement

emersyn wrote: »
    Am I the first one to get them? I did much better than I thought!!! I hope it works out for everyone else :D

I find people always do better than they expected. How did you do?

Just saw physics has a 10.2% fail rate, and I was already uneasy about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Aragneer

My sister gets them today and I am bricking it for her!

I wish you all the best of luck. Try to avoid the news with their stupid percentages and just wait until you get them - you don't want to stress out more than you already are :)

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭pawdee

I was very thick at school and I don't really understand the points system. My daughter just told me she got 490 points. Is this good?

pawdee wrote: »
    I was very thick at school and I don't really understand the points system. My daughter just told me she got 490 points. Is this good?

That is very very very good. She should have no problems entering most courses in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

I'm honestly a little disappointed with what I got, but I guess at least I didn't fail anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Wanderer41

pawdee wrote: »

Very good, congratulations to your daughter! Just make sure she has only included her top 6 subjects in her points.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

spurious wrote: »
    I really don't think the media need to report stuff like that before candidates get their results. It would make no difference to report on it after noon, or tomorrow in the case of print media. All it does is cause unnecessary stress.
    Media often need a kick at this time of year tbh.

Caught a glimpse of a headline on a paper to-day (hadn't time to stop and grab a paper so in fairness maybe the article itself was better) .... something like "Where have all our high achievers gone? No-one with 9 A1s in LC this year!"

0_o

Um, they woke up, got a bit of sense and / or listened to their teachers!

9 A1s is, if you'll excuse the farming metaphor, about as useful as tits on a bull! :rolleyes:

You can only count 6 subjects.

7 and have a "spare" makes lots of sense.

8 can be justifiable if you have a couple of mandatory subjects you struggle with.

9 subjects is spreading yourself ridiculously thin, let alone striving for A1s in each of them!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Elizabeth118

So I got my results yesterday I'm happy enough with except I got a E in maths (getting rechecked) I got over 50 marks extra for the course I need for National College of Ireland. I was eligible for hear and dear so I'm wondering do you think the college might still offer me place even if i got a E in maths!

Mocks v LC

English. D3-D1. Didn't have the course near finished for mock. Getting rechecked.
    Maths. D3-C3
    Physics. E-C3
    Economics. N/G - B3! Only picked up economics in March. HL too.
    Geography. C2-C2. Rechecked for sure. Thought I'd get atleast a B
    History N/G - C3. Rechecked. Didn't sit history mock.

All self-thought pretty much and while working 5 days per week.

Oops wrong thread.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭TheBiz

Mock: 340
    Real Deal: 405
    Getting two subjects rechecked (Business and LCVP)

Advertisement