Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What anime are you watching or manga are you reading?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,050 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Sieghardt wrote: »
    reading Bird Cafe which is super cute and relevant to my interests

watching Fairy Tail, I promised myself I'd never get into another thing with hundreds of episodes but damn it's good, loving Erza

Ersa is Da bomb ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,050 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Finished Psycho pass season 2 today, not a patch on the first season but not all that bad either,gonna watch season two of sword art online next.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

WilsonIRL wrote: »
    If you're liking it by episode 5 then you're going to love it by episode 11. For me, episode 11 got me properly hooked on the show.

Just hit episode 11 now, but I was well hooked before that. I think it was episode 9 where Akane chews Ginoza out of it for talking down to her in front of the enforcers, that moment right there was brilliant. I didn't think much of her as a character up until that point, but it really changed my perspective on her and she seems a much more interesting protagonist

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭EmcD123

just started reading the first spice and wolf novel,liking it so far, kinda wish I could get a physical copy of it though

Finished Psycho Pass (S1) on Sunday, that was awesome, I seriously marathoned through that in no time!

Started watching Another last night, holy crap it's creepy :eek: Not sure I'll finish this one quite so quick, it's seriously gotten under my skin. :o

• Advertisement

Finished Another, was incredible :D

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭WilsonIRL

Links234 wrote: »
    Finished Another, was incredible :D

Have you tried Jormungand or Black Lagoon? I liked them both.

Have you tried Jormungand or Black Lagoon? I liked them both.

Watched the first season of Jormungand, not seen Black Lagoon but it's on my list ;)

Black lagoon is very enjoyable :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭butterbun

Started watching Space Brothers. It's the first anime I've watched in a long time.

• Advertisement

Have put SOA 2 on hold for the moment, I started watching Outlaw star and thats much more enjoyable , I remember watching it on cartoon network late at night years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Finished off Parasyte a few days back, so good. Now have to find something else to binge on.
    Have put SOA 2 on hold for the moment, I started watching Outlaw star and thats much more enjoyable , I remember watching it on cartoon network late at night years ago.

On that, Viewster has posted up Outlaw Star to watch for free (maybe some ads).

http://www.viewster.com/serie/1283-19420-000/outlaw-star/

Must give it a view to see how much Firefly ripped it off :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭megaten

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Finished off Parasyte a few days back, so good. Now have to find something else to binge on.

Thanks for the heads up. Forgot viewster existed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Vision of Escaflowne, Durarara and Fate/Kalied Linear Prisma Illya have also gone up on Viewster. BTW there are no ads(yet) on Viewster if you use the X360 app.

Its really cool, I remember watching it back in the day on cartoon network late at night and didn't know CN edited it so heavily.

Finished outlaw star, really enjoyed it, watching cowboy bebop now.

Started watching Gargantia on the Verduous Planet today ;)

Links234 wrote: »
    Started watching Gargantia on the Verduous Planet today ;)

Really, really liked that, had one of the best settings in a series for a good while.

In the cuurent season, am actually liking Etotama. Has some nice self-referential jokes and digs at the anime industry (excessive fanservice, the mystic ray of light covering boobs, decline in DVD sales) and the 3D combat scenes are well animated, if you don't hate chibi style stuff anyways.

Squid Girl. Those squid-puns inkvaded their way into my heart.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭WilsonIRL

Just finished Nichijou... how did i miss that show when it came out?!!!

And none of my friends have seen it. How long must i wait before i can finally say "Selamat Pagi!" without getting confused looks?!

• Advertisement

And none of my friends have seen it. How long must i wait before i can finally say "Selamat Pagi!" without getting confused looks?!

I thought I was the only one!

You should watch "Daily Lives of High School Boys" (Danshi Kōkōsei no Nichijō) next, very similar and one of the funniest series ever made.

Whats peoples opinion on Samurai Champloo, heard good things on the interwebs.

You should watch "Daily Lives of High School Boys" (Danshi Kōkōsei no Nichijō) next, very similar and one of the funniest series ever made.

I thought it was cool, well worth watching.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Numina

Story and setting are awesome, soundtrack is out of this world.

Numina wrote: »
    Story and setting are awesome, soundtrack is out of this world.

Yup great soundtrack

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭mrkite77

Watching a few things.

Re-kan is fun.. about a girl who can see ghosts, and her friends at school just roll with it.

I had to watch "Is it Wrong to Try to Pick up Girls in a Dungeon?" just for the name... the fact that it's pretty good is just a bonus.

Hello! Kiniro Mosaic. I'm really just watching this just for Karen... if it were just 20 minutes of her talking I'd think it was the best thing ever.

If this scene from season 1 doesn't make you laugh you have a heart of stone:

Finished Squid Girl (Ika Musume). One of the few anime I feel work better dubbed, English puns are so much better compared to their Japanese counterparts. It's a shame the second series wasn't dubbed.

If you don't find Mini-Ika the cutest thing, well buddy you gotta be squiddin' me.

Watched about half of toradora today, went into it not expecting anything and now Im really glad I watched it, will probably finish it tomorrow

Also did anyone watch shokugeki this week.... easily this seasons best series(imo)

• Advertisement

EmcD123 wrote: »
    Watched about half of toradora today, went into it not expecting anything and now Im really glad I watched it, will probably finish it tomorrow

Toradora is the ultimate romcom, I hope you finish it. It made me feel feels:)

Advertisement