Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC Fight Night: dos Anjos v Alvarez & Duffy v Clarke

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Duffy via Submission

Started early as Anderson there taking questions

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

Duffy via Submission

Started early as Anderson there taking questions

duffy robbed! how that wasnt sub of the night ill never know!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Duffy via Submission
    Absolute joke that Duffy didn't get a bonus.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,129 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Duffy via Decision
    Depp wrote: »
    duffy robbed! how that wasnt sub of the night ill never know!
    shrewdness wrote: »
    Absolute joke that Duffy didn't get a bonus.

Did you watch the undercard lads?

Duffy wasn't robbed of the bonus imo, not even close imo. It just unfortunate that the undercard was full of sub.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Alvarez via KO/TKO
    Its a hard pill to swallow seeing Alvarez with the belt considering he was close to being cut, its weird I didn't see him as ufc quality. Fair play to him though some work ethic. Dos Anjos looked noticeably different.....

Got to love the black beast what a man, Roy second stinking performance in a row!

Great card overall, let's see what happens tonight!!

• Advertisement

Duffy via Decision
    ASOT wrote: »
    Got to love the black beast what a man, Roy second stinking performance in a row!

This punch :eek::eek::eek:
    https://gfycat.com/LawfulUltimateItalianbrownbear

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Alvarez via KO/TKO
    Mellor wrote: »

That Punch dropped me just looking at it, one thing I'll always have is respect for roy he can take a punch

• Registered Users Posts: 21,374 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Duffy via Submission
    Mellor wrote: »

Some say that tooth is still airborne...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Duffy was amazing. That overhand right that started it all off was a thing of beauty. Feinted and showed the left hook, then BOOM perfectly timed overhand. Gorgeous.

Nice to see Poirier congratulate him after. Have a lot of time for that dude.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,559 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Duffy via Decision
    WTF Thursday night, Eddie is the champ? Silva is fighting cormier? Roy's head is still attached to his body? Duffy didn't get a bonus for that outstanding performance????
    This gonna be some weekend...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭finglashoop

dos Anjos via Submission
    All the brazilians popping or losing.

Hardly a coincidence. RDA against pettis was ridiculous. Lke a TRT Belfort.

Usada are defo cleaning house.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

Herb deans the best in the business. I dont know by refs that wouls call it while a fighters still standing. Definetly saved dos anjos. Another one of those uppercuts and his jaw would be wred shut.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

Alvarez via KO/TKO
    This post has been deleted.

Duffy via Decision
    darced wrote: »
    I cant believe anyone see's much difference with RDA, he was lighting Alvarez up in his usual fashion until he got caught.

We have seen guys have huge performance drops and not look like themselves at all but RDA hasn't changed an iota from anything I can see.
    Yeah but he's Brazilain, so USADA.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Duffy via Decision
    Great stuff from Duffy, looked really sharp.

Nelson sure wasn't pretty but I thought he won rounds 2 and 3.

Delighted for Alvarez, never took to Dos Anjos and always thought people were rating him a bit too highly.

He looked sharp though and the exact same as the Cowboy fight. No idea why people are mentioning usada, not liked he was out of shape and fought rubbish or anything. He was just out on his feet after that first punch. Did well to not go down in a heap a lot earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

shrewdness wrote:
    Love seeing stuff like this. Poirier in the crowd congratulating Duffy after his win.

Seemed to go out of his way to congratulate him as well, classy move kudos to poirier

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Or maybe he just wanted to remind him of the time he smashed him around the place :eek::pac:
    I'm joking here

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

jcd5971 wrote: »
    Seemed to go out of his way to congratulate him as well, classy move kudos to poirier
    Poirier seems like an all round good dude. Big fan of his.

Really enjoyed that card last night. Dunno how RDA was still on his feet after the shots he took. Good stoppage from Herb.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Duffy via Submission

Fight companion :) Forgot about it last night myself. Also fell asleep and only woke up just after the Jouban fight so missed the Duffy fight :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

Clarke via KO/TKO
    stephenl15 wrote: »

Fight companion :) Forgot about it last night myself. Also fell asleep and only woke up just after the Jouban fight so missed the Duffy fight :(

Oh Jesus ****ing Christ, oh Jesus ****ing Christ, oh Jesus ****ing Christ... :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Joey done his bollox in betting against McGregor a few times hes always getting the sly back handed comments in about him its hilarious.

One things for sure this time next year that LW title will probably have changed hands another few times no one holds onto that thing some hungry dudes coming for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Really fun night of fights. Some absolutely brilliant submissions on show.

Duffy and Alvarez were absolutely sublime but yet again judging absolutely ruined the night.

How Muhammed and Nelson lost their fights I will never know. Scandalous scoring.

That_Guy wrote: »
    Really fun night of fights. Some absolutely brilliant submissions on show.

Duffy and Alvarez were absolutely sublime but yet again judging absolutely ruined the night.

How Muhammed and Nelson lost their fights I will never know. Scandalous scoring.

Nelson done **** all,landed about 5 punches lay in side control attempting no g'n'p or submissions,I dont think he can complain too much tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Gamebred wrote: »
    Nelson done **** all,landed about 5 punches lay in side control attempting no g'n'p or submissions,I dont think he can complain too much tbh.

Personally thought he did enough. Even with the sound off, visually it looked like Nelson won 2 rounds with takedowns and ground control. Granted, he didn't do a whole lot of work but watching it, it looked like he was in control of Lewis.

The Muhammed fight though... I thought it was a clear 29-28 victory for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

USADA have announced a possible violation in Roy Nelson's post fight drug test from last nights event. Trace elements of granite were believed to be found in Roy's beard

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Watched it today, i'll be boring and just say wow.

I was glad Lewis got the decision. I've no problem with grappling and Nelson's chin maybe he should have got some award for not going down... but he just didn't do anything on the ground. He spent a lot of time getting him to the ground (or hugging as lewis said) and just not much else.

Was laughin my ass off at Lewis post fight interview.

How did dos anjos stay standing? His legs bent completely out of shape and somehow sprung back. Hadn't seen alverez fight before but fair play

What a sport.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Only 4 significant strikes......he can take a hell of a punch but he's on a bad run. Even the win over Rosholt was poor

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭jmx009

Alvarez via KO/TKO
    ERG89 wrote: »

Only 4 significant strikes......he can take a hell of a punch but he's on a bad run. Even the win over Rosholt was poor

He is 40 years old. Its only going to get worse from here onwards. I always liked his personality though especially during that TUF season which he won. Dana almost hated him in that season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭jmx009

Alvarez via KO/TKO
    ERG89 wrote: »

He is 40 years old. Its only going to get worse from here onwards. I always liked his personality though especially during that TUF season which he won. Dana almost hated him in that season.

Advertisement