Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your car here, part 3 (Quote A Photo, GET A 24 HOUR BAN!!!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Now you're making me look bad.:(

How????

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Top Dog

RX8 is gone, here's my new baby :D

More pictures when I get the chance!
    Mazda 6 MPS? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Topper Harley

How????

Post #2472

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭scoobymunster

RX8 is gone, here's my new baby :D

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/3940/mpsw.jpg

More pictures when I get the chance!

I gotta ask, whats the deal with the paintjob of that polo(?) in the background, a gold red combo?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,699 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

I gotta ask, whats the deal with the paintjob of that polo(?) in the background, a gold red combo?:confused:

That'd be what you call the Sun! :P

• Advertisement

Now you're making me look bad.:(

Ah I see now! We all have to get there in steps ;) Very nice looking 6 though, I don't think I've seen that front lip on them before??
    Top Dog wrote: »
    Mazda 6 MPS? :confused:

Yup!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

260bhp AWD?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭no1beemerfan

ADO wrote: »
    spend the last 2 hours giving her a clean...and the minute i put everything away it starts to rain :(

Gorgeous car. Love this generation A4 estate. And love the colour of yours. What year is it? Looks in very good nick. When money allows its definately the second from top of my list (after an E28 M5!)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Yup!
    Very nice! :cool:

Hope you've many happy miles kilometers in her :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Topper Harley

Ah I see now! We all have to get there in steps ;) Very nice looking 6 though, I don't think I've seen that front lip on them before??

It's the same front lip as on all the basic Mazda 6 bumpers. I couldn't afford the aero bumper, not that I'm complaining about what I have.

• Advertisement

260bhp AWD?

Yeah, I'm trying to get some info on remapping it. I know another user here got his 3MPS remapped to over 300bhp and it's the same engine so it can be done.
    It's the same front lip as on all the basic Mazda 6 bumpers. I couldn't afford the aero bumper, not that I'm complaining about what I have.

Oh right, Mazda aero parts are unreal expensive. Even front mudguards for the RX8 were over €200 each from a dealer. I got them on ebay for €150 for a set of 2. You may find something to your liking on there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,730 ✭✭✭E39MSport

The pub/sc/whatever mobile

starlet.jpg

Now ye're talkin ;)

800 lids, taxed and tested, 1 owner, 80k - battered as f*ck, drives like a Toyota should do. I love these motors.

edit: 14" wheels off the last Corolla on there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,412 ✭✭✭andyseadog

call me nosy but did this very car drive past me in Arklow the other day? the 14"s from the e10 corolla suit it in a skip kind of way.

quality choice of car, them 4EFE's just wont give up!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,730 ✭✭✭E39MSport

andyseadog wrote: »
    call me nosy but did this very car drive past me in Arklow the other day? the 14"s from the e10 corolla suit it in a skip kind of way.

quality choice of car, them 4EFE's just wont give up!

Not that particular one. I had it in bits around the house like I tend to do with most purchases these days. It was filthy beyond belief.

Agreed - the engine is fantastic in it's own way. Lovely gearbox too and even handles pretty well. They'll be on the roads in this part of the world for many years to come I reckon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Picked this up at the weekend, after the trusty fiesta gave up the ghost finally (clutch went)

no-image-large.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Move to the dark side I see;)

EPM wrote: »
    Move to the dark side I see;)
    As in TDI or diesel in general?

Either way, it was just a case of buying any car ASAP, needed transport from today onwards.

Kind of a panic buy tbh, but i've always liked the aul golfs, up to the MK IV anyway :D.

Dropping her in to get the timing belt replaced on wednesday. No verifiable indication that its been done previously.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

you need to get centre caps for the alloys too. nice car though,.

shblob wrote: »
    you need to get centre caps for the alloys too. nice car though,.
    I actually prefer it without the centre caps! I have them but think it looks less "usual" this way.

Looks an nice one, I'd be inclined to put the center caps on though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,805 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

That's a real good colour on them, well wear

Some goodies in for my own :)

IMG_0137.jpg
    IMG_0136.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Max Power1 wrote: »

Both:D

Looks clean though, well wear. Which output is it?

EPM wrote: »
    Both:D

Looks clean though, well wear. Which output is it?
    Shes the 109 bhp. I was considering getting it chipped, but im going to wait till the warranty is up first (3 months).

I probably wont do the annual mileage for a diesel, but, as its not the "modern" diesels with DPFs (afaik) its shouldnt matter that much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Shes the 109 bhp. I was considering getting it chipped, but im going to wait till the warranty is up first (3 months).

I probably wont do the annual mileage for a diesel, but, as its not the "modern" diesels with DPFs (afaik) its shouldnt matter that much.

Well wear Max. Your user name can really shine now with a TDI...:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

Picked this up at the weekend, after the trusty fiesta gave up the ghost finally (clutch went)

Either way, it was just a case of buying any car ASAP, needed transport from today onwards.

Kind of a panic buy tbh, but i've always liked the aul golfs, up to the MK IV anyway :D.

Dropping her in to get the timing belt replaced on wednesday. No verifiable indication that its been done previously.

Was it somehow cheaper to buy a golf and spend money having its timing belt done etc then to just have the clutch replaced in the fiesta if it was so reliable?

Was it somehow cheaper to buy a golf and spend money having its timing belt done etc then to just have the clutch replaced in the fiesta if it was so reliable?
    The timing belt will be done as part of sale, so no cost to me.

I wanted rid of the fiesta as i was bored of it. It needed a few other minor jobs doing aswell. Plus the cost of the clutch change would be more than the fiesta was worth. NCT/tax up in a couple of months aswell and she wouldnt have passed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭PARKHEAD67

Yup!
    Thats a nice machine you got.;)

As promised, here's a few more snaps. This is after a total of 8 hours claying, paint cleaning, polishing and waxing:

photo1ix.jpg

photo2jt.jpg

photo3zij.jpg

photo4vni.jpg

@ SCOOBYMUNSTER - I was very hurt by your comment regarding the gold paint on the polo. I have resprayed it back to red. I hope you approve:

photo5uv.jpg
    :p

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

After 8 hours of detailing you should get a decent camera to show the shine off :p

Lovely car and great choice (the Mazda that is not the Polo :D)

• Advertisement

draffodx wrote: »
    After 8 hours of detailing you should get a decent camera to show the shine off :p

Lovely car and great choice (the Mazda that is not the Polo :D)

I was shaking from the 3 cans of red bull I had so that's why the pics are a bit blurry! Either that or blame Apple!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement