Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC Fight Night: dos Anjos v Alvarez & Duffy v Clarke

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,166 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Jesus!!!!! It's Thursday night and we still have TUF Finale to come and then UFC f*cking 200 to come!

What a night of fights!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,383 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Duffy via Submission
    Gadelha and Nunes are winning now, aren't they?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Great finish to a cracking card tonight, glad I stayed up for it with work in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,357 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Duffy via Submission
    Bloody great night of fights!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,501 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Conor would beat both of them though. I would be very confident of it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

RDA just lost his red panty night forever

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Duffy via Submission

Not a ****ing hope.

Duffy via Submission

Going by tonight, RDA wouldn't have been able to take that left hand. No way. Alvarez might cause him some problems though, he wouldn't be favourite in that fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

Duffy via Submission

agree there, that iteration of RDA had to have came out at 196 we'd have the first ever ufc two-weight champion! alvarez' wrestling, not quite as confident!

Duffy via Submission
    DC vs Silva just announched.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

que the khabib is the true champ talk now after the mcgregor talk dies down,anyone can win on any night lads ya cant predict this ****.

Duffy via Submission
    Gamebred wrote: »
    que the khabib is the true champ talk now after the mcgregor talk dies down,anyone can win on any night lads ya cant predict this ****.

unless your name is mr stuffins :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

Duffy via Submission
    Dos Anjos looked veerrryyy different from the Pettis fight.

Duffy via Submission

Khabib is guaranteed the next shot and I think he'll hump Alvarez into dust.

If you look at the slow mos, they both loop their punches when under pressure. Conor loves that so that's why I think he would win with his accurate counter punching and his dynamite left hand.

Duffy via Submission
    joey diaz commentary on the fight companion is hilarious, get that man a ufc contract!

it's set up perfectly now for Conor. If he beats Diaz, McG v Alvarez is a sure thing!

TimRiggins wrote: »

Didnt look too different when he absolutely starched cowboy under strict testing.

Yes, he learned how to do the Chicken Dance!

nelson messed up my accu so I threw 10 euro on Alvarez by Ko for the fun

Money :D

• Advertisement

RDA was winning the fight (Well, what little of it there was). This is just a case of nobody being un-KO-able! Everyone can be KO'd and if you stand and trade with someone like Alvarez you're asking for trouble!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Duffy via Submission
    Love seeing stuff like this. Poirier in the crowd congratulating Duffy after his win.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BHlXzXTjUHL/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

Clarke via KO/TKO
    Apart from DJ nobody seems to be able to hold onto a title. Even Lawler with 2 defences won a coin flip with Condit. Really entertaining stuff to watch. :)

Not a single Brazilian left with a strap.

martyos121 wrote: »
    Dos Anjos with 50-45s across the board in this one. Alvarez is a great fighter, but RDA is P4P top 3.
    Maybe but it is MMA any shi!t can happen :p

It's MMA any sh!t can happen

Duffy via Submission
    Apart from DJ nobody seems to be able to hold onto a title. Even Lawler with 2 defences won a coin flip with Condit. Really entertaining stuff to watch. :)

was minutes away from losing to rory aswel

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

Duffy via Submission
    Didnt look too different when he absolutely starched cowboy under strict testing.

Thats fair enough but even he looked different from that fight but he just ruined Cowboy, I think he looked smaller and a little slower to be honest. Even when he ruined Diaz on the feet albeit he was injured but he looked like a monster pre usada.

Duffy via Submission
    It's MMA any sh!t can happen

I got every single call wrong tonight, the writing was on the wall with that one!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

Clarke via KO/TKO
    Depp wrote: »
    was minutes away from losing to rory aswel

Yeah. Wonder if PED testing is having some effect on belts changing hands so much?

Think Aldo is such an unknown quantity on Saturday. He could be the greatest, or he could be a shell of what he was.

• Advertisement

Thats fair enough but even he looked different from that fight but he just ruined Cowboy, I think he looked smaller and a little slower to be honest. Even when he ruined Diaz on the feet albeit he was injured but he looked like a monster pre usada.

I suspect everyone now tbh I wouldnt put my life on any of them being clean,juice wouldnt of saved him there all the epo in the world even to give him cardio,you get hit like that your on queer street ive learned my lessons lately dont write anyone off I gave him a slight chance but none of winning by ko in a round,crazy sport.

Advertisement