Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sadest scene in a film ever?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

From Bullet in the Head when the main guy meets his mate who got said bullet lodged in his head and has to put him out of his misery.

Very sad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 933 ✭✭✭mooman_00

Originally posted by p.pete
    Any of the scenes from Starship Troopers (I'm interpreting sad as pathetic here).

WHAT??????
    I thought starship troopers was brilliant a good mix of sci-fi and a pisstake of americianism/patriotism

Nothing pathetic about that film at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

The Lion King,when the young lads oul lad dies....very moving :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭flyz

Pay It Forward,
    Films just arent supposed to end like that :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭bringitdown

Dancer in the Dark : Selma Jezkova is hanged

Now this film you either love or hate there is rarely an in-betweenie anywho, the final few scenes had me in bits on the floor drowning in pools of my friends and my own tears.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Originally posted by ella minnow pea

or (cringe) the you had me at hello bit of jerry maguire...no i dont know why

Any coolness you had built up in life, died when you posted that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

The Elephant man, the end, when John merrick kills himself by lying down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭TeenStar

I remember watching Watership Down when i was a kid and when that rabbit snuffs it at the end by holding his breath boohoohoo :ninja:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭antwalsh

All about my mother by Pedro Almodóvar...can't remember any particular scene though that was especially sad. I just felt sad through most of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭Sundy

Saving Private Ryan. Some people dont like it but it is sad because its reality. Didnt make me cry but the end gave me a good lump in my throat. Anybody who has visited the cememtarys in normandy will know what i mean

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭The_Scary_Man

I can't believe that nobody's mentioned The Champ with Ricky Schroeder (sp?).

I bawled me ickle eyes out , I can't remember the scene exactly but I think the champ was leaving and said he couldn't take the kid with him.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Originally posted by Cactus Col
    The Elephant man, the end, when John merrick kills himself by lying down.

Ohhhhh yes, that was so sad. I cried at that too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭bandit

I'd have to go with the scene at the end of The Straight Story(I wont ruin it BUT you have no idea how it will end right up to the final scene)

The scene when the dad breaks the picket line in Billy Elliot and is confronted by his son is really sad too.

ET always gets me aswell, I went to see the rerelease by myself and got some very strange looks from all these kids around me as I treid to hide my tears.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Catsmokinpot

the green mile :( made me shed a tear at the end

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭galactus

That bit with Rachel playing the piano in Blade Runner

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Originally posted by bringitdown
    Dancer in the Dark : Selma Jezkova is hanged

Now this film you either love or hate there is rarely an in-betweenie anywho, the final few scenes had me in bits on the floor drowning in pools of my friends and my own tears.

Yep, that gets my vote to. It's a shocking and sad ending to a top film.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,974 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

Greedo shooting first :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭ella minnow pea

o the end of Boys Dont Cry as well....kinda disturbing but still... damn this is ruining alot films for people who aint seen em :rolleyes: oppsies

Originally posted by Theboinkmaster
    Greedo shooting first :(

Also anything to do with Ewoks or Jar-Jar Binks. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

Mufasa's death in the lion king was heartbreaking.. especially when your 5 or 6 or so

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

The end of Million Dollar Hotel, Tom-Tom's speech about life.

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Dar

Not really a film, but the last episode of the WW1 black adder, when they finally go over the wall. Brings a tear to my eye every time :(

Betty Blue when she pokes her eye out. Gotta hurt.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,153 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

I found the end of Léon quite sad.

I also agree with the Blackadder one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

Kurt Russell at the end of Vanillia Sky I felt sorry for poor ole Kurt.

I dunno if you'd call it sad, well I suppose it is Harvey, when Jimmy Stewart is telling the shrink and nurse about Harvey outside the back of the pub.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Med Junkie

The one that always always ALWAYS gets me in floods is One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest.....i mean come on, Jack is the ****ing man and the ending.......i've said too much.........:(

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Bicky

"Stand by me" The end is real sad.
    "Fandango" with Kevin costner. Seen it once when i was young and i remember getting a lump in my throat when the gang split up at the end. Not sure why though.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

Stand By Me - Quite a few bits.
    Shawshank - Scene at the end on the beach.
    Green Mile - When he 'rides the lightning'. - couldn't speak for about 30mins after the first time I watched it.

Spot the common thread there? Stephen King really knows how to pull those strings!

Platoon - Elias running for the chopper (the bit from the front cover, barbers adagio for strings adding poignency to the whole thing) I know it's already been mentioned, but it was damn good.

The one that got me really badly, was the bit at the end of Seven where you find out what's in the box. I'd just fallen well and truly in love for the first time when I saw it, and all I could think about was what would that be like to find out something like that. very upsetting. I still can't watch that bit of the movie to this day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭misswex

Armageddon - always cry when I watch that
    Gone With The Wind and Scarlett!! - you just have to cry at this movie!!
    Titanic - because of the reality of the whole thing and at the end of the movie when you see all the dead people in the water, its just shocking!!! Actually I even cry when I hear the music to the film!!

I've even cried at the animated movie 'Tarzan' - I know I'm sad :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Spiffing

Originally posted by Dar
    Not really a film, but the last episode of the WW1 black adder, when they finally go over the wall. Brings a tear to my eye every time :(

Advertisement