Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Esat Launch NetSmart

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭ando

Originally posted by ChessHacker
    there are two companies to negotiate with in the event of a fault

yeah, it is a nightmare

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

up and running now. all's well so far

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭Dun

How did you get connected? Was it through the file on their site? It sets up okay in my computer but doesn't connect :(

And then it tells me to check my number by going to the IOL Gold helpsite :mad:

The number it actually sets up is: 1332103001236

Finally got connected. Seems to be going fine :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16 jcoshea

I tried to check the status of my NetSmart account which I registered for two weeks ago, and still no cd, only to be told that

You don't appear to be dialled in to IOL Internet Service

even though I'm dialled up using IOL Free (w@nk€rs...should still be SNL)....Anyone else had this problem or been waiting that long for the cd or connection details??

• Advertisement

yeah finally got it working there tonight, but there's no confirmation webpage.. like what SNL had..'you are now connected to the IOLNL.. u can now surf nolimits' etc....

Originally posted by jcoshea
    I tried to check the status of my NetSmart account which I registered for two weeks ago, and still no cd, only to be told that

You don't appear to be dialled in to IOL Internet Service

even though I'm dialled up using IOL Free...

You aren't dialled in with CLI switched off, by any chance?

Have you tried setting up a manual connection and connecting (with the details above)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

connected and working fine :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭David C

Been trying to dial into my No Limits account since 6pm..
    Keep getting "Check password and try again"
    Rang Esat and they said their Authentication server had gone on its monthly crash...
    Presume Netsmart is also affected. I'm dialed into Indigo 1891 for the moment..

using netsmart here no problem at all, although i logged on pretty late

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭ChessHacker

I'm connected also. First time, no trouble.

I'm only able to do so because the number (1332103001236) was posted here earlier.

The NetSmart check at http://register.iol.ie/netsmart/ says my account is cancelled!

Tech support told me it was all set up.

Humans 1 - 0 Web check software

I pity the people who have to rely on the NetSmart CD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭sax0000

Originally posted by dun_do_bheal
    You aren't dialled in with CLI switched off, by any chance?

Why should this matter? Eircom ignore your CLI preferences when dealing with ISPs that are also telcos. Be sure that they are sending your full CLI irrespective of your default or per call settings to that ISP.

Not only that. Call a number in some rogue state. Withhold your CLI. Eircom will still pass it on, only with a flag in the C7 call set-up to give a wink wind nudge nudge to the other side to pretend to the called subscriber that they don't know who the calling party is.

Data Protection Act? A con trick on the Irish public.

Sax0000

Not the same as SNL - having to watch the clock :( Ah well, still a million times better than pay-per-minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

due to inhouse politics, i may have to go for this as opposed to utvip, so can ye give me an idea what the pings and download speeds are like and if there is an auto disconnect?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Originally posted by ChessHacker
    I'm connected also. First time, no trouble.

I'm only able to do so because the number (1332103001236) was posted here earlier.

That doesn't mean your account is set up, AFAIK, until you get an email from the ISP, you may be being charged by the minute for your internet calls.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

i got a letter confirming my status as a netsmart customer, but they don't give you a username or a password, is there a file i can d/l with the installation script :confused: help !!

Originally posted by Scruff
    due to inhouse politics, i may have to go for this as opposed to utvip, so can ye give me an idea what the pings and download speeds are like and if there is an auto disconnect?

The download speeds are good enough, though that may change as the load gets heavier. I can't tell you bout the pings cause I'm not a gamer. There is a disconnect at the changeover from peak to off-peak and vice-versa. Other than that, I've been connected at least once for almost seven hours with everything okay and no disconnects.

Originally posted by eth0_
    That doesn't mean your account is set up, AFAIK, until you get an email from the ISP, you may be being charged by the minute for your internet calls.

AFAIK, you won't be able to connect until your account is set up. This was certainly the case with SNL. They can't charge for the call otherwise, as you mightn't even have an account with them, and it is not part of your (presuming you are with them) Eircom bill.

Originally posted by parasite
    i got a letter confirming my status as a netsmart customer, but they don't give you a username or a password, is there a file i can d/l with the installation script :confused: help !!

Voilà..

http://register.esatclear.ie/exes/netsmart.exe

If you want to set up manually, the username and password (both are the same)is netsmart and the number to dial is:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

if anyone is using netsmart on isdn can they tell me what pings are like

• Advertisement

Originally posted by dun_do_bheal
    Voilà..

http://register.esatclear.ie/exes/netsmart.exe

If you want to set up manually, the username and password (both are the same)is netsmart and the number to dial is:

spanks !
    sure tis fair whizzing along now boy ! :cool: ;):D

p.s. : does anyone know when they consider the month starts, is it purely based on the calender or on your line rental bills :confused:

spanks !
    sure tis fair whizzing along now boy ! :cool: ;):D

p.s. : does anyone know when they consider the month starts, is it purely based on the calender or on your line rental bills :confused:

I wouldn't say so. It'll depend on when they entered your registration details. As far as I remember with No Limits they billed once a week, so you will be billed every first week of the month, or second, third, etc.

They don't handle line rental - that's 100% eircom's domain, even if you use Esat as your telephone supplier.

Originally posted by tuxx
    if anyone is using netsmart on isdn can they tell me what pings are like

specifically to 'clarity.jolt.co.uk' plz

• Registered Users Posts: 8,141 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Well after nearly 1 month of cockups and other annoyances as one has to expect when dealing with esat im finally on the netsmart system. I have to say the browsing speeds and general downloading speeds are fine as good as my old service. The gaming pings arent quite as good as the iolFree service but its only about 10-20 ms max in the difference. Im getting in ISDN soon and joining the Irish Broadband Experience © :rolleyes: I'll let ye know the pings as soon as its installed.

hrrmmm interesting, i just got the 'netsmart' cd ..and the script on that installs the iol free number as the netsmart number
    :confused:
    are you all positive the number is 1332103001236 ?

*edit*

are you all positive the number is 1332103001236 ?

it's the number my modem is dialing and it works so yes, that is the number

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,033 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

On the subject of net smart I am up and running over a week now and I was on to Tech support wondering if there was anyway which I could monitor the amount of hours that I have used in the month and my remaining hours left in the month, I was told that there was no way of doing this.
    So what I am looking for is some sort of clock which clocks the time which I spend on line where I can monitor it myself.

Any suggestions would be really helpful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Rags

I can see how ye guys had so much trouble setting up netsmart, had to set it up for my dad and it kept telling me password not valid grr. Customer support was no help either...... ie no replys. Well lucky enough it just started working today :rolleyes:.

BTW Parasite if your not dialing 1332103001236 your gonna be charged per min!

Advertisement