Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pub Guide

Options

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,279 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Will be in Kilkenny soon, anyone know any decent craft beer pubs there other than Brewery Corner, which I'm already familiar with. Cheers.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,783 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Nowhere with Brewery Corner's selection but you might find something worth drinking in Billy Byrne's and Paris Texas.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Was reading on another thread in D15 forum that The Vineyard pub in Blanchardstown was bought by The cock and bull chain ?

Anyone if true or not?
    Are they in with The Porterhouse group ?

ciaran76 wrote: »
    Are they in with The Porterhouse group ?
    They're not. They did run Porterhouse North as a tenant for a few years but they're not connected to the company itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,939 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Any recommendations for Clifden?

Life ain't always empty.

• Advertisement

Any recommendations for Clifden?
    Bridewell is the local brewery. This is their list of stockists.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Johnny Drama_11

Anywhere to get micro brews in Gorey? Surely some Yellowbelly to be found...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

Any pub recommendations in kinsale ? interested in craft beer decent gin and good pub food.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,771 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

The folk house.
    Not sure about food but it ticks the other boxes well.

BeerNut wrote: »
    Bridewell is the local brewery. This is their list of stockists.

Yep the blonde is on draught almost everywhere I've been here so far, not bad at all, their red isn't anywhere to be seen but I don't like red ales anyway. I'm loving Independent's pale ale and golden ale. 6.50 a bottle in the hotel bar though, which I thought was bad enough but the wife's glass of wine was €7!

GBB products are conspicuous by their absence except in Supervalu.

Life ain't always empty.

• Advertisement

GBB products are conspicuous by their absence except in Supervalu.
    Outside their own pubs they're distributed by a Dundalk-based company so you're less likely to see them in the west.

Bit ironic that.

I have seen a couple of places with a Galway Hooker tap (I always get confused and forget they're not GBB!)

Life ain't always empty.

Bit ironic that.
    Since they own their distribution company and don't use it to flog Galway Bay products, it's downright weird. But stranger things happen in beer.

Griffin's in Clifden does a decent selection of GBB/Independent/Hooker and some Kinnegar at a more reasonable 5.95. Good grub too and a beer garden.

Edited to add: Mannion's great for grub (the baked potatoes make an excellent lunch) and has Hooker and Bridewell on draught, a draught craft cider from NI I can't remember which, Independent ales on bottle and Stonewell cider on bottle. No GBB. their website says they have Of Foam And Fury but I didn't see it.

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭DelmarODonnell

Any pub recommendations in kinsale ? interested in craft beer decent gin and good pub food.

Was in the Greyhound in Kinsale in February and they had a nice few craft options on tap plus a very good selection of bottles. Beautiful traditional aul fella pub aswell.

Had a decent selection of gin iirc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

So I have recently moved up to Dublin and would really appreciate some good craft beer bar suggestions in dublin city. I'm living in the south side but anywhere in Dublin would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭offalyred

awhir wrote: »
    So I have recently moved up to Dublin and would really appreciate some good craft beer bar suggestions in dublin city. I'm living in the south side but anywhere in Dublin would be great.

Where you living? Brickyard Gastropub on the Balally Luas Stop IN Dundrum is my favourite. 120 beers, 20 on tap. Taps are heavily rotational and generally are one of the first bars on the south side for new and exciting beers some of which you can't get on draught in many other places. Check it out!

UnderDog and 57 the Headline are probably the two best. Then there's the brewpubs, JW Sweetman and Urban Brewing, though neither is really about the beer; the Galway Bay brewery chain; the Porterhouses; Bar Rua; P. Mac's, Blackbird and Cassidy's; and if all else fails, O'Neill's of Suffolk Street will probably have something you can drink.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Slim Charles

Anyone in Dublin know of city central-ish pubs that sell draft Stella or Kronenbourg...long shot I know...

Anyone in Dublin know of city central-ish pubs that sell draft Stella or Kronenbourg...long shot I know...
    The Living Room has Stella. Places with a big C&C presence would, so The Church is probably a good bet. Haven't seen Kronenbourg around Dublin in ages. Peter's Pub used to do it but that was years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 378 ✭✭Redneck Culchie

Beamish Dublin city centre?

O'Neill's of Suffolk Street.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 378 ✭✭Redneck Culchie

O'Neill's of Suffolk Street.
    Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭DelmarODonnell

Thank you.

The Long Hall

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Anyone been into Rascals new place yet? Just wondering if the Pizza is any good as I know the beers will be decent.

I thought the pizza was good.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,279 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Enjoyed the pizza more than the beer tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

I thought the pizza was good.
    Zaph wrote: »
    Enjoyed the pizza more than the beer tbh.

Went on Saturday evening - enjoyed the pizzas and the vibe. Happy Daze ways lovely and the DIPA and the Coffee Stout were decent. My wife really liked the Wit Woo, not as gone on the White Hag Modern Pils. Guy behind the bar was sound, explained the Teku glass for the DIPA.
    Very handy bus journey for us.
    Just a couple of issues, when we arrived (not having booked) we were told we could have table for 80 minutes - then we waited 10 minutes for a waiter to come over - one of the wait staff was a little clueless too.
    Would definitely go again though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Do they have a selection of beers available to take away, or is it not licensed to do so?

• Advertisement

Hurrache wrote: »
    Do they have a selection of beers available to take away, or is it not licensed to do so?
    It's not licensed to do so. Their beers are easily found in decent off licences, though.

Advertisement