Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying Clothes and Accessories on-line: recommendations

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Bmurph99

I saw people asking questions about buying dresses on-line and i just had to pass on this website. I found heard of it through my sister who was going to buy a dress for a friends wedding in a boutique for €500 or €600 but she found the dress on-line for $180 + delivery and customs (that only added €50/€60 to the price). So she got the dress on www.shoptherunway.com and saved about €200 - €250 its unbelieveable and it took less than a week to deliver.
    They have those Rubber Ducky designer dresses which are pretty cool and what is even cooler they are 50% cheaper.
    Really cool happy shopping!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Hockey Chick

Another good french one that is cheapish is www.etam.com
    and my personal favourite is www.littlewoodsireland.ie for really everything!! Happy shopping:D

• Registered Users Posts: 36 CornBlitz

Not sure if this website was posted...

www.mandmdirect.com

a really good website if your shopping for clothes and shoes.. and other accessories..

They have great deals all throught the year..

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Any Suggestions on where to get a 3-piece Suit online?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭idunnoutellme

ordered some things on littlewoodsireland - first time.
    is there anyone here who's shopped with them before who can tell me should I wait for a statement from them to pay or just pay through billpay...i'm bit afraid i'll get hit by their interest rate and i emailed their support but noone replied...customer service eh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

ordered some things on littlewoodsireland - first time.
    is there anyone here who's shopped with them before who can tell me should I wait for a statement from them to pay or just pay through billpay...i'm bit afraid i'll get hit by their interest rate and i emailed their support but noone replied...customer service eh

I think you have to wait til they send out the statement. It tells you how long you have to pay it. It's awhile since I ordered off them though.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 silverhillgirl

Sorchie wrote: »
    Yeah abercrombie.com is real good!My other favourites are eyecandyboutique.com and rue21.com
    The first website i couldnt get in to and the second website only delivers to USA and Canada = pity because their stuff is really cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 silverhillgirl

i don't know how popular asian fashion is in Ireland, but these stores carry some of the most unique clothing items i've seen around:

www.zipia.net (korean urban style clothing)
    www.susiekim.kr (like zipia, but cheaper!)
    www.sophistix.net (singapore store, cute vests & dresses)
    www.asiajam.com (malaysian store, a bit retro-style)

i've ordered from susiekim and sophistix directly and they are both great (in terms of service and quality)! the other two my friends have tried but i've yet to give them a try myself !
    Hi - are the sies on these websites like an irish size 12?? Great websites!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

Can anyone recommend a good online shop for buying chunky knit jumpers for stylish women at reasonable prices?

A tall order maybe:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 43 sunnyholly

Just thought Id share the website with you...... i saw it in image magazine.... its called www.mycousininamerica.com
    They organise delivery to ireland for you from US websites if they dont deliver to ireland

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

that site seems pretty Interesting.

Has anyone tried it before?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

Eviledna wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a good online shop for buying chunky knit jumpers for stylish women at reasonable prices?

A tall order maybe:pac:

Ok so a while later I am shocked at the lack of nice jumpers around this year! Is there anywhere that anyone knows of online selling jumpers that is not ebay?

On topic, I can't recommend ebay more for low-price Fantasie bras. They are much cheaper there than in Ireland, sometimes up to half price!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭idunnoutellme

asos.com has loads of jumpers.
    I recently bought 2 pairs of wolford tights on ebay - cant wait for them to arrive. got 2 pairs for just under the price of one pair if i was to get them in the shops. go ebay :D

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭taibhse

http://www.etsy.com

They really have some gorgeous unique handmade items and my friend just set up her own shop http://drunkendolly.etsy.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Branded-Footwear-at-Branch309

GStar
    Fred Perry (<3)
    Adidas
    Cons...

all below R.R.P, with free postage to Ireland.
    The Queens pound is fecked! Take advantage.

Got my first pair in the post today, chuffed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

I just bought a pair of cardy Uggs on here:

www.uggii.com

They seem to have a very good selection and the prices are reasonable.

