Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying Clothes and Accessories on-line: recommendations

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Where's good for vintage clothes and accessories? Something similar to Etsy.com where you're not charged heaps for the clothes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 mary1950

Anyone know a better website for Mac make up???

quote=simu;3398517]My personal favourites:

Strawberrynet - Good for make-up although it was a bit slow delivering.

Tightsplease - Good for unusual tights.

La Redoute - French mail order company. They have some nice, cheap stuff. The original French site is here and personally, I think the lay out is far better and the prices are also in euro. The only thing is that you must understand French to use it!

Thinkgeek - Handy for geeky t-shirts although I find the postage is quite pricey.

Palmercash - I've ordered some cool t-shirts from here in my time!

Lush online - Handy if you find the smell in the stores too over-powering. They were a bit slow delivering too, though.

Hmm. That's all that I can think of for now![/quote]

• Registered Users Posts: 53,865 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

any good online retailers for men clothes ?

ireland or uk one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Bridgey87

Ebay is always a good one to start with,great bargains to be had there in all manner of things.
    www.ebay.ie
    www.ebay.co.uk
    www.ebay.com

Etsy is fabulous for handmade things,unique jewellery/clothes/household items,you name it they probably have it. Its similar to Ebay only theres no auctions,you buy stuff straight away. Its an american site so all prices are in dollars but some stuff works out cheaper than buying in Ireland or the UK. Prices in Dollars and people take Paypal.
    www.etsy.com

Asos is brilliant for buying clothes shoes and jewellery.They do a lot of up-to-the-minute trendy stuff and celebrity looks (anyone with daughters take note) but they also have normal everyday stuff.Its a good way of getting high street clothes at a lower price and you don't have to leave the house! Prices are in Sterling and they take both credit and debit card.
    www.asos.com

Goddiva is similar to Asos, again lots of celebrity style and fashionable stuff,great range of evening, party and day dresses. Prices in Sterling and they take credit and debit cards.
    www.goddiva.co.uk

Lipsy again similar to the above two sites,very good for party-wear. Prices in Sterling and they take credit and debit cards.
    www.lipsy.co.uk

Amazon is great for stuff,again lots of different stuff to had here,including clothes and jewellery.They often have great sales on DVD's as well. They take credit and debit cards.
    www.amazon.co.uk
    www.amazon.com

Those are place I regularly shop at and never have any problems. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭9wetfckx43j5rg

• Advertisement

any online sale for G-star stuff ?

Does River Island deliver to Ireland? I'm guessing no.. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

They don't. Pity, because the shoes were really cheap in the online sale.

Larianne wrote: »
    Does River Island deliver to Ireland? I'm guessing no.. :confused:

Sorry I never realised they didn't deliver to Ireland! I hadn't ordered off them yet see.

peanut66 wrote: »
    www.asos.com is brilliant for clothes, shoes, bags, make up, accessorries etc. Reasonable prices, very quick delivery. I have no complaints and love their stuff. They have their own brand clothes and stock hundreds of brand names including designer.

Asos has massive sales on at the moment too. Check it out.
    Bridgey87 wrote: »
    Asos is brilliant for buying clothes shoes and jewellery.They do a lot of up-to-the-minute trendy stuff and celebrity looks (anyone with daughters take note) but they also have normal everyday stuff.Its a good way of getting high street clothes at a lower price and you don't have to leave the house! Prices are in Sterling and they take both credit and debit card.

www.asos.com

Asos actually have a option near the top of the page to change the currancy into euro!

• Advertisement

i signed up to amazon today

most of the sellers dont post to ireland?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 325 ✭✭Dirk_Diggler

I'm looking for an online retailer that will deliver to Ireland. The clothes I'm looking for are round neck plain tshirts, good quality (willing to pay whatever). I can never find these in shops in Dublin as there's always some logo on them even if it is faint. I've found Remus tops before with no logo so I'm hoping to have some luck online.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I'm looking for an online retailer that will deliver to Ireland. The clothes I'm looking for are round neck plain tshirts, good quality (willing to pay whatever). I can never find these in shops in Dublin as there's always some logo on them even if it is faint. I've found Remus tops before with no logo so I'm hoping to have some luck online.

http://store.americanapparel.eu/men-get-toasty.html ?

Can anyone tell me is there much saving by buying from HQHair.com??

Well I've just discovered it's cheaper to buy Murad skincare at HQHair rather than the Murad.ie Crazy!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

This site was recommended in the Irish Examiner at the weekend.

http://www.moonsparkonline.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Apart from ebay, any recs for buying OPI nail polish online?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 enchantedpixie

Hi - are the sies on these websites like an irish size 12?? Great websites!!

lol ... i haven't logged on to here in ages ... ha ha ... anyway if you are still interested www.susiekim.kr -- some of the items in their site go up to XXL which is roughly a UK 12 (in tops). they're bottoms a bit small. the 1X and 2X on www.sophistix.net fit UK 12 and the bottoms in 12 or 14 fit UK 12. hope that helps!

p.s. the other two sites (www.asiajam.com and www.zipia.net) only carry size M (UK 6 - 8) ... or they did a few months ago I haven't really logged on lately to shop at their stores!

GREAT THREAD :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭Allah Hu Akbar

Anyone got any good cheap deals onine for designer jeans?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Cupcakes

Pythia wrote: »
    Apart from ebay, any recs for buying OPI nail polish online?
    http://www.lookfantastic.com
    http://www.hqhair.com

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭AsianDub

If you're looking for retro/indie/mod/60s/70s clothing

http://atomretro.com/

They deliver to Ireland and are quick. They have a 10% discount coupon (BLOGON2009) if you spend over £20 valid until the end of February, there is an option on the site to change the currency into euros.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭whatsupdoc?

Looking for websites that sell American Eagle/Hollister or that type of designer lables for kids.
    Delivery to Ireland doesn't matter as have sister coming over next month from America so going to get the stuff delivered to her to bring over :D
    If I order online and pay with my credit card, will i have problems getting the stuff delivered to an address in America even though the home address of the card is in Ireland?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭G-Virus

anyone any picts on mens new fashon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 luckystars

When you are asked for an Irish Postal code you need to put in EIRE as this is Irelands generic postal code online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Fus27

If anyone uses Dermalogica products the following link is great. They are based in Northern Ireland but with the good currency rate at the moment they work out much cheaper than buying in salons here.

www.care4yourskin.com

I have been buying off them for the last year or so and they are very efficient. Products arrive in about 2/3 days.

I found these three shops online, not sure if they all deliever to Ireland or not.

www.wetseal.com

www.charlotterusse.com

www.forever21.com

All prices in dollars

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭*Dallas

I found these three shops online, not sure if they all deliever to Ireland or not.

www.wetseal.com

www.charlotterusse.com

www.forever21.com

All prices in dollars

charlotterusse dont ship to ireland! :(

Aw that's disappointing...

I also found this one...

www.yesstyle.com
    (In dollars)

And a hint ot everyone who likes Asos clothes. A lot of people sell asos clothes on ebay. I'm talking around 600 new listings a day...Lots of bargins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

eddie28 wrote: »
    Heres a site for t-shirts,hoodies etc only a few designs at the mo but more coming online they deliver to Ireland and also take laser and the designs are done by an irish lad.]

Looks like you're advertising your own website there.

Advertisement