Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restaurant Guide

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭Kimia

Anyone been to the Arch Bistro in Churchtown? Heard it was amazing.

Also to put in my 2 cents, used to love Pacino's in Suffolk St until they raised the prices on their menu - was really annoyed over that!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Pot Noodle =

on a Saturday Night Many Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 kayleigh_101

hey guys im new to this but ive a quick question for ye..myself and my boyfriend are heading to new york in june for our holiday also works out that its my birthday the day after we arrive and i was thinking it wud be nice to do something nice for it.. so i started looking up gordon ramsays restraunt in new york and was thinking hmmmm that wud be such a treat to go there.. what do u's think.. or if ye know of a really nice restraunt in new york that would be worth going too when we are there. please let me know thanks in advance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 thefoodie

I am heading to Dublin on Friday. Anybody know of any good Sushi restaurants?

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭sunshinegirly

Hi, Does anyone know any good (and cheap!) places to where you can just watch the world go by in Cork?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 thefoodie

I think Nutmeg is very good in Cork. They have a website that you can check out

• Registered Users Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭Kimia

Kayleigh - check out Balthazar, Ruth Chris (for steak) and Blue Chilli (for asian fusino). Yum.

Good sushi in Dublin - loved Koishi in Ballsbridge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 colin8

Have to say...while it is not exactly fine dining The Eatery in Douglas Court Shopping Centre in Cork to me has all that you want.

You are not going there for a night out...but if you want either a good value breakfast or lunch then it is hard to beat.

We where there in Saturday...chicken curry chips and rice, with lasagne chips and a salad - tea and a medium drink under €20.00 for both meals and drinks.

Was able to sit down and watch the Man U match at the same time.

Place was clean and the staff even thanked us when we where leaving.

Good food...good price...good value

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭trishasaffron

Anyone here got a recommendation for a good restaurant near vicar street?

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Pot Noodle =

Ther are none

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭dixiefly

Last time we ate out before Vicar St we went to Sinners a Lebanese Restaurant on the street opposite Dub Castle, there are also some nice italians in that area.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Ciao Bella Roma on Parliment Street is (IMO) the best place in town for pizzas. And they import their own Mozzerella - and it's amazing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 mowgli-mcnob

Hi does anyone know if the Courtyard Restaurant in Smithfield Dublin 7 is still in business? Their website is down and their phones aren't ringing and I have a voucher for the place!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Any good recommendations for an early bird menu in city centre on a Saturday?

BaZmO* wrote: »

I really want to try Pichet, they've got a pre-theatre on Saturdays : http://www.pichet-restaurant.com/uploaded/files/1277212045_Menu_for_WEB_SITE.pdf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭Sergeant

olaola wrote: »
    I really want to try Pichet, they've got a pre-theatre on Saturdays : http://www.pichet-restaurant.com/uploaded/files/1277212045_Menu_for_WEB_SITE.pdf

The food is delicious, I recommend you try the crispy egg on black pudding. But the portions are tiny. Still, the early bird menu is tremendous value.

One Pico also do a wonderful pre-theatre. Superior to Pichet.

Sergeant wrote: »
    The food is delicious, I recommend you try the crispy egg on black pudding. But the portions are tiny. Still, the early bird menu is tremendous value.
    How much is it? It's shown on their website.

Also, would you need to pre-book for an an early bird sitting?

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭happyeveryday

Hi bazmo, do a quick search for Dublin on www.thatsagreatoffer.com and you should be able to find somewhere that meets your needs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Kimia wrote: »
    Anyone been to the Arch Bistro in Churchtown? Heard it was amazing.

I searched this thread on Saturday last, looking for restaurant recommendations nearby, so I booked the Arch Bisto, having seen it mentioned here and having checked their website/menus etc...

The bistro is very nice and ambient, the staff, bar the guy who showed us to our table were all very nice. He didn't even say 'hello' or 'follow me'. Not a great first impression.

The food was really tasty and reasonably priced. I was very impressed by the kids menu, all the meals were €3 and €4 which are ususally €7 upwards everywhere else.

