Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your car here, part 3 (Quote A Photo, GET A 24 HOUR BAN!!!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭C.D.

166man wrote: »
    V6?? :o

:P

Aye, 3.7L V6. The noise is orgasmic. Don't ask about the MPG figures...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭Neilw

WIZE wrote: »
    How much did u pay for it if you dont mind me asking

€7500, needs some work to make it perfect though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

C.D.,

I mean this in the nicest possible way.

But fcuk you!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

God dammit I hate you boys in USA. Getting lovely cars like this for feck all :(.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭yllw.ldbttr

C.D. wrote: »
    to a brand new, fully loaded 2013 Mustang.

I hate you.

Take her up Highway 1 along the Pac coast and enjoy the **** out of it. Have done that drive in a similar car and it was the best few days of my life. Enjoy, life doesn't get much better.

• Advertisement

She's nothing much to look at, but she's clean, and for most people, that'll do... fresh waxing helps...

20120916_183414_zps87439903.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 866 ✭✭✭renofan

qz wrote: »
    C.D.,

I mean this in the nicest possible way.

But fcuk you!

I feel the same! So jealous. No way in hell would a 25 year old be able to get one of them in Ireland. Fair fcuks to ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,289 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Savage cleaning job Sacramento

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

lovely straight looking e11 corolla, any more pictures? set of toyota wheel trims would make it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

lovely straight looking e11 corolla, any more pictures? set of toyota wheel trims would make it :)

Aye it looks sh1t with black wheels.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,289 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Maybe he was cleaning it for the NCT, also cleaning the steelies properly with hubcaps on can be kinda hard :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

It just needs a blue cop light now :pac:.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,846 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

That Corrolla looks show room fresh. I actually like the black steelies. Adds a touch of originality to it, and really shows up how clean it actually is

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

C.D, out of curiousity why do your colleagues think you're mad? I thought that would be like buying a Passat over here

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

Taken on the Joe O Reilly Charity Run:

img1556large2.jpg

Quazzie wrote: »
    That Corrolla looks show room fresh. I actually like the black steelies. Adds a touch of originality to it, and really shows up how clean it actually is

That's why I keep them that way, I like keeping the original look. It was just before the NCT aswell.

It's not the type of car I'd consider needs to have alloys, she cleans up well!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Sacramento wrote: »
    That's why I keep them that way, I like keeping the original look. It was just before the NCT aswell.

It's not the type of car I'd consider needs to have alloys, she cleans up well!

Man, it looks fantastic. Really really great!

Lets face it, those corollas were never built to be lookers, it was a functional daily driver. It looks great with well sorted steelies.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Just thought I'd chime in on C.D's new sweet, sweet car.

Fúck you. I'm insanely jealous.

Where I'm living €26,000 wouldn't even see you get a Mk6 golf ffs :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

treating myself to a brand new, fully loaded 2013 Mustang.

3.7L V6, 305 bhp, 0-60 miles in 5.9 seconds, RWD.

:eek:

*Quickly packs bags for America.* :cool:

Seriously though lovely car man, Fair play to you! :)

C.D, out of curiousity why do your colleagues think you're mad? I thought that would be like buying a Passat over here

There are a few reasons:

1. Probably the biggest is that I paid cash. American consumer culture is very "buy now, pay later" and any purchase over a few hundred dollars is on credit. Most people lease or take out a loan for a new car- when I tried to explain to some of my friends that the TCO (total cost of ownership) would be lower buying as opposed to leasing (whatever about your cash flow and capital requirements) as you would not be paying for the leasing company's overhead and profit.. people argued with me that what I was doing would work out more expensive over 3 years. Even when I bought my phone ($500) in cash vs. on subsidised contract everyone told me I was throwing money away.

2. Depreciation: same argument as back home. Except you'd lost 12-15% on a new Mustang in the first years, which is pennies to our 20-30%.

3. European cars are seen as the most desirable. The expectation being that a true "petrolhead" would buy an Audi/VW/BMW or at worst a Lexus/Nissan (370z for example). Naturally when I explain that we simply can't get American muscle cars and "when in Rome" people are more understanding.

On a sidenote, the performance car culture here is amazing. Even stock cars are very high spec- the lowest speck 3 series here is the 328i. Loads of M3's, GTIs around the place. Makes for nice eye candy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

CD, I think the base models of European cars have to be very good in order to properly compete with the indigenous motor industry.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

You're an inspiration to us all CD!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Appreciate the answer C.d.

Good answer cd. My sister is living in the us with years but comes home every year. I collected her the last time and on the way home she asked me was I happy with the passat and I said yeah is grand. She then asked me the engine size and when I replied 2 litre her jaw dropped in disgust... She couldnt understand why I didnt buy the 3.6....:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

-Corkie- wrote: »
    She couldnt understand why I didnt buy the 3.6....:pac:

You didn't buy the 3.6 because it didn't come with the options you wanted wasn't it? :D

You didn't buy the 3.6 because it didn't come with the options you wanted wasn't it? :D

Thats right I had all the extras ordered on it but he said I could not have the tractor engine....:pac:

qz wrote: »
    You're an inspiration to us all CD!

Ha, not often you hear that! There were 4 reasons I came to the US, in no order:

1. Better job

2. To live somewhere where the government doesn't crucify anyone wanting to own something more powerful than a Micra.

3. To own and drive fast, powerful and iconic cars.. daily.

4. To find a nice girl. Was having trouble with that one back home. Met a nice girl, but still having trouble. I shouldn't be surprised!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

I tried to explain to some of my friends that the TCO (total cost of ownership) would be lower buying as opposed to leasing (whatever about your cash flow and capital requirements) as you would not be paying for the leasing company's overhead and profit.. people argued with me that what I was doing would work out more expensive over 3 years.

Most people over here don't even get that, so I wouldn't worry too much. I came to the conclusion a few years ago, it would (for various reasons) be better just to buy the stuff cash and be done with it. You're better off on TCO, but also for a lot of other reasons.
    On a sidenote, the performance car culture here is amazing. Even stock cars are very high spec- the lowest speck 3 series here is the 328i. Loads of M3's, GTIs around the place. Makes for nice eye candy!

The americans due have a complete attitude to cars for one, but also european cars are placed as premium cars, so the low end stuff isn't brought in.

Lived over there myself for a while. Drove mostly american cars for the same reasons as yourself.

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

America, fcuk yeah :cool:.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Lovely looking 'Stang C.D. and fine list of options but why, oh why didn't you go for the V8?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement