Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Immigration Control Officer - Dublin Airport

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Me too! Have no idea what to expect!

Me too!! :(:o

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Heart Break Kid

May I ask what date you have ? .

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭spongebob89

Can anyone tell me what this job entails..? A day in the life

Daily duties? How much pressure?

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭corkonian41

I applied for Immigration and Prison service, got called too today to sit exam for both positions!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Garzard

Got the same invitation for the supervised aptitude test in mid-July. Is there just one position for the job?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭gelsthe

Me too!!... mid july

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭mandymo

I applied for Immigration and Prison service, got called too today to sit exam for both positions!
    Me too, only thing is the test is the day after we go to America for my cousins wedding, i'll be gone for 2 weeks....looks like that is me out of the running for both jobs :(

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭Shane Fitz

mandymo wrote: »
    Me too, only thing is the test is the day after we go to America for my cousins wedding, i'll be gone for 2 weeks....looks like that is me out of the running for both jobs :(

On the thread for the prison service someone got a date of July 4th. I got the 20th to sit test for both this and prison job. Could be worth shooting an email tomorrow and telling them your predicament and see if the can fit you in Monday?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 greeneyes29

Got called for next stage too! Would be an interesting role but it would be about a 45min drive for me each way. And less money . Bored silly in my current job tho.
    Does anyone have the information booklet with job specification? I assume it's not on public jobs.ie anymore. ☺

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Sprog 4

Garzard wrote: »
    Is there just one position for the job?

From reading the initial advert I got the impression they were trying to fill a number of positions. I could be wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭Shane Fitz

Got called for next stage too! Would be an interesting role but it would be about a 45min drive for me each way. And less money . Bored silly in my current job tho.
    Does anyone have the information booklet with job specification? I assume it's not on public jobs.ie anymore.
    I printed it out. I'll try find it and dm you tomorrow if you don't get it beforehand

• Registered Users Posts: 30 greeneyes29

Shane Fitz wrote: »
    I printed it out. I'll try find it and dm you tomorrow if you don't get it beforehand

Thanks Shane, Ive a wedding tomorrow so won't get to look for it so that would be great. 😀

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Got the shout as-well, only thing is I have a driving test the same day. Gonna give them a shout tomorrow.

Someone asked what was on the test, if you read the booklet you get with the email it has some examples. Kinda looks complicated compared some of the tests I have taken for PAS in the past. There must be some volume of people looking for these jobs, cause the way your tested is like the job is 100k a year !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭italodisco

I also got the email today, July supervised testing.
    I'm already in the public service and looking for something a bit more interesting.

The only bad side is that nepotism is rife and also more than likely half of the country applied lol.

Has anyone done one of these tests before? I did one ten years ago and didn't enjoy it I'll say that much haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 sumpector

I would think there are a few jobs to fill if they're going to the bother of having supervised tests, probably going to create a panel and recruit from that as they need to. I could easily be wrong though but hopefully we get a decent go at it.

Has anyone any idea what these tests are like?? Any hints and tips would be appreciated

italodisco wrote: »
    Has anyone any idea what these tests are like?? Any hints and tips would be appreciated

There is a brief description and a couple sample questions in a linked pdf document in your inbox on publicjobs.ie

Is this going to be the same as the CO test I see them talking about on another thread? They all did a part A online test but for these two roles I just filled in an online cv and answered a few situational questions.
    I'm not the best at maths so I'm slightly worried now :(

mandymo wrote: »

"Please attend as scheduled as requests for changes to allocated testing
    sessions will only be considered in exceptional circumstances."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭Seamus O Leprosy

When is the first exam date? I'm down for 18th July

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭applejunkie

Im in for the 13th July in the afternoon , just for immigration , didnt apply for the prison service one

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭corkonian41

21st for Immigration and Prison jobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Heart Break Kid

sumpector wrote: »
    I would think there are a few jobs to fill if they're going to the bother of having supervised tests, probably going to create a panel and recruit from that as they need to. I could easily be wrong though but hopefully we get a decent go at it.

Its 70 jobs and rumours are that 1500 applied.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 sumpector

Would anybody still have the information booklet they could pass on? I could have sworn I saved it at the time

sumpector wrote: »
    Would anybody still have the information booklet they could pass on? I could have sworn I saved it at the time

Yea me too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭kravmaga

have you a source/link to confirm this?

I just rang Publicjobs , Chapter House, Starts 12th July to 18th July inclusive, morning and afternoon sessions. Morning session starts at 08:45am.

3 Assessment Tests- All tests are timed.

Verbal Interpretation test 18 mins to complete 26 Questions
    Numerical Interpretation test 20 mins to complete 21 Questions
    Checking information test 8 mins to complete 46 Questions

Best to Print and Download the PDF Familiarization Material Booklet as there are sample test Questions inside it.

Best of luck, I'm down for the 14th July 2016

I assume they don't expect everybody to complete all questions? That seems a lot for such a short space of time.

Is that for the Immigration CO position or the Prison Service CO?

• Advertisement

py2006 wrote: »
    I assume they don't expect everybody to complete all questions? That seems a lot for such a short space of time.

Correct, this is just an exercise to weed down on the volume of applicants they have.

Advertisement