Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Immigration Control Officer - Dublin Airport

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Sprog 4

cw67irl wrote: »
    31 in yesterdays 3.30 session. Session just before that was pretty full aswell. Are these tests for immigration and prison service or just immigration? The prison service was mentioned in the intro.

Tests went ok, I took too much time on some of the maths didnt get the last 2 questions answered. Verbal was grand loads of time. Error Checking was good got to the second last page of questions.

How did everyone else get on?

Did the tests today. The numerical stuff was super annoying. Most questions took the form of a paragraph that you had to sift through for relevant numbers. Only one had a nice table and it was right at the end when I had too little time to do it :( I think I did ok overall. Very surprised if I don't 'pass'.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭kravmaga

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Just on this, did they supply you with pen and paper for calculations or is everything online?

They supply the paper and pencil and calculator, you have to put your candidate number on the top of rough work paper used.

PC monitor and keyboard to answers the questions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 sumpector

So is that all the testing sessions over and done with now? Hopefully we get results early August, hate this waiting game.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭The Veteran

sumpector wrote: »
    So is that all the testing sessions over and done with now? Hopefully we get results early August, hate this waiting game.

This is moving very fast ... If you think this is "waiting around"; you need to calm down.

Piece in today's Irish Independent regarding this recruitment which references timeframes - if true; it will be fast when compared to most civil service competitions

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Heart Break Kid

sumpector wrote: »

Nope. Ive got test on thursday myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭italodisco

I'm in tomorrow, dreading it as I'm a maths disaster. Fingers crossed though

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

italodisco wrote: »
    I'm in tomorrow, dreading it as I'm a maths disaster. Fingers crossed though

Good luck, most aren't too bad but a few take up a bit of time getting your head around what is being asked.

How long on average did the test take?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭cw67irl

About 2 hours. Registration and ID check, intro talk and roughly one hour of assessments

Any word on which date in Aug the results will be sent out and (for those lucky) interview dates? I've a weeks hols to take in Aug and reluctant to leave the country just in case.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

py2006 wrote: »
    Any word on which date in Aug the results will be sent out and (for those lucky) interview dates? I've a weeks hols to take in Aug and reluctant to leave the country just in case.

I'd take the holidays mate, don't put your life in hold for these things.

TallGlass wrote: »
    I'd take the holidays mate, don't put your life in hold for these things.

Its a trap dont do it. Hes slowly knocking out candidates one by one...

So reliable enough rumours said there should be around 270 interviews (out of 1500 applications) and that in general they are desperate for staff as lot are currently doing loads of overtime. So hopefully with the next week there should be an update.

So 270 odd interviews for 70 odd positions?

:-(

Yep which in fairness makes a bit of sense considering how many they hired orginally. Id say there be a lot of candidate drops not really considering the implications of 12 hour shifts on family life nvm your own sanity.

It also makes it around 3.8 candidates per position.

Its a trap dont do it. Hes slowly knocking out candidates one by one...

Lol. Well I'm just back !

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Sprog 4

Just got the results there. They are taking the top 199 in for interviews apparently. No word on interview dates. They just said 'shortly'.

Just got mine too. Delighted I passed the numerical one!

Sprog 4 wrote: »
    Just got the results there. They are taking the top 199 in for interviews apparently. No word on interview dates. They just said 'shortly'.

Mind if i asked how you scored?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭gelsthe

So even though you reached the qualifying standard if you placed over 199 you won't get called? 😞

Sprog 4 wrote: »
    They are taking the top 199 in for interviews apparently.

You sure about that? That part kind of confused me

gelsthe wrote: »
    So even though you reached the qualifying standard if you placed over 199 you won't get called? 😞

This is what it says:
    We expect to invite those candidates who reached place 199 to Stage 2 which will comprise an interview shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 farlo365

I only placed 300. Presume thats me knocked out

I wonder how many from the 199 will decline? Im not far outside the limit :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Mr EPigeon

Got mine also. I finished 246. I remember from the original information that meeting the qualifying criteria was no guarantee of progression. Obviously I hope this is not going to be the case.

Jesus they really shouldn't open with, "We are pleased to inform you" only later to find you are outside the top 199

Passed but closer to 500s though. So... i need a fair few to crash and burn at interview stages.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Anniesland

farlo365 wrote: »
    I only placed 300. Presume thats me knocked out

Haha. I'm 301. ðŸ˜

• Advertisement

Same as DFB tests in that passing your placed into a band basically, just without them actully calling it a band this time. Still it's an honest score cause you couldnt cheat on the test. I placed and did better than expected at below 120 !

Advertisement