Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What anime are you watching or manga are you reading?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Nody wrote: »
    For those who've not picked it up yet Saga of Tanya the Evil from this season is brilliant and highly recommended.

Have heard a lot of good hype from it, most seems to be "wait till the 2nd episode, it gets much better".

Only really streaming Konosuba, Nanbaka, All-Out! and Gundam:Iron Blooded Orphans from this season so far. Still a lot from last year I skipped so trying to catch up.

If anyone hasn't watched it, I highly recommend Bungo Stray Dogs, great series.

Gonna be a good year looking forward though:
    -Attack on Titan S2
    -Kekkai Sensen S2
    -One Punch Man S2
    -Code Geass S3 (maybe in time for Xmas, maybe early next year)
    -Full Metal Panic! S3 (cannot...f***ing...wait)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,270 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Have heard a lot of good hype from it, most seems to be "wait till the 2nd episode, it gets much better".
    First episode drops you in the middle of the action; second episode set ups the actual story arch of what's really going on basically and gives you the background information and motivations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭kevovek

Watched the first four episodes of My Hero Academia last night and was instantly hooked, I'll probably get through it pretty fast. Season 2 of psycho pass lined up for after that been over a year since I watched the first series.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

kevovek wrote: »
    Watched the first four episodes of My Hero Academia last night and was instantly hooked, I'll probably get through it pretty fast. Season 2 of psycho pass lined up for after that been over a year since I watched the first series.

Prepare to be underwhelmed by PPS2, nowhere near as good as S1. The movie is pretty good though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,270 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Just finished Magi Adventure of Sinbad season 1; happy I did as it put me in mood for season 2 of The Seven Deadly Sins due to be released on 17th Feb.

• Advertisement

Nody wrote: »
    Just finished Magi Adventure of Sinbad season 1; happy I did as it put me in mood for season 2 of The Seven Deadly Sins due to be released on 17th Feb.

Prepare to be disappointed, its not a second season as described by Netflix, but a 4 part tv special.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭5star02707

Shokugeki no Soma and Nanatsu No Taizai (7 Deadly sins) these are the top 2 Manga/Animes for me

Prepare to be disappointed, its not a second season as described by Netflix, but a 4 part tv special.
    Which sets up the season 2 story arch but you need to watch the after credit stuff to get the full story for it :)

I was happy enough though; it's more in the same style which is what I wanted even if it was only 4 episodes.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,051 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Anyone here watch beserk? how violent is it?

Anyone here watch beserk? how violent is it?

Extremely violent, including dismemberment, gore and some deeply disturbing sexual violence.

Start with the 97 series or the Golden Age trilogy, both cover the same material the 3rd movie covers the end of the arc better than the series.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,051 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Extremely violent, including dismemberment, gore and some deeply disturbing sexual violence.

Start with the 97 series or the Golden Age trilogy, both cover the same material the 3rd movie covers the end of the arc better than the series.

Good god I just watched an 8 minute clip and don't think I could stomach that.

Good god I just watched an 8 minute clip and don't think I could stomach that.

Probably the Eclipse from the end of the series or movie 3. The Eclipse is so graphic in movie 3 that it was originally passed R18(making it illegal to sell outside "adult" shops effectively banning it) by the BBFC before being reduced to an 18s on appeal.

And to make it worse the animated version is toned down quite a bit from the manga.

The story is awesome, but there is no denying that it is completely f'd up.

Probably the Eclipse from the end of the series or movie 3. The Eclipse is so graphic in movie 3 that it was originally passed R18(making it illegal to sell outside "adult" shops effectively banning it) by the BBFC before being reduced to an 18s on appeal.

And to make it worse the animated version is toned down quite a bit from the manga.

The story is awesome, but there is no denying that it is completely f'd up.

I just read up on the eclipse and it does sound like the scene I watched on youtube, it was horrific! I agree though it does sound like it has an awesome story.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Diazou

I'm watching DBZ from the beginning.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,578 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

gfd0120 wrote: »
    I'm watching DBZ from the beginning.

Lightweight, you need to watch from the beginning of Dragon Ball :p

Lightweight, you need to watch from the beginning of Dragon Ball :p

Indeed, why start a series on episode 154. :p

Watching kill la kill atm, what a great show so far.

Watching kill la kill atm, what a great show so far.

Really liked KlK myself, the series is crazy.

Really liked KlK myself, the series is crazy.

Also the old school style animation is cool, anything similar out there that you would recommend?

Also the old school style animation is cool, anything similar out there that you would recommend?

Gurren Lagann if you haven't already seen it, same creative team as KlK. While Gurren Lagann is a mecha series it doesn't revel in the usual tropes and just like KlK is completely absurd.

• Advertisement

Gurren Lagann if you haven't already seen it, same creative team as KlK. While Gurren Lagann is a mecha series it doesn't revel in the usual tropes and just like KlK is completely absurd.

I've seen GL and absolutely loved, I was thinking those lads had something too do with it alright.

I've seen GL and absolutely loved, I was thinking those lads had something too do with it alright.

Another one to try is Space Patrol Luluco, a short series by Trigger. Most of the other Trigger series get referenced too like KlK and Little Witch Academia. Plus it gives us ridiculous transformations like this: ec3.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭Evade

If you have an hour and a half the Little Witch Academia films are pretty good. I haven't seen the series yet, but I hear it's good too.

15 episodes into kill la kill now and I'm absolutely loving it,best anime I've seen in a while,normally I prefer dubs and find it a drag trying too watch subs but not in this case, also kiryuin satsuki...What a woman *swoon* :o:o .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭megaten

I liked kill la kill but I though it suffered from a lack of tension as it went on.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭Evade

15 episodes into kill la kill now and I'm absolutely loving it,best anime I've seen in a while,normally I prefer dubs and find it a drag trying too watch subs but not in this case, also kiryuin satsuki...What a woman *swoon* :o:o .
    Brace yourself, it's about to get weird(er).

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Gundam:Iron Blooded Orphans
    If only I knew what episode I stopped watching it, so that I can resume watching it :/
    -Code Geass S3 (maybe in time for Xmas, maybe early next year)
    OOOooooooo!!!!
    -Full Metal Panic! S3 (cannot...f***ing...wait)
    Didn't know of this. Gotta look out for it!

Gundam:Iron Blooded Orphans
    the_syco wrote: »
    If only I knew what episode I stopped watching it, so that I can resume watching it :/
    Ah. Seems I stopped watching at ep25, aka the end of season 1. Awesome; 25 more to watch :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,860 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Just watched Gantz O. Made me want them to make the rest of the manga. They did change some of the manga but mostly for the best.
    I'm sure it was probably expensive but with the quality of the animation, it made me wonder again why video game cutscene quality animation isn't more common for movies or series.

• Advertisement

Watching "Wangan Midnight" and "Oban Star Racers" atm.

Advertisement