Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Esat Launch NetSmart

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Rags

Well I thought it was up and running but just checked http://register.iol.ie/netsmart and it says "WARNING: You are not yet set up on this service and are being charged for this connection to the internet by your phone provider"

I thought you could only dial in 1332103001236 if your account was set up??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭Dun

Anyone can dial it, but in theory it will only let you connect if you are registered - it recognises your phone number.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Rags

Ah thats what I was hoping. Still worried bout that message when I go to http://register.iol.ie/netsmart . Will someone set up on netsmart check what message they get when they go there?
    ie do you get the warning being charged per minute message.

Talked to tech support in esat and they assured me once I dialed in on that number I wont be charged, but my trust level isnt too high when it comes to telcos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭Smiley

I got set up on Netsmart no botheratall. Sent in the application form, got a letter back telling me my account had been activated. So then I rang the freephone number to ask for the dialup number and they told me username,password etc. Set it up manually on DUN and voila.

I find it is slower actually connecting but I'll see what it's like when i get the ISDN modem working.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭Dun

Originally posted by Rags
    Ah thats what I was hoping. Still worried bout that message when I go to http://register.iol.ie/netsmart . Will someone set up on netsmart check what message they get when they go there?
    ie do you get the warning being charged per minute message.

Talked to tech support in esat and they assured me once I dialed in on that number I wont be charged, but my trust level isnt too high when it comes to telcos.

I get the "you're set up, click here to check your dun number" message. You're going through Esat when you dial that number, not Eircom, so if they say you're set up, you must be.

Anyone get charged yet for their first month? I can't believe how much time I spend online. I'm no longer wondering why I got cut off SNL :D (they're still pl0nkers though) - 13 days til the new month starts and I only have 18 hours left! Wouldn't have realised if I hadn't installed a timer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

is netsmart acting up for anyone else recently ...it only downloads a couple of hundred bytes on connection the refuses to d/l anymore
    do esat restrict access after your quota ...?
    incidentally, i'm now on oceanfree, which i see has some association w/ esatbt, so is there actually any lo-call number for net access that isn't supplied by gumby eircon or gumby esatbt ????? :confused: :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

parasite read
    here

and u could use utv if u wanted to get away from eircom and esat

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭timod

Originally posted by parasite
    is netsmart acting up for anyone else recently ...

Seems to messed up tonight. Traceroutes go nowhere. Tried dialling a few times, but no joy. Dialling up with indigo at the moment.

Up to tonight though, I've had no problems. Been quite good in fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

i'm comforted i'm not the only one
    let's share our pain
    group counselling ?
    "...every day in every way i'm getting better ..."
    or something ... ummm ...yeah ...it's late
    well utv of course, but i don't wanna change voice handling, so there isn't any other internet number except two companies, pretty tragic :( :mad:

likelihood of esat refund ?
    hahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭zynaps

Esat's had big problems over the weekend.. can connect to sites beyond hades.esatclear.ie since I got home today, but it won't establish a connection beyond 31kb or so.
    Up until yesterday afternoon I was getting ~50k... I'm on nolimits, but it seems we all share the same network.. logically enough :)

Leave it to them to have a major problem over the weekend.
    I was surprised to see they have technical support on though, last time I had a problem with them on a weekend (last time I had a problem with them), I got a message saying tech support was 9-6 or so, mon-fri.

Which is kinda infuriating considering both nolimits and netsmart are of course meant to be used from 6pm till 8am and on weekends.

Saps.

zynaps

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭theciscokid

i dunno who bt are gonna attract with those services, maybe the bog standard inernet user that doesn't know any better..

but it is better than eircon's , you have to give them that

utv still rule the day bar none

dsl or cable next,

whoever get here first at the right price will make the bucks

Advertisement