Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sadest scene in a film ever?

Options
  • 04-06-2003 11:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭

methinks the columbine security footage in B4C...and ok im gonna stop talking about that film now

or (cringe) the you had me at hello bit of jerry maguire...no i dont know why

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

I went to see This is my Father in the cinema.
    I remember the sharp intakes of breath, the odd sob and of course herself digging her nails into my hand when Aidan Quinn hanged himself.
    Ordinarily I laugh at such girly crap, but I was actually a bit stunned myself. The poor gobshite.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

I Cried constantly throughout "When Brendan Met Trudy"

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

Originally posted by Tusky
    I Cried constantly throughout "When Brendan Met Trudy"

LOL, me too!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

The death of Optimus Prime.

No but really, when Sean Connery gets killed in The Untouchables.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

don't say it,
    but i think it is meet joe black:ninja:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

Goose GOOSE!!

Was sad for sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

theres only one film I've ever (and consistently) shed a tear at and that is LA Vita E Bella (LIfe Is Beautiful).. right at the end, I won't ruiin it for those who haven't seen it.
    Hmm god knows how many times I've mentioned it on this board now.. goes off to search to find out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Originally posted by Kali
    theres only one film I've ever (and consistently) shed a tear at and that is LA Vita E Bella (LIfe Is Beautiful).. right at the end, I won't ruiin it for those who haven't seen it.
    Hmm god knows how many times I've mentioned it on this board now.. goes off to search to find out.
    Agreed.

Also the two girl in a red dress scenes in Schindlers List.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Tyrrial

Originally posted by Kali

i don't think that anyone that's seen the movie could dissagree on that one...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭patch

I cried through most of Batman And Robin....... :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭fisty

terminator 2 where they kill arnie
    waaaahh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭commuterised

moulin rouge made me weep a lot, and now everytime I listen to the soundtrack i get a bit weepy.

this is a tad embarrassing but I cried at Monsters INC...

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Carnate

ET

nuff said!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 933 ✭✭✭mooman_00

platoon gets me dry throated.....the scene where the helicopter is taking off and yer man is running along to try to catch it, barbers adagio for strings playing in the backround.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Precisely one hour, 12 minutes, and 37 seconds into "The Crying Game".

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Bambi - When Bambi's mom dies.
    The end sequence in Donnie Darko. 'Mad World' was so the perfect song to end the film on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭DaithiSurfer

Tomb Raider.
    When the final credits came and angelina hadn't got her bits out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 933 ✭✭✭mooman_00

Originally posted by DaithiSurfer
    Tomb Raider.
    When the final credits came and angelina hadn't got her bits out.

tomb raider - having realised i watched the whole fuking thing i cried and swore id never do the likes again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Sauron

Armageddon maybe..I'm a bit too soft once u get past my macho exterior:ninja:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭Panda

Originally posted by Bacchus
    Bambi - When Bambi's mom dies.
    The end sequence in Donnie Darko. 'Mad World' was so the perfect song to end the film on.

yep and yep.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

The Shawshank Redemption when Brooks has been released from prison and is writing a letter, *sniffle*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭lamda

I second (or third) La Vita E Bella and Donnie Darko.
    Also the Colour Purple, when Sofia goes home to see her kids briefly.
    Gone WIth the WInd... that film has me crying at so many scenes. Especially when Rhett leaves.
    And Edward Scissorhands.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

When the ugly duckling is made an outcast from the other ducks :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

The Iron Giant.

The whole film. I sobbed like a four year old. I haven't cried in years.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Carnate

And who said men dont get in touch with their Female side.

"What Women Want."

the Bathroom scene,

OMFG that Hurt!

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest, when the fate of Jack Nicholson's character is revealed...:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭oeNeo

I've only cried at two films in my life, and I was only 10 or so when I did, so no laughing.

Shakespeares Romeo & Juliet (the one with Leonardo, yes) when they kill themselves at the end. Aswell as that I cried somewhere during Little Women, not entirely sure where but I did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭Wolf

TBH i cry at everything even some ads. But for me the sadest moment is.......

When Mulan comes home and tells her father that she has the sword of the mongol war lord and the crest of the emperor and puts her head down and wait for her father to give out to her and her father say this. "The greatest houner is having you for a daughter"

Im getting tears in my eyes just thinking about now.

God im a sap :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭lamda

Originally posted by Lex_Diamonds
    One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest, when the fate of Jack Nicholson's character is revealed...:(

Yes!! I knew I forgot something. I only saw this recently for the first time and even though I knew what was gonna happen at the end (thank you The Simpsons) I was crying my eyes out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

Any of the scenes from Starship Troopers (I'm interpreting sad as pathetic here).

Advertisement