Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC Fight Night: dos Anjos v Alvarez & Duffy v Clarke

Options
15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,846 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Clarke via KO/TKO
    never thought the likes of alvarez would be wearing that strap especially after watching his last three fights, thought he was going to get blitzed myself

really thought nelson would trade with lewis...happy lewis got that one

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Conor would beat both of them though. I would be very confident of it

RDA looked sharp but I'd also put my money on CMC to win that fight... I think he'd dominate him with his reach. He tries to stand in too much and relies on a thick chin.

Thought Alvarez was really interesting with his footwork, that'd make a great fight, don't think I'd call it... Funny how a good win changes your perception!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Alvarez td defence made rda have to stand,RDA merked Pettis with that grinding style against the cage wont work on someone like eddie or khabib.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Alvarez via KO/TKO
    Been watching this over an over again today, what a performance from Eddie, nice massive piece of humble pie after calling for his head on here. The body shots done serious damage IMO.

See them inside leg kicks too great game planning from Mark Henry,that squad of eddie,barboza and frankie are bad dudes would pay to see them spar.

• Advertisement

Alvarez via KO/TKO
    Gamebred wrote: »
    See them inside leg kicks too great game planning from Mark Henry,that squad of eddie,barboza and frankie are bad dudes would pay to see them spar.

The first one neatly took dos Anjos off the smokes, it was unreal. The whole finishing sequence was quality also Eddie stayed ridiculously calm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Watched it today, i'll be boring and just say wow.

I was glad Lewis got the decision. I've no problem with grappling and Nelson's chin maybe he should have got some award for not going down... but he just didn't do anything on the ground. He spent a lot of time getting him to the ground (or hugging as lewis said) and just not much else.

Was laughin my ass off at Lewis post fight interview.

How did dos anjos stay standing? His legs bent completely out of shape and somehow sprung back. Hadn't seen alverez fight before but fair play

What a sport.

Hard not to like that man, "Black Beast in this hoe" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

Duffy via Submission
    ASOT wrote: »
    Been watching this over an over again today, what a performance from Eddie, nice massive piece of humble pie after calling for his head on here. The body shots done serious damage IMO.

That flying knee though. Lost my **** watching it live. What a performance.

We're getting much better fight cards and performances since this new weigh in procedure. Could be a coincidence but it seems to be making a huge difference.

It was great watching a main event title fight and having no emotional attachment to either fighter another one tonight dont care who wins.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,374 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Duffy via Submission
    ASOT wrote: »
    The first one neatly took dos Anjos off the smokes, it was unreal. The whole finishing sequence was quality also Eddie stayed ridiculously calm

He needed the finish there too, he said in the post fight interview he emptied the gas tank in that onslaught, if Dos Anjos survived that round by some miracle, that fight could've gone a bit differently.

Being real though, RDA was just never recovering from that and Alvarez isn't the type the waste such an opportunity for a finish. Thought the stoppage from Herb Dean was perfectly timed as well, how he gets them right all the time in the heat of the action is impressive as hell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

martyos121 wrote: »
    He needed the finish there too, he said in the post fight interview he emptied the gas tank in that onslaught, if Dos Anjos survived that round by some miracle, that fight could've gone a bit differently.

Being real though, RDA was just never recovering from that and Alvarez isn't the type the waste such an opportunity for a finish. Thought the stoppage from Herb Dean was perfectly timed as well, how he gets them right all the time in the heat of the action is impressive as hell.

Wiedman vs Rockhold is one I won't forget too soon though!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭finglashoop

dos Anjos via Submission
    Only watching this now.

Nice from duffy.

Muhammed has some on him. Dropped three times in two rounds. Jouban on empty in the third

Alvarez via KO/TKO
    Only watching this now.

Nice from duffy.

Muhammed has some on him. Dropped three times in two rounds. Jouban on empty in the third

The last minute of round three was sick. I'll be keeping an out out for him anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,374 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Duffy via Submission
    Wiedman vs Rockhold is one I won't forget too soon though!

Forgot about that and I was there for it and all. :o

Was screaming for him to stop it late in the third. His track record does speak for itself though, he's the best ref in all of combat sports in my opinion. I'd rate Goddard just behind him and then McCarthy after.

Advertisement