Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Console. Charity, Irish-style

Options
1161718192022»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

I heard that this morning, that he had set up a new venture, I actually thought I couldn't have heard right. REALLY? Please tell me this man is going to prison?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Winterlong wrote: »
    Looks like there is a garda investigation ongoing but no charges yet.
    It does make you wonder though...what do you have to do to get locked up in this country.

Import garlic but pretend they're onions?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Not only that but his new venture will taget the vulnerable and desperate AGAIN. This quy needs to put out of action to protect the public, it's not funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Thanks for reminding me about begley with the garlic. His sentence was 6 years. That kelly and his wife and daughter with her new car and horse ( which has now disappeared ) should all be jailed. For stealing donations from the public who thought their hard earned cash was going to help vulnerable individuals . They are really the lowest of the low .

Just read the article. Kelly said he felt suicidal and thought of ending his life....................................................ok. don't want to be banned from the site.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 299 ✭✭Old Bill

pilly wrote: »
    I heard that this morning, that he had set up a new venture, I actually thought I couldn't have heard right. REALLY? Please tell me this man is going to prison?

They won't put him in jail because hes too connected.

Old Bill wrote: »
    They won't put him in jail because hes too connected.

Connected to who ??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Connected to who ??

Those with the power to brush what he did under the carpet but ferociously prosecute others who aren't for lesser crimes.

Those with the power to brush what he did under the carpet but ferociously prosecute others who aren't for lesser crimes.

Ah yes. Have you now. Wonder how that "brigade " manage to sleep at night. ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭Ineedaname

I would say if you asked Kelly what colour the sky was he'd tell you it's green.

He gets off on telling lies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭Big Gerry

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭mikemac2

He managed to cheat justice so

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

That's a mad end to come to after setting up a charity to actually prevent such things....

It's a pity these powers weren't used on the absolute farce of the banking crisis.

Many many white collar criminals should have seen huge time and had assets stripped.

These people were just thieves but of course a different type as they weren't smashing into people's houses but still scum at the end of the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Xwebstar

How were they getting the dole

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Xwebstar wrote: »
    How were they getting the dole

Unfortunately even gangsters are entitled....

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭Big Gerry

Kelly was a professional bullsh1t artist he pretended to be a priest a doctor and pilot and managed to make millions from his lies.

They will probably make a film about him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭1o059k7ewrqj3n

Completely of his own making.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,819 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Since caught, his true life persona had come out and painted him in the light he deserved, a scam artist preying on the good charity of others. No loss, but a shame there won't be justice. And no, I'm 0 sympathy or empathy for him, as I feel this was yet another decision of his to avoid responsibility.

My only worry now, albeit far but still possible in this country, is the family will get a payout for this, because he had said he would kill himself and subsequently did, I've no doubt they'll try and hang that on the state for not protecting him. Stranger things have happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭mikemac2

My only worry now, albeit far but still possible in this country, is the family will get a payout for this, because he had said he would kill himself and subsequently did, I've no doubt they'll try and hang that on the state for not protecting him. Stranger things have happened.

To get a bit technical about it he wasn't charged at the time

There was a go ahead to start the process but it hadn't happened yet

His family deserve nothing anyway. His wife and son were happy to live the jet-set lifestyle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Stanley 1

https://www.thejournal.ie/widow-console-charity-founder-to-be-sentenced-february-6244016-Dec2023/

She pleaded guilty today to one count of failing to keep books of account, as a director of a company, contrary to the Companies Act, 1990, surely there re many other charges, is she playing for time, delay delay on more serious stuff.

What happened with Tim Kelly living in London, did he turn up...........

• Registered Users Posts: 33,942 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Tune up those violins

Mr Farrell said Kelly has been “living under the shadow of this prosecution for a long time” and is on a widow’s pension and is of limited means.

He asked the court to impose a “modest or very modest” fine.

But...

Fraudulent invoices paid by the charity were also identified and the money was traced to personal accounts held by the couple. Other payments appeared to have been made to legitimate creditors, but it was found that these were also paid to accounts held by the couple. ... She is also facing ongoing civil proceedings brought by the liquidator of the charity.

So they obviously think there is cash to go after

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,689 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

And then we have people giving out because this one isn't allowed to just break the charity rules:

https://m.independent.ie/regionals/wicklow/bray-news/wicklow-woman-whose-soup-run-fed-250-homeless-told-to-cease-or-face-300000-fine/a13824343.html

Advertisement