Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is CTYI? *new*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Aw, the game had to end before I stole SIlky's coat of protection +0, sexiness +69

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Such a coat would put a handicap on your WIS, Piste.

We all know that sexiness should always be coupled with protection.

Well I have my Chastity Belt of protection +90

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

I do not have the correct clearance to disclose any further information on the topic.

and who does? or have you killed them with magic and chainsaws?

No, that was me after I gained a load of exp. in exchange for some mana I gave to a desperate wizard (Do I get extra nerd points for bringing WoW into this?). I then fought a troll and kicked its ass thereby gaining for exp. which I then used to defeat various foes and steal their chainsaws, and then I defeated the people who have the correct clearance to disclose any further information on the topic.

P|-|34r m3|-| 1337 5|<i11z!

• Advertisement

Ooh, chastity belt and sexiness cloak combine to increase level of Desperation in other players, thus reducing their defense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭LordCran

Now this weirdness is exactly what CTYI is. Not just weirdness, but twisted weirdness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

Magpie

Does this really mean:

I like to offend people?

Why yes, yes it does.

Read the thread. See the way its title is "What is CTYI"? Yeah, that means it tells you what CTYI is. If you read it. Which you should do now.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

On that note, back on topic and stay on it. Play CTYI D&D in a thread of its own please.

• Advertisement

I'm not going to post here because I have nothing worth saying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭jono087

magpie wrote:
    I'm not going to post here because I have nothing worth saying.
    why bother posting that so........ this isn't monologue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Magpie wrote:
    Last edited by halenger : Today at 16:56.

One can only assume that there was something else there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

Yeah, there was, but I forget what it said. Something uninteresting.

Oh, oops. I posted here again by mistake. I've asked the mod to ban me though so I wont be back. Toodles.

Well, that was good of you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭TalkISCheap

I always knew he had it in 'im.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Thatkid

Well this sounds cool. So you do an IQ test in febuary is it? And the summer programme is for 12,13,14,15 and 16 year olds?:confused:

Not quite an IQ test, the SAT. Tis an american college entrance exam. And it's 13,14,15,16. You only get 5 years in unusual circumstances, like having your birthday during the session.

Apart from that you're spot on =)

Right, well I'm 14 now and will be 15 in Febuary, so could I take the SAT then? Or do you have to start the whole programme when your 13?

Damn, I wish I'd found out about this earlier, it sounds so goddamn cool...:)

• Advertisement

Nope, you can start anytime you like. And when you have to leave, you'll be wishing you;d found out sooner even more!

Oh Yes!!:D That sounds great and the courses on the programme look very interesting especially psychology. Is their a pass mark for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

There's a pass mark for entry to the program, depending on your age, and you get marked in sciences and humanities separately, so if you fail one, only the courses in the other are open to you, but it's not *incredibly* challenging to get in. You should be okay, and Psychology is an impossible course to get I'm afraid.* Plenty of others are really worth doing though, you'll have a great time anyway.

*Yes, I know people get it, but it's the most in-demand course they offer, competition is huge.

Not sure about that, think they used to put the limits in the literature they send out. Maybe get in touch and ask them to put you on the mailing list, and you should get sorted.

And you'll have a hard time getting into psychology, it's pretty much the most popular course they offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Twinkle-star15

I got into psychology. Twas trés good, and apparently the year I did it was the worst. Meep. I liked it.

(^_^)~Shaz

Well, they made two psychology classes last year, so chances are better, probably.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

This is interesting so what would be the average IQ of a CTYI'er??

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Dunno, doesn't really matter, there are all sorts. It's academic ability that gets you in, not IQ, and it's a different midset again to enjoy the place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

So basically academic ability is the ability to regurgitate information.

• Advertisement

Well, what gets you in is your SAT scores... It's not exactly regurgitation because you can't study for them really. It's.. something else. Been a long time since I did them, but logic and stuff. Kind of aptitude test style.

Advertisement