Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your car here, part 3 (Quote A Photo, GET A 24 HOUR BAN!!!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭japasca

Plug wrote: »
    Lovely car draffodx, much nicer in the blue than the chav orange. Did ya ever get the old window heater problem solved?
    @japasca, also a smashing car, brilliant build quality. But I would have went for a different colour:o

I would have preferred Dolphin Grey myself plug, but she was so clean i didnt want to be fussy. What colour would you choose?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

japasca wrote: »
    I would have preferred Dolphin Grey myself plug, but she was so clean i didnt want to be fussy. What colour would you choose?
    Dolphin grey as well!

A friend of mine has a red one, it looks dire in red but I didn't tell him that obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭el diablo

Don't mind Plug.:p it looks just fine. :)

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

Fantastic looking TT, has all the important bits too - so many people skimp on things like the Extended Aluminium, and it's hard to believe a car like this doesn't come with an MFSW as standard. That one looks just right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭conneem-TT

2.0tfsi, DSG, Leather heated seats, Climate control, 28,000 miles on the clock.

Looks great, nice few extra's on it too :)
    Plug wrote: »
    Dolphin grey as well!

The now retired Dolphin Grey is lovely alright :D

CIMG2360_fhdr-1-1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Beautiful paintwork. Reminds me of my old Audi. It's blue but its look different in this photo: Less flakes of course

PICT0543.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭japasca

@ Plug: I would have loved to get this one, however the seller seems to think its worth 7,000 more than the one i purchased :rolleyes:
    http://www.carzone.ie/search/Audi/TT/201117202158632/advert?channel=CARS

@ RoverJames: Ya it looks poor enough in red alright! Did he buy from new

@ Chris: Thanks, i'm loving it!! :D

@ Conneem: Grey was my number one choice alright. Decided against the modified 2008 TT for sale in galway due to the higher than average miles. What colour is yours?

@ Berty: Was your A4 monza silver bert?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

Amazing car Japasca, would love to own one of those in the future, when I'm not a poor 17 year old student :pac:

@ Plug: I would have loved to get this one, however the seller seems to think its worth 7,000 more than the one i purchased :rolleyes:
    http://www.carzone.ie/search/Audi/TT/201117202158632/advert?channel=CARS

Really misses the aluminium pack and it has standard wheels too. Those Turbines that you have were 1,400 euro to spec new ;)
    @ Conneem: Grey was my number one choice alright. Decided against the modified 2008 TT for sale in galway due to the higher than average miles. What colour is yours?

Dolphin Grey, that's a picture of my paint above :D

07.jpg?t=1305408625

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Amazing car Japasca, would love to own one of those in the future, when I'm not a poor 17 year old student :pac:

is your username from Band of Brothers by any chance?

conneem-TT wrote: »
    Really misses the aluminium pack and it has standard wheels too. Those Turbines that you have were 1,400 euro to spec new ;)

Missing extended leather too - a silly oversight. The door grab handles and handbrake are really plastic-y without it :(.

Something about the leather in that car doesn't look right either - not just the sagging in the front, but on the back seats too...

-Chris- wrote: »
    Missing extended leather too - a silly oversight. The door grab handles and handbrake are really plastic-y without it :(.

Something about the leather in that car doesn't look right either - not just the sagging in the front, but on the back seats too...

Yeah, I would spec the extended leather before leather for the seats, the standard half leather half alcantara seat look pretty decent.

I think it is just the lighting on the back seats:confused:

Maybe. You can't use the back seats, so they should be mint. Any sagging or ripples would make my antennae perk up.

It could definitely be a trick of the light though.

Maybe. You can't use the back seats . .

I beg to differ :D

Don't ask about the cowboy hat, we still don't know where it came from :D
    practical1.jpg

ScreenHunter_01Oct191606.gif

OK, you can't use the rear seats with any dignity :P:D

I'm 5'7", and if I set the front seat so I was comfortable, I'd barely fit in the rear seat (sitting behind myself). It's possible, but I wouldn't want to spend any extended time there...

OK, you can't use the rear seats with any dignity :P:D

I'm 5'7", and if I set the front seat so I was comfortable, I'd barely fit in the rear seat (sitting behind myself). It's possible, but I wouldn't want to spend any extended time there...

Yeah for any comfort you need to be less than 5'4" in the back. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,662 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Spent a good 4 hours today on the interior of the 7, she's looking sharp if I do say so myself. Its exactly 11 years old this month.
    I need to get a decent camera, but these pics aren't too bad.

htds001.jpg

htds011.jpg

htds003.jpg

htds004.jpg

htds005.jpg

htds006.jpg

htds007.jpg

htds008.jpg

htds009.jpg

htds010.jpg

htds002.jpg

htds012.jpg

htds013.jpg

htds014.jpg

htds015.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

21 mpg :O

That kinda puts me off one? Is that purely town driving???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Thats like a brand new motor inside. It absolutley class I love it..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Always loved the way BMW just lashed the leather in there - none of this "stretch it till its almost like hard plastic" crap :)

21 mpg :O

That kinda puts me off one? Is that purely town driving???

Pretty much 90% town driving. She does 39mpg at 100kph all day long. Pity i'm never on the motorway. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

It's a very nice colour in the Mazda 6. Photos don't do it justice. Only available in the facelift model.

Is it the Exec model?

Sport model. Spoiler and sunroof.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,762 ✭✭✭Sheeps

Pretty much 90% town driving. She does 39mpg at 100kph all day long. Pity i'm never on the motorway. :pac:

Have you actually filled it up from empty and calculated it based on the mileage or are you just using the on board computer because by all accounts the BMW fuel economy readings are usually rather optimistic.

Sheeps wrote: »
    Have you actually filled it up from empty and calculated it based on the mileage or are you just using the on board computer because by all accounts the BMW fuel economy readings are usually rather optimistic.

"In the end, the pessimist may always be right, but the optimist has the better journey"

Don't ruin the 7 series for the rest of us :P

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Well wear Deutschlandfurimmer! And Limerick Man, I still want a call when you're done with that. It makes my pants go funny.

Will post a photo of my new yoke at the end of this week. Busy fitting a new boot to it. Not a boot lid, a whole new boot design. Don't ask. One of my more crazy ideas :D

Well wear Deutschlandfurimmer! And Limerick Man, I still want a call when you're done with that. It makes my pants go funny.

Will post a photo of my new yoke at the end of this week. Busy fitting a new boot to it. Not a boot lid, a whole new boot design. Don't ask. One of my more crazy ideas :D

You can have it by all means, just find me a nice Saab 95 estate diesel or Mg ZT diesel estate to replace it with :P

Sheeps wrote: »

In all my tests the OBC is 1.2mpg on the optimistic side. I averaged 39.8mpg according to the obc recently from Dublin to Dundalk so its pretty accurate.

Increase the speed to 120kph+ and it gets about 34mpg.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Topper Harley

I have to say I love the Audi TTs ... they've given me something to aspire to. In the meantime though, my simple Mazda 6 is keeping me more than happy.

IMG_4171.jpg

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement