Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restaurant Guide

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Milanos is what it is- e.g. Pizza Express. It's a pizza chain upmarket from the likes of Pizza Hut. Good for large groups and the pizza is not exactly awful. Best I have had from a large chain. Why you would expect chips with lasagne I do not know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

Am looking for a restaurant that opens on Saturday afternoons in the Dublin 12 area that people would recommend.....

• Registered Users Posts: 6 ri_ra

Nona Valentina in Portobello - it might not be strictly Dublin 12, but it's in the vicinity. They do great food and are open all Sat afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Seonad

In Dublin: Shanahans, Trocadero, La Mere Zou, Rolys Bistro, Rasam(Best Indian), Pasta Fresca, The Cedar Tree, La Mere Zou, Tiger Becs, Yamamori, Gourmet Burger

For something sweet: Queen of Tarts(Best brownies) or Chocolate Soup on Henry St.

Best simple lunch: Panem*(Amazing stuffed foccacias and chocolate brioche pudding:D)

In Limerick: The Wild Geese

In Wicklow: The Hungry Monk, Avoca, Pizzas and Cream

• Closed Accounts Posts: 570 ✭✭✭KERPAL

Jo Burger Rathmines

Superb

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 281 ✭✭123

was out near blessington lakes in wicklow today, ate over at Ventuno.
    Pretty good place, reasonable prices and their pizza was actually better compared to some restaurants in dublin.
    Very nice desserts too :D

Would recommend to anyone passing by or living in blessington

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

KERPAL wrote: »
    Jo Burger Rathmines

Superb

I'll have to second this, it's bleedin deadly. BoBo's is no match.
    In fact, I haven't been back to BoBo's since I got two long black hairs in my burger. But ignoring the hair, the standard had slipped a good bit. Even the chips weren't as good - and the Wellington burger had disappeared off the menu.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭gucci

olaola wrote: »
    I'll have to second this, it's bleedin deadly. BoBo's is no match.
    Cant wait to check out Jo Burger, im starving just thinking about it but wont get to go for another few weeks because im not in dublin anymore!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Rhodes D7

Rhodes was better than I hoped (in some aspects). The food was faultless. It’s typical Gary Rhodes food, which is honest, English type food, but if you’re doing simple food like that it needs to be really good (I had potted crab for starter, slow roast pork belly for main, and chocolate fondant for dessert).
    The bill for 6 people was just a little over €300, which included 3 courses, a bottle of wine, a couple of glasses of dessert wine and a few beers. I was expecting a lot higher. So that was nice. The only thing we didn’t like was the table location, it was upstairs in a bit of a corner, and it was very very warm up there. That was the only negative. I’ll probably go back, but I’ll request a downstairs table.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 banshcat

Can anyone recommend the best restaurants in Dublin city that are open on Sunday evenings for dinner please? A lot of them seem to be closed Sundays.
    Thanks!

• Advertisement

Brownes and Shanahans on Stephen's Green and Roly's in Ballsbridge are all good restaurants open Sunday nights. www.menupages.ie is a good site that lists menus, reviews and opening hours for a lot of restaurants in Dublin (and elsewhere.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 banshcat

Thanks a million. Has anyone been to Peploes?

banshcat wrote: »
    Thanks a million. Has anyone been to Peploes?
    Yes, it is excellent, highly recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭gucci

KERPAL wrote: »
    Jo Burger Rathmines

Superb

Finally got to go here last Friday night, 6 of us went and it got both thumbs up from everyone. Absolutely super food, cool layout and styling, and a bustling atmosphere. Started of a great night for us all :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭MJOR

Ambassador on Cook st Chinese is amazing
    Wongs in Clontarf!

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭Drummerboy2

Indie Spice in Swords was wonderful. Was there at the weekend and enjoyed both the ambience and the quality of the food. Staff are extremelly helpful and friendly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭MJOR

Castellis in town is good for Italian

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭BroomBurner

Akash in Blackrock - best Indian restaurant/takeaway by a country mile

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭marti101

I went to the Gotham Cafe on Saturday have to say the food was lovely very reasonably priced.I would in future book i think we just got in before a big crowd.Looked after the kids very well

• Registered Users Posts: 43 fatb0y

My top three at the moment:
    1) Mentioned a number of times on this forum (mostly by me!), Rasam in Glasthule (beside Dun Laoghaire) is a modern variation of Indian food, kind of like what I'd imagine Atol Kochhar's food might be like.. Great price, lovely setting, fantastic grub.. You'll be upset that you're full and can't fit it any more..

I have already posted this, and that too in response to your post krusty_klown, but just can't reccomend this place enough:

There is absolutely no match for Rasam... If you are looking for a balti/vindaloo, chips and beer, you might want to give this place a miss but if you are looking for an authentic Indian restaurant that takes real pride in their food, knows how to set the menu, and all in all defines the difference between an Indian restaurant and a 'curry house' this is the only place to go.

I have tried many Indian restaurants not only in Dublin but all across Ireland and if there is one place I could recommend, it would be this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

If you're into Indian you have to try either Kinara or Kajjal (run by same people). One in Clontarf, one in Malahide (which I think is nicer!)
    They do Indian / Pakistani food and it is so good. Proper authentic food and their naan is to die for.
    Mmmmmmm.

They are also pretty popular cos I tried to book Kajjal for my birthday and they were booked out weekends a few weeks in advance!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭peewee18988

Hey guys

I'm looking to take my girlfriend somewhere really nice on Friday night. Low lighting, good food and wine, etc. Preferably somewhere quaint with not too many tables. Been to a lot of disappointing restaurants this summer so would really appreciate a solid tip. We like Italian, French; basically anything except Indian or Chinese.

Cheers

La Peniche (the barge on the canal) is certainly romantic, great setting, food is decent and not too expensive. Quite tight though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

blorg wrote: »
    La Peniche (the barge on the canal) is certainly romantic, great setting, food is decent and not too expensive. Quite tight though.

Its sister restaurant Le Mere Zou is on the Green. Also quite romantic!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 ri_ra

Nona Valentina is very nice. Linen table clothes and excellent food. I must drop some hints to himself and hopefully get taken out ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭kenco

Ate there last night with the good lady and we were both very impressed. Super service, excellent food and a great location. Well worth checking out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭marti101

sugarman wrote: »
    Anyone know of any decent "all you can eat buffets" round Dublin?

More or less into all types of food so any Chinese, Indian, Mexican, Itallian etc its all good..

Just really looking for somewere for a bunch of hungry lads to meet up and clear out the place if its good enough lol.. Pref not too pricey

Heard good work of a chinese of some sort on Abbey st. Anyone knoe the place im talking about?

Cheers.
    How about Pizza Hut up by Stephens Green t

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭catho_monster

Paulto Tuilio in the papers at weekend was going on about how great the Epicurious centre on middle abbey street is, for all you can eat-ethnic type stuff, sounds like just what you need...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 wanneabecritic

i have read reports about zest and have to agree with all bad reviews i have eaten there twice . first time was bad ordered two items off lunch menu had niether .{it wasonly one o clock . second time because i said it was not possible to be same it was worse would not send a enemy ....grevelle over priced . annebrook worst in town . mizzoni is good . cellar under newbury now closed . fat cats very good . but the best and most reliable has to be the roadhouse always great food and service and they have recently brought back previous haed chef so its even better now :):)hope it helps you out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭pele10

I am taking my girlfriend to Shanahans at the end of the month. How much is three courses with a bottle of wine likely to set me back. Need to know do I need to take out a loan:D:D

Advertisement