Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Signature Rules (Rev. 26-Feb-09)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭Vader

ok the twin towers are gone and not comming back, but can my sig pic reflect my political veiws?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Originally posted by Vader
    ok the twin towers are gone and not comming back, but can my sig pic reflect my political veiws?

No but your posts can reflect your inability to read and comprehend simple english.

Originally posted by ecksor
    Anyway, that's not why I wiped it. Note the size restriction for images.

Originally posted by sykeirl
    No but your posts can reflect your inability to read and comprehend simple english.
    oh your a funny one arent you, and smart too---- you criticize my ability to read english yet didnt see I was addressing ecksor seeing as he is the one who deleted my sig.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

I'm not going to answer that question unless you can show us a serious political movement which uses a deathstar killing americans to support its aims.

And it was within the size restriction by the way.

It was 300x205.

I meant my pic of the twin towers is gone and not comming back and I edited that end peice out of my post before you replied, how did you read it? I edited it at 19:54, you replied at 19:58:confused:
    Can I have a diff pic that expresses my political veiws, even if its anti american, so long as its authentic? Say an american soldier shotting a child/woman, Nalpalm being used, Hospitals being bombed, flag burning.
    I would have preferred to use the death star because I thought it was funny and it went with my avitar. Was size the only reason it was removed?

• Advertisement

I meant my pic of the twin towers is gone and not comming back and I edited that end peice out of my post before you replied, how did you read it? I edited it at 19:54, you replied at 19:58?

I started replying before you edited it.
    Can I have a diff pic that expresses my political veiws, even if its anti american, so long as its authentic? Say an american soldier shotting a child/woman, Nalpalm being used, Hospitals being bombed, flag burning.

*sigh*

Hence my condition above. Is that really reflecting a political view? What view?

I'd take any image on a case by case basis and any arguments that people presented against it.
    I would have preferred to use the death star because I thought it was funny and it went with my avitar. Was size the only reason it was removed?

I already answered this.

am I starting to get on your nerves? Do you think it might of been better if Iyou didnt tell me there was somewhere I could complain?:p

am I starting to get on your nerves?

If that happens then you'll find out.
    Do you think it might of been better if Iyou didnt tell me there was somewhere I could complain?:p

I don't recall inviting you to complain.

when my sig dissappeared there was a little caption telling me to go here

Yes, so you could find out what rules you'd broken!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭angelofdeath

can someone tell me how to hyperlink my signature image?

and any rules that go with that if there are any

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

I think it's just like hyperlinking text and I presume it's allowed.

[URL=http://link you want image linked to/]http: image source[/URL]
    or the other way arund

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Originally posted by Gordon
    I think it's just like hyperlinking text and I presume it's allowed.

[URL=http://link you want image linked to/]http: image source[/URL]
    or the other way arund

afaik u must also put the tags in 2. so it would be  [URL=http://link you want image linked to/][IMG]http: image source[/IMG][/URL]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭angelofdeath

ok thats great cheers mate

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭ReefBreak

My sig was nuked yesterday. I've now resized it so that it remains within the agreed rules.
    For images in signatures: 1 image up to 300 pixels wide, 125 pixels tall and 20k in size. No animated images are allowed.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭R33F

I thought being a newb that I would read through and get some gud info & tips on sigs from other newbies.

I have just read through all seven pages of threads.

I dun want a sig now. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Puck

Wise choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

ar we allowed animated sigs below 20kb in size?
    i have one and its only 9kb, is that allowed or not anymore?

That particular one wasn't too offensive, but the main problem with your sig was that it was higher than my house.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Why must there be a limit on signatures if they are hosted on another site just wondering

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,349 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Because if they are visually large, the message is lost. If the file is large, it can take a lot of time for people of restricted bandwidth.

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭carbonkid

how come animated images arent allowed?
    i had a wee lil small one of aeon flux not hurtin anyone *sniff sniff*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭Gleanndún

cloud--u said in the guideline sumthing about 8 line with a smaller font? how do u use a smaller font? mines 6 likes i think, or so, and i dont think it bothers ne1 else, but it sure bug the crap outta me! pls help?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

(SIZE=1) like this, but with [ instead of ) (/SIZE)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by carbonkid
    how come animated images arent allowed?
    i had a wee lil small one of aeon flux not hurtin anyone *sniff sniff*
    Because they can be really annoying?

And I suspect that rather then legislate on a case by case basis and waste a lot of time on something unnecessary it's easier just to ban the damned things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭Gleanndún

thanx rabies!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭carbonkid

Originally posted by sceptre
    Because they can be really annoying?

And I suspect that rather then legislate on a case by case basis and waste a lot of time on something unnecessary it's easier just to ban the damned things.

cant argue with that logic,thanx ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭shinzon

Hmm just as matter of interest and ill say no more about it, how did my sig violate any boards rules please can someone enlighten me

Shin

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

From the first page (sigrules):
    For images in signatures: 1 image up to 300 pixels wide, 125 pixels tall and 20k in size. No animated images are allowed.

It was 1) animated and 2) 87k in size. And really annoying :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭The Brigadier

Anyone know why the picture in my sig has stopped displaying?

It is within size regulations and was displaying fine....however it now won't display....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement