Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is everyone bricking it or nawh?

Options
  • 09-08-2016 2:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 36

How's every feeling about their results figure there's only 8days left till results😬😬...I swear I can't not think about it every nightðŸ˜. Does everyone feel they got their choice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭LC2016

Me especially after regretting my CAO choices and realising I'll only be happy with my #1 choice and I'm not very confident I will get it..

• Registered Users Posts: 28,876 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Ah mellow out folks, tis only the leaving. Don't be worrying about it at all, there's always options for you if the results don't work out. Enjoy the rest of the summer and best of luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 855 ✭✭✭TSMGUY

Feeling good tbh. Let's get it lads! Didn't do all of that work for nothing:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Or nawh? You must be stressing about the English results eh?

On a serious note, enjoy your summer and don't worry about the results until the day before!!

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭kerryked

frag420 wrote: »

On a serious note, enjoy your summer and don't worry about the results until the day before!!

Bit rich coming from the user with location "London innit" NAWH? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

kerryked wrote: »
    Bit rich coming from the user with location "London innit" NAWH? :rolleyes:

Shakespeare was repping LDN though fam, innit?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 shligonian

What's everyone have down as #1 on the CAO? Mine is UCD Science

shligonian wrote: »
    What's everyone have down as #1 on the CAO? Mine is UCD Science

Eng+Psychology cos' my mum wouldn't let me put Theoretical Physics down:D

Don't intend to accept, but it's a nice backup if I don't bag my UK choice. Anyone else preparing for a major sesh on Wednesday?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Bangdiggy

frag420 wrote: »

I did it on purpose you....

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭MomijiHime

TSMGUY wrote: »

Don't intend to accept, but it's a nice backup if I don't bag my UK choice. Anyone else preparing for a major sesh on Wednesday?

If by sesh you mean getting dinner with my mother, then yes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

What's wrong with studying physics? :confused:

ZeroThreat wrote: »
    Ask my mum!
    MomijiHime wrote: »
    Ah sure, best sesh there is Momji.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Hana98

MomijiHime wrote: »

Ha ha! That's so what I'm doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

Ask my mum!

Ah sure, best sesh there is Momji.

You should ask her since she's dictating what you put down as your choices, does she intend to sit your exams for you as well?? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭TMJM96

ZeroThreat wrote: »

What was her problem with Physics TSMGUY? It's generally a good degree no matter what institution you go to and even though you don't really end up working as a Physicist you learn skills applicable to many careers. Whatever, I'm bias :pac:

Anyway, don't worry, I know that's easy for me to say. Last year I was devastated with my results, didn't do as well as I hoped but got my first choice (barely) and was happy from Week One.

It's the most cliche thing ever but I honestly believe things happen for a reason. It's normal to be sad if you don't get what you want etc but most of ye are 17-19 and and another year spent repeating/doing a PLC extra is nothing really.

Anyway, best of luck to everyone :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭legocrazy505

Literally get nightmares. No kidding. Been very hard for me to take my mind off the LC all summer.

I just want it over, get my silly sheet of paper, open it, look at it, get on with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Violin1997

Literally get nightmares. No kidding. Been very hard for me to take my mind off the LC all summer.

I just want it over, get my silly sheet of paper, open it, look at it, get on with it.

Me too! And I'm stressing over just getting the entry requirements for my course! At least I don't have to worry about points for my course (BMus Maynooth)

Honestly, once I get what I need, anything else is a bonus and that piece of paper will be hidden away under a stack of old schoolbooks!

Only 6 days to go....

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭SuperRabbit

LC2016 wrote: »
    Me especially after regretting my CAO choices and realising I'll only be happy with my #1 choice and I'm not very confident I will get it..

There are back doors into everything. I remember someone saying that to a friend of mine who wanted medicine and she completely dismissed it. "NOT MEDICINE THERE ARE NO BACK DOORS INTO MEDICINE."Then proceeded to continue freaking out. Of course there are. Some other friends got an undergraduate in physiotherapy and went on to study medicine.

In the end after getting her degree in medicine she realised she didn't want to be a doctor.

