Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your car here, part 3 (Quote A Photo, GET A 24 HOUR BAN!!!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭allen175

I got my insurance renewed on my 98 1.4 almera at the start of the month, €850 with britton and im 23 with 2 years no claims on a full licence, it was €950 the year before when i was on my provisional.

the engine is bullet proof, just change the oil regularly to keep the chain happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭superstoner90

CianRyan wrote: »
    More, better pictures.
    It's had some interior cleaning but it's not done yet, haven't even started on the outside yet.

Sorry for being so pic heavy, I got a bit excited.
    I'm going to JDM the **** out of this.

Vans fit in the wheel arch? :eek:
    Dude you gotta lower her until you find it hard to slide in a flip flop. :p:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

I'd expect 7-800, my last quote on mine was ~850 @20, I've a decent NCB though.

Also mine had just shy of 190k on it when it was sold, so you can be damn sure the engine is reliable.

Another thing I just remembered - don't trust the fuel gauge in terms of red light bingo. Mine used to go at least 1cm under the empty line before it was actually in empty territory :D

That'd be an absolute dream quote. Dead happy with all this!
    Haha, it's riding the red line at the minute so that's handy to know! :)
    allen175 wrote: »
    I got my insurance renewed on my 98 1.4 almera at the start of the month, €850 with britton and im 23 with 2 years no claims on a full licence, it was €950 the year before when i was on my provisional.

the engine is bullet proof, just change the oil regularly to keep the chain happy.

I'm finding it pretty mad that these cars get such cheap quotes, especially as I was seeing €2k+ for Cuores.

I'll be doing the oil/plugs/filters in the next week or two, the oil filter looks like a bit of a pain to get at though. :/
    Vans fit in the wheel arch? :eek:
    Dude you gotta lower her until you find it hard to slide in a flip flop. :p:pac:

YES! I didn't think anyone over here would get this!
    It must be dropped.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭allen175

I'm finding it pretty mad that these cars get such cheap quotes, especially as I was seeing €2k+ for Cuores.

I'll be doing the oil/plugs/filters in the next week or two, the oil filter looks like a bit of a pain to get at though. :/

Its not actually bad at all, i have changed it a few times myself without the use of a filter tool, so there is plenty of room to get your arm in a give it a good twist.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭fanadman1

got a few new photos of the leon thought id slap them up :L

edit have alot more but could not get them uploaded

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Frankly my dear

Another shot of the 3000GT this time beside the Corvette. Don't mind the yankees sign, that belongs to the wife and has since mysteriously vanished!

ztFIS.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Moar of the Corvette :D

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Frankly my dear

Moar of the Corvette :D

2008 Corvette convertible 6.2L V-8

3YiXE.jpg?1

Q7Y1L.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

The am...

B...

Am...

Hmm...

Yes.

That is nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Fiona wrote: »
    Yes funny story about that night, we pulled up in front of that house and we were taking pics, the owner went out and wanted to know who was in charge of course me the only girl there all the lads said me!!

I've a few pics of the T/A in that spot - must drag them out! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭phoenix_nights2

V6 3L
    2012-04-19_10-40-57_855.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

i dont want to kill artistic spark in you, but that picture is shiet bud. i can barely see a car in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

i dont want to kill artistic spark in you, but that picture is shiet bud. i can barely see a car in it.

I love how well you have integrated with Irish culture! :);):p

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    I love how well you have integrated with Irish culture! :);):p

i wanted to put "ya" instead of "you" too, but i thought it will be a wee bit of overkill :D

'Bud' ..this is 'post a picture of your car thread' not 'i am lonely i need to be heard thread'.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

'Bud' ..this is 'post a picture of your car thread' not 'i am lonely i need to be heard thread'.

Yeah it is a post a picture of your car thread, but you also need to be able to see the car too! Don't take it so personally it's just hard to make out the car is all...:)

I did not wanted to offend, sorry, but of you want to show your car, then give a picture of the car, not a stain in black background.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭high horse

It's also not the "Guess the car thread"

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Being a bit harsh lads, you could have just asked for a picture with out the filter.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Being a bit harsh lads, you could have just asked for a picture with out the filter.

Thats true too, but that photo made me think someone spiked my coffee with acid or something. There's no detail in most of the pic...

• Advertisement

I did not wanted to offend, sorry, but of you want to show your car, then give a picture of the car, not a stain in black background.
    Thats true too, but that photo made me think someone spiked my coffee with acid or something. There's no detail in most of the pic...

Again. This is post a picture of your car ( of their choice in whatever artistic endeavours they wish to try ) and not 'I need to be heard' thread.

Again. This is post a picture of your car ( of their choice in whatever artistic endeavours they wish to try ) and not 'I need to be heard' thread.

Ok, we get it.

Now, can we all leave the 80's and get back on topic?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

Still not sure what it actually is!! Money's on a peugoet 605 or an Alfa 164

OSI wrote: »
    Pretty sure it's a Peugeot 405/605

605, bonnet and boot are too long.

my money is on 605.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Tragedy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

Finally got some quick images taken after the paint detail at CleanCar and the carbon CSL boot lid fitted ...

7118938401_52ac3c5da6_z.jpg

7118938463_4fa505c755_z.jpg

6972860130_bf2f19bb8a_z.jpg

6972860260_b46ebece0f_z.jpg

7118938991_72d7bd74ac_z.jpg

6972859796_6b121e0cfa_z.jpg

7118938791_8d9d6c741d_z.jpg

7118939879_254c0063ed_z.jpg

7118939303_8546b84b2e_z.jpg

6972860730_4fa97cc070_z.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Chriscl1

Awesome pics.