Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Console. Charity, Irish-style

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,182 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

:)
    Without wishing to beat the issue to death either, Kelly was cute, in that he SAW there was no governance and used that freedom from scrutiny, as we have seen.

As for putting the perpetrators behind bars.... I have yet to see Sean Fitzpatrick's trial scheduled yet. The judge said it was not to happen any time soon because of the Adverse Publicity of the other Anglo accused's trial. That was months ago, but nothing yet about SFitz. When will it be?

I could go on, but you get the drift here I am sure.

Seems it is only a crime in this country if you do not wear a white collar.

You keep making good points and spoiling the impact with statements like the last sentence.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,919 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

:)

You keep making good points and spoiling the impact with statements like the last sentence.

White collar crime is not looked at the same way as other criminal activity.

Why was Paul Kelly not arrested on the day the dodgy activity was discovered? If he had been the perpetrator of an assault or murder he would have been arrested on the spot.

But no, he was given a whole week to sort himself out and then, check himself into a psychiatric hospital. That is cute. He can say he was not of sound mind when all the shenanigans was going on. I was suffering from an illness your Honour, I didn't know what I was doing. Here's the psychiatric report thanks. But I doubt he will ever end up in the CMH either.

White collar crime is just not seen as a "crime" in this country. Look how long it took to get Drumm back, and where is he now, on bail. That was back in May, but OK that's grand. Sean Fitzpatrick's trial has been postponed so long now that the Celtic Tiger is returning, and chances are he will be quids in again before any trial happens.

And there are countless others too.

Still when certain retired judges need to go back to work when they haven't enough of a pension to live on and are fighting cases to work as barristers at age 70+ well,you would wonder.

Not to mind mad lenient sentencing in criminal cases.

Anyway I digress.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,182 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

White collar crime is not looked at the same way as other criminal activity.

Why was Paul Kelly not arrested on the day the dodgy activity was discovered? If he had been the perpetrator of an assault or murder he would have been arrested on the spot.

But no, he was given a whole week to sort himself out and then, check himself into a psychiatric hospital. That is cute. He can say he was not of sound mind when all the shenanigans was going on. I was suffering from an illness your Honour, I didn't know what I was doing. Here's the psychiatric report thanks. But I doubt he will ever end up in the CMH either.

White collar crime is just not seen as a "crime" in this country. Look how long it took to get Drumm back, and where is he now, on bail. That was back in May, but OK that's grand. Sean Fitzpatrick's trial has been postponed so long now that the Celtic Tiger is returning, and chances are he will be quids in again before any trial happens.

And there are countless others too.

Still when certain retired judges need to go back to work when they haven't enough of a pension to live on and are fighting cases to work as barristers at age 70+ well,you would wonder.

Not to mind mad lenient sentencing in criminal cases.

Anyway I digress.

I tend to leave the law to those qualified and trained to administrate it.

I try to keep any predudices out of my thinking.

I tend to leave the law to those qualified and trained to administrate it.

I try to keep any predudices out of my thinking.

It is spelled "prejudices" for the record LOL.

What is your opinion on the way Paul Kelly was allowed a week to get his affairs in order?

If I was caught undertaking fraudulent activity at work I would be arrested on the spot and marched out. My box of stuff following me and HR watching closely.

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Big C

HSE on sean o' rourke said unlikely to go after Mr Kelly as the cost far out weight's what may be recovered. Yet over €250,000 spent investigating senators €200 dodgy expences ????????????

http://www.thejournal.ie/brian-o-domhnaill-expenses-investigation-sipo-2872641-Jul2016/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭Shint0

Big C wrote: »
    HSE on sean o' rourke said unlikely to go after Mr Kelly as the cost far out weight's what may be recovered. Yet over €250,000 spent investigating senators €200 dodgy expences ????????????

http://www.thejournal.ie/brian-o-domhnaill-expenses-investigation-sipo-2872641-Jul2016/
    That's ridiculous. The cost of what? They need to set an example in the sector to prevent future frauds at the same scale.
    In other related news, Angela Kerins is in the High Court claiming personal damages for how she was investigated by the PAC. If the HSE doesn't go after Paul Kelly is he going to take an action for similar damages. They really need to get some perspective here and lay down a marker.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,022 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

There's another scandal gonna break tomorrow night on primetime investigates

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

Big C wrote: »

The costs would only eat into the living expenses the slithery one will be granted to keep him in the lifestyle to which he has become accustomed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Got any hints as to what it's about?
    Another charity?

You big Tease!

Go on give us a hint. Nothing on the website yet..... afais.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Xyzforsure

You big Tease!

Go on give us a hint. Nothing on the website yet..... afais.

Autism

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Lady is a tramp

This was criminal surely ?

didn't know what they were doing, just hose away and hope for the best ?

Health safety inspectors found staff at one centre had been given no guidance in the administration of anti-psychotic and sedative medication

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

Shint0 wrote: »
    That's ridiculous. The cost of what? They need to set an example in the sector to prevent future frauds at the same scale.
    In other related news, Angela Kerins is in the High Court claiming personal damages for how she was investigated by the PAC. If the HSE doesn't go after Paul Kelly is he going to take an action for similar damages. They really need to get some perspective here and lay down a marker.

Kind of unfortunate timing for Angela Kerins to be announcing she suffered a psychiatric episode after her questioning by the
    PAC - around the same time as the CEO of Console has checked himself into a psychiatric facility, on the discovery of his
    misappropriation of funds. <snip> :mad:

Mod: Mind the libel, folks, until and unless something is proven, don't be making public accusations. This is for your own sakes as well as the forum. - Samaris

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Mary63

Angela rang a colleague before she opened the gin and took the pills.Colleague hotfooted it around and broke open the door and Ang was rescued.