I would definitely go back. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Sergeant wrote: »
    Risotto followed by daube of beef, Yum.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37 frankied1

Sandi wrote: »
    I love Luigi Malones in Temple Bar (sorry, coming back to Dublin again!) The chicken fajitas are tops and the house wine is lovely.
    I agree with Polarbelly about the veggie restaurant in Bray. I'm not a veggie and I've only been there once but it's a lovely cozy place and the food is lovely.

Every one seems to rave about Luigi Malones in Dublin. I have never been very impressed by the one in Limerick. Maybe it comes down to the management. We went in there recently with work and half of the food was cold or dry. Out of a group of 10 not one of us enjoyed our meal. I also found the way they advertise "3 courses" for EURO25 misleading, who counts coffee as a course? although this seems to be happening in a lot of local venues:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,827 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

frankied1 wrote: »
    Every one seems to rave about Luigi Malones in Dublin. I have never been very impressed by the one in Limerick. Maybe it comes down to the management. We went in there recently with work and half of the food was cold or dry. Out of a group of 10 not one of us enjoyed our meal. I also found the way they advertise "3 courses" for EURO25 misleading, who counts coffee as a course? although this seems to be happening in a lot of local venues:

Not been in the Dublin one but LM's in Cork and Limerick are both sh1te!
    Counting coffee or tea as a course is just plain wrong.
    It is not a course!
    But it is becoming more and more common to do so!:mad:

Technically Tea or Coffee is regarded as a course, but in the context of a 3 course meal it's very misleading. It's Starter, Mains, Dessert, and to suggest any else is totally misleading.

I was thought by a qualified teaching chef that technically, tea or coffee is not a course.
    Neither is an aperitif, wine, port, water etc.

If it is, technically, a course then it is not misleading to count it as one.
    But it's not.

I was thought by a qualified teaching chef that technically, tea or coffee is not a course.
    Neither is an aperitif, wine, port, water etc.

If it is, technically, a course then it is not misleading to count it as one.
    But it's not.
    An aperitif, wine, port, water etc., are accompaniments to courses so of course they're not counted. Tea and Coffee are counted.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Full_course_dinner

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭antoniosicily

An aperitif, wine, port, water etc., are accompaniments to courses so of course they're not counted. Tea and Coffee are counted.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Full_course_dinner

This is the first time I hear that tea/coffee can count as a course; and the "x courses menu" in all Dublin restaurants I have ever seen does not factor in tea or coffee as a single course.

This is the first time I hear that tea/coffee can count as a course; and the "x courses menu" in all Dublin restaurants I have ever seen does not factor in tea or coffee as a single course.
    If it's a 3 course meal tea/coffee is not counted as it's fairly standard that the 3 courses mean Starter/Mains/Dessert. It's when you get into the larger drawn out meals that the tea/coffee is counted as a course.

Luigi Malones are obviously trying to pull a fast one and apply the convention of the larger meal course setup and apply it to the standard 3 course set up.

According to this, coffee is served with cheese and crackers and is not a course in itself.
    Let's continue in the vein of "it is", "no, it isn't" !!:D

Had dinner in Seven in Stoneybatter on Saturday night. We went for the early bird, which was amazingly great value. It included two decent steaks that did not attract any supplements.
    There was a group of us, and we were all served together, and the food was hot. Service was good - even though there was a fella in a casual jumper and jeans, which seemed a little odd. My main course of chicken breast with pancetta was deee-lish. VERY yummy, I literally had to lick the plate. My only compliant was - the room was VERY warm. And the only way to remedy that was open the very big door to let some air in. Which made it freezing. So we were alternating roasting and frozen every few mins. House wine was very drinkable and quite reasonable. All in all, a great local spot, and we'll defo be back. It came out at €32 a head incl wine, coffees and service (only two people got three courses).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 yoursister

can anyone recommend a good sushi restaurant in Dublin??
    in the city centre preferably??

dying to try sushi and dont want to go somewhere crappy that will put me off it for life!!

Advertisement