Don't let it happen to you!

Anyway you will all probably end up having a bunch of careers in your life, don't freak out about the beginning of the first one.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Vilas

Heading for Computer Applications @DCU and I'm terrified. It's 400 points so it's not that bad, but I'm still freaking out that the examiners would have made some mistakes in my papers and completely screwed me over... I remember feeling confident after every exam that I did, telling myself It'll be grand but not that it's so close, I'm freaking out...

I honestly think I'll consider repeating if I don't get 470/480 and get primary teaching..So I'm sorta dreading Wednesday now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭juniorcert

I feel sick everytime I think about it, especially as I know it's unlikely I'll get enough points for my first choice (525 for biomedical science) trying to convince myself I'll be happy with my second choice anyway, just want to get it over with tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 37 swagmire

I honestly think I'll consider repeating if I don't get 470/480 and get primary teaching..So I'm sorta dreading Wednesday now.

Where u want to do primary school teaching. That's what I want to do as well. Have u applied for accommodation

swagmire wrote: »
    Where u want to do primary school teaching. That's what I want to do as well. Have u applied for accommodation

Mary I.Nope not for first year as I live in Limerick but if I happen to get Pats/Marino, I will have to apply wbu?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,239 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Violin1997 wrote: »
    Me too! And I'm stressing over just getting the entry requirements for my course! At least I don't have to worry about points for my course (BMus Maynooth)

Honestly, once I get what I need, anything else is a bonus and that piece of paper will be hidden away under a stack of old schoolbooks!

Only 6 days to go....

I did that. Handy few years ahead for you.

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 37 swagmire

Mary I.Nope not for first year as I live in Limerick but if I happen to get Pats/Marino, I will have to apply wbu?

Mary I too. No only started applying today and it's not looking good :(

TMJM96 wrote: »
    What was her problem with Physics TSMGUY? It's generally a good degree no matter what institution you go to and even though you don't really end up working as a Physicist you learn skills applicable to many careers. Whatever, I'm bias :pac:

Anyway, don't worry, I know that's easy for me to say. Last year I was devastated with my results, didn't do as well as I hoped but got my first choice (barely) and was happy from Week One.

It's the most cliche thing ever but I honestly believe things happen for a reason. It's normal to be sad if you don't get what you want etc but most of ye are 17-19 and and another year spent repeating/doing a PLC extra is nothing really.

Anyway, best of luck to everyone :D

She just has my best interests at heart. It's not so much that she doesn't like Physics as much as it her knowing her son is a lazy, mercurial bastard who probably can't concentrate on something as rigorous as Physics for 4 years. Much respect to everyone who does do Physics.

Am I the only one looking forward to Wednesday?

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭juniorcert

Probably not the only one but I'd imagine you're in the minority

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭TMJM96

She just has my best interests at heart. It's not so much that she doesn't like Physics as much as it her knowing her son is a lazy, mercurial bastard who probably can't concentrate on something as rigorous as Physics for 4 years. Much respect to everyone who does do Physics.

I see, fair enough. I came into my course as one of the worst regarding points and grades, came out as one of the better ones. People who had 100 points on me failed or have a few repeats. Physics is hard but it's all about the work you put in.

To those looking for accommodation. Find the Freshers Page relating to that college. Ring the Accommodation Office to ask them to put you on the waiting list for on campus and also for a list of Digs in the area. As people drop out/fail repeats/don't get into the college accommodation becomes available.

TMJM96 wrote: »
    I see, fair enough. I came into my course as one of the worst regarding points and grades, came out as one of the better ones. People who had 100 points on me failed or have a few repeats. Physics is hard but it's all about the work you put in.

To those looking for accommodation. Find the Freshers Page relating to that college. Ring the Accommodation Office to ask them to put you on the waiting list for on campus and also for a list of Digs in the area. As people drop out/fail repeats/don't get into the college accommodation becomes available.
    That's me screwed then!

• Advertisement

The LC Results nightmares are coming fast and frequent. What's worse is they seem so real and realistic which probably says a lot :p

Advertisement