Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What anime are you watching or manga are you reading?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,910 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

First five One Punch Man episodes watched. Thought the first was grand but the ones after were really funny and enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭airmax87

Non Non Biyori atm, great for hangovers.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Ascendant

Just finished the anime for 'Gokukoku no Brynhildr' (Brynhildr in the Darkness) and I liked it so much, I'm continuing on with the manga (still ongoing).

Before that I watched 'Psycho-Pass', also of high caliber. In many ways we're living in a golden age of anime/manga.

Just watched the first episode of Boku Dake ga Inai Machi (aka Erased). Gonna keep at it

• Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I'm finding the latest episodes of Star Wars Rebels are really getting into the different ways of "the force". Tonights one was very cool :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭5star02707

Shokugeki no Soma - love the art and the food makes me hungry all the time
    Nanatsu no Taizai / Seven Deadly Sins
    Fairy Tail
    Hajime no Ippo
    Bleach
    Douluo Dalu / Soul Land

Those are the top ones that i recommend

the_syco wrote: »
    I'm finding the latest episodes of Star Wars Rebels are really getting into the different ways of "the force". Tonights one was very cool :)

Still need to watch this week's. But like Clone Wars it has improved as the seasons go on.

Watched episode 6 of Boku Dake ga Inai Machi. really good

Clannad, more confused at the intro's than I was while watching NGE.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭AzN

Just finished reading Pandora Hearts recently, great manga, definitely one of my favourites.

As for anime I can't find any good already aired ones so I'm just waiting each week for " Boku dake ga Inai Machi " and " Durarara "

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭IHeartYuki

I started Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! Loving this story. It's like SAO or Log Horizon with laughs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,560 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

IHeartYuki wrote: »
    I started Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! Loving this story. It's like SAO or Log Horizon with laughs.

Enjoying that myself, doesn't take itself seriously at all. Favourite of the season is probably Erased though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Numina

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Just watched the first episode of Boku Dake ga Inai Machi (aka Erased). Gonna keep at it

I wish shows like this were the standard rather than the exception. I love everything about this show, especially that the VAs are just speaking in normal voices instead of over exaggerating everything like a lot of other shows would.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

IHeartYuki wrote: »

If you want something in a similar vein (transported to a fantasy world), check out Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash. Its a lot heavier and more serious.

Erased is fantastic, hate the cliffhanger endings on each episode though.

Yeah, I'm tempted to wait until Erased finishes now before watching any more. But then that means having to wait even longer for the next episode. Ah, what to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭mrkite77

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    If you want something in a similar vein (transported to a fantasy world), check out Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash. Its a lot heavier and more serious.

Just started Grimgar. Love the concept. It feels rather realistic. Just because you're transported to a fantasy world, doesn't mean you know how to use a sword... and swords are rather tricky, it requires years of practice... not something you can handwave away with a montage.

Plus I never really thought about it, but Goblins use weapons and armor and communicate with each other... they're clearly intelligent. Killing one would be extremely difficult and traumatic.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭IHeartYuki

Gunmonkey wrote: »

I'm watching that too but it's a little bit of a slow burner. Good drama, not enough plot (at least so far). Erased is definitely on another level this season. I'm waiting for episode 9 now but wish I'd waited until it was all out. It's definitely a show I could binge-watch!

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭macker33

Just finished Katanagatari tonight, definitely recommended.
    Its weird because its 12 45min episodes instead of the usual 23 mins. if you havent seen it then you need to make haste and go watch it.

Watamote.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Gave Ajin a watch, very good indeed! :D

Not a huge fan of the animation style, but a damn good show that really kept me gripped.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭macker33

airmax87 wrote: »
    Watamote.

I thought that was a lot of fun, lot of people didnt like it though

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Watching log horizon, on ep8, not really digging it if im honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,560 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Watching log horizon, on ep8, not really digging it if im honest.

Picks up in the second half. Bit of a slow burner, but better for the story that way as it does a pretty good job world building which is important.

The first season covers the first 4 light novels.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Girls Und Panzer movie snuck out into the world subtitled this weekend (along with an OVA)

Honestly if you liked the series (which I stand by despite its insane premise works far too well) the movie doesnt break any new ground story wise (repeats itself quite a bit in a few areas) but goes for broke with the ridiculous tank battles and they are at times glorious. Its also surprisingly longer then expected coming in at 2 hours (and most of it is tank battles)

I still think the final tank battle of the series was better but there are some excellent ones here all the same.

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    Girls Und Panzer movie snuck out into the world subtitled this weekend (along with an OVA)

Honestly if you liked the series (which I stand by despite its insane premise works far too well) the movie doesnt break any new ground story wise (repeats itself quite a bit in a few areas) but goes for broke with the ridiculous tank battles and they are at times glorious. Its also surprisingly longer then expected coming in at 2 hours (and most of it is tank battles)

I still think the final tank battle of the series was better but there are some excellent ones here all the same.

May give that a look, love me some GuP. On a similar note, check out High School Fleet, currently airing series which is the same deal but cute girls doing cute things onboard a naval destroyer.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,272 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

I have to say, I very much enjoyed the GuP movie. Especially interesting when you've been to Oarai and seen the places in real life, you can recognise where in the town they are. Bit in the middle was a bit slow, and there are one or two plot holes one could drive a T28 through, but the Finns make up for it :)

There are also a number of easter eggs which only enthusiasts of military history will pick up on, which enhance the experience and a few other 'cool references', such as "Operation Mifune."

but the Finns make up for it :)

Oh man I loved them.

http://i.4cdn.org/wsg/1464706424916.webm

• Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Finished Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood the other day, so now watching The Legend of Korra. Also half watching Berserk, 00, and something else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭kevovek

Im just about half way through Erased and I'm finding it to be pretty good. Also got the first 3 volumes of the Neon Genesis Evangelion manga Im a massive fan of the series as a whole but Ive never read these.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

About midway through Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress . Excellent production quality and a decent story but Attack on Titan it is not (same team), still worth a look imho.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,918 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

_CreeD_ wrote: »
    About midway through Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress . Excellent production quality and a decent story but Attack on Titan it is not (same team), still worth a look imho.

Is it actually as much of a Titan cash-in as first impressions would have you believe or does it pivot off into its own thing?

Advertisement