She made a full recovery the following day.

So it seems it is the Autism sector now. Although to be fair we know about this to a large extent following the takeover of the facilities by HSE as reported earlier in the week.

It is becoming very evident now that the charity sector should not be providing vital services to our vulnerable citizens. It should end fortwith and be taken over by the HSE, Gawd help us, but at least it would be taken out of the hands of dilletantes, we hope, without the multiple layers of CEO salaries and the need for donations anymore.

Time to stop it now.

OK to have a donkey sanctuary or a dog rescue charity and so on. That is voluntary.

Looking after vulnerable people is not. It is mandatory and should be totally funded by the State, no donations. Ever again for this kind of care.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭selastich2

t's a sympathy racket, master manipulators at work

I drove past John of Gods today and I am very cynical about this institution and other private mental health facilities now.It seems if you have health insurance you can get yourself admitted very quickly,Graham Dwyer,Angela Kerins and Paul Kelly took themselves off there rather than facing up to the music.

Why shouldn't the Public Accounts Committee question Angela Kerins on behalf of the rest of us,if she had no case to answer why was she so stressed over the questioning.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Sure there was a report on RTE earlier this week about the autism homes things. Disgraceful it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭FalconGirl

So it seems it is the Autism sector now. Although to be fair we know about this to a large extent following the takeover of the facilities by HSE as reported earlier in the week.

It is becoming very evident now that the charity sector should not be providing vital services to our vulnerable citizens. It should end fortwith and be taken over by the HSE, Gawd help us, but at least it would be taken out of the hands of dilletantes, we hope, without the multiple layers of CEO salaries and the need for donations anymore.

Time to stop it now.

OK to have a donkey sanctuary or a dog rescue charity and so on. That is voluntary.

Looking after vulnerable people is not. It is mandatory and should be totally funded by the State, no donations. Ever again for this kind of care.

A sad state of affairs. I would have liked to see Console continue on under new leadership with the Kellys behind bars.

The HSE couldn't run a bath.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭FalconGirl

selastich2 wrote: »
    t's a sympathy racket, master manipulators at work

This x10. Absolute sociopaths using all the tools they can to evade justice.

Some of the various organisations already do come under the public sector. Staff at SJOG, for example, come under the public service pay structure. Regardless of whether organisations are fully under the HSE they would still be staffed by the same personnel.

It really comes down to how hard a line a particular minister takes towards cleaning things up. Being seen to try to reduce hospital waiting lists and the numbers on beds at any one time in A&E is more of a populist measure and the eye gets taken off the ball when it comes to HSE funded charities.

After the FAS scandal when the organisation was broken up and some services merged under DSP, Joan Burton tried to at least appear to tighten things up across the department which trickled down to the various services and agencies with a much greater focus on day-to-day spending. It seems to take a scandal at that level before they take any action.

The carry on at Console beats everything,its so bad its almost funny,imagine even having the neck to buy a race horse for your dd with money collected by gullible people.

Imagine actually saying the money spent on designer clothes was for the benefit of the homeless,You couldn't make this stuff up.

How many CEOS of any company get away with buying his and her cars with other peoples money.

I think this is probably all par for the course now in bigger charities,why would anyone believe this was only happening in Console,its probably just not at this level in other organisations.

Where is the son in all this,Kelly and his wife and his sister have had all their assets frozen but there is no mention of Kelly Junior.

Mary63 wrote: »
    Where is the son in all this,Kelly and his wife and his sister have had all their assets frozen but there is no mention of Kelly Junior.
    Maybe he's posting away on this thread pretending to seem as outraged as the rest of us. These type are very good at trying to blend in and seem normal so nobody would suspect a thing.

He has probably gone to Australia or New Zealand.

I think it's like something you'd read about in the USA, Criminal sue state for own actions.

Yes Angela, you were held down at will, made drink all that booze and pop those pills Guantanamo style but hey, that's our fault yes????;)

it's joke, she's suing for a top up again.

yes I agree with another post. the way out of these things seems to be temporary insanity, then post fraud depression!!

These people actually insult real sufferers who are mentally ill or in distress.

Its no wonder those of us who dont have a charity to pay for our health insurance are seeing our premiums rise.A week in St Pats or John of gods costs about five thousand euros.The health insurers should now investigate whether admittance to a facility was actually required or was this action taken on legal advice to prevent Gardai getting access to an individual.
    The HSE should have referred this matter to the Gardai after Kelly submitted doctored credit card bills to the HSE auditors,the Gardai could have got the original credit card details from the banks.This would have meant Kelly could have been booted out from console long before now.What actually hapoened was the HSE and the Department of Foreign affairs continued to transfer thousands of euros to Kelly while HSE auditors were querying long haul travel,property tax payments,penalty points payments,dental bills restaurant bills etc etc.The Kellys owned a few properties so the property tax bill must have been high,wouldnt you think Revenue would have wondered how someone on 90,000 a year was buying multiple properties.I dont understand this either.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

brooke 2 wrote: »
    Kind of unfortunate timing for Angela Kerins to be announcing she suffered a psychiatric episode after her questioning by the
    PAC - around the same time as the CEO of Console has checked himself into a psychiatric facility, on the discovery of his
    misappropriation of funds.

Yes....most unfortunate. Wonder do they have the same solicitor?

Pieta House is having a go

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Did anyone see this?
    What was the story?

Advertisement