They charge in dollars and postage to Eire is $25, delivery in 5 working days.

Whether they are genuine are not is another story, they did look like the real deal tho.....I hope they are...

I will keep you all posted when they arrive!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I just bought a pair of cardy Uggs on here:

www.uggii.com

They seem to have a very good selection and the prices are reasonable.

They charge in dollars and postage to Eire is $25, delivery in 5 working days.

Whether they are genuine are not is another story, they did look like the real deal tho.....I hope they are...

I will keep you all posted when they arrive!!!

Sorry but those are fake.

Pythia wrote: »
    Sorry but those are fake.

Seriously??

Seriously??

I'm almost 100% certain. Firstly, they are far too cheap, secondly that website is Chinese which screams dodgy, thirdly you can only pay by Paypal or Western Union, fourthly, the English is pretty bad on that site. Finally, it looks like a load of other fake Ugg websites that have popped up lately. Sorry.

Pythia wrote: »
    I'm almost 100% certain. Firstly, they are far too cheap, secondly that website is Chinese which screams dodgy, thirdly you can only pay by Paypal or Western Union, fourthly, the English is pretty bad on that site. Finally, it looks like a load of other fake Ugg websites that have popped up lately. Sorry.

Serves me right for taking a mad notion this am.

Is there anyway to cancel a payment would you happen to know??

• Advertisement

Serves me right for taking a mad notion this am.

Is there anyway to cancel a payment would you happen to know??

You can ask your credit card company to do a charge back or open some kind of paypal dispute. I'm not sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭dulchie75

Not sure if anyone has mentioned www.dorothyperkins.com

Bril site and with the exchange rate you pay alot less then in the shops here. I recently got a 2 dresses, shoes, 2 handbags and a jumper for €145 would have cost me over €200 in their stores here.
    This included a 20% discount and now they are offering free delivery until the end of Nov.

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭viv2

If anybody uses revolveclothing there is a code for 25% off which includes sale stock but there are a few brands that are restricted.
    The code is NOTCOTLOVESREVOLVE just enter it before you pay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 merlia

There are wonderful designer and cheap handbags here http://www.handbagsinfo.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 DozeyRozey

I need new UGGs. I'm poor and they cost €210 for the Classic short ones in BTs!!... anyone know anywhere I can get (Authentic) UGG Australia boots at a cheaper price online? (apart from the official UGG website or ebay.... never bought anything off ebay before and dont think I'll chance it!!);)

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭MrsMcSteamy

try www.hairybaby.com for funny t-shirts with irish twist - haven't used it yet but i intend to!!:D
    Hairy baby is great, have brilliant tops for both men and women and kids, really good value wash really well, wud recommend them to anyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Oobie

Hairy baby is great, have brilliant tops for both men and women and kids, really good value wash really well, wud recommend them to anyone

Hairy Baby is crap. They take ages to deliver stuff and don't respond to emails.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 sunnyholly

DozeyRozey wrote: »
    I need new UGGs. I'm poor and they cost €210 for the Classic short ones in BTs!!... anyone know anywhere I can get (Authentic) UGG Australia boots at a cheaper price online? (apart from the official UGG website or ebay.... never bought anything off ebay before and dont think I'll chance it!!);)

I got mine for 192euro in schuh or they are 182 on asos

http://www.asos.com/Women/Shoes/Cat/pgecategory.aspx?cid=4172&Rf-100=Boots&sh=0&Rf-400=752

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Heading to Lanzarote for Christmas next week, and just got home from Uni yesterday to discover that I left my Sunglasses back in Belfast. Forgot they existed given the sh!teness of the weather lately :mad:

Looking for somewhere to order a nice pair that would deliver before tuesday next week. Its not too important, I can always get them in a store somewhere, but I have 100 euro (give or take a few quid) left on a 3V card Id like to use.

Any recommendations?

Cheers,

Arc

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28 joanbrent

I love to shop at iStorez for one reason where you can find deals, promotions from a variety of online retailers.

Advertisement