Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying Clothes and Accessories on-line: recommendations

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 kerrygaz

www.eastbay.com

have loads of cool gear there for cheap such as nike under armour quiksilver oakley you name it its savage website for clothes and accessories

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

www.dorothyperkins.com I have ordered from this site about 5 times now, they are fast, efficient and it costs less than buying in a DP shop here. There is a set delivery charge of £3.95 no matter how much you buy. Would definitely recommend them. The online sale is pretty good too!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

Is there anywhere cheaper than M&M Direct? The exchange rates and their shipping costs make what look like good deals turn out to be not so good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Kurosaki_

Does anyone know a online good shop in the EU (so I dont have to pay tax) that sells Punk Rock style clothing (thinking like Green Day clothing) Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭MJOR

Flashling wrote: »
    Just ordered ALOT off Strawberry net (not for me, sadly). It says you may have to pay import duty, for anyone who has used this do you/is it really expensive?

well if you order two items at a time you can avoid this tax......
    or ask them to wrap it like a gift too that is another way.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 bobawave

Try BananaPeelz.com for new mens underclothing- They also have sunglass pouches and sports pouches. The mens bananapeel leaves no tan lines and is really great under the wetsuit.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭marymc

I'm looking for a specific site with a weird/funky name that I cannot for the life of me recall. It sells bags such as the "I am the Shopping Bag" with the shopping list on it (tea and sangwiches, feature, I think).

Can anyone think of what I'm talking about?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,220 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Can't imagine buying clothes online without a fitting. Oh, maybe an over sized T or baggy sweat shirt, but not when sizing is important! Shoes are a prob too, I've found. Going into a retail store (not online), different brands of the same shoe size don't alway fit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 CorkJack

Sorry, I saw another thread talking about books. I was just showing that personally for me buying clothes online has been a roll of the dice with regard to sizing where as with books and electronics online buying is perfect for that. Some friends of mine have bought from Next and found it fit her. Then again she was pregnant and was lookng for very loose clothing, so perfect fit was not an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭creme egg

Larianne wrote: »
    Okay, I want a nice pair of boots. Knee high and either flat or with a small heel. Any good sites for finding these?

And sites with more unusal shoes. Please. :)

try duoboots.com they generally cater for those with a bit of a larger calf, but have a nice range. I got a pair of black flat riding boots at Christmas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭pampers1

Chopper71 wrote: »
    For several years I purchased books from Amazon, and found the service very good.

If your looking at books, I would also checkout a company called Abe Books. The have .com and co.uk

They connect local sellers with purchasers, very good service.

Just my 2cents.

Brian (first post!)

www.booksunlimited.ie is also a good site. I find them really quick with delivery and they take laser!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

longtallsally.com is a great site for taller girls. Their sizes are very good and I have never had a problem with their delivery. They usually have a sale section where you can buy end of lines very cheaply!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

http://caliroots.com/

Last summer when I bought two pairs of Cheap Monday skinnies I got free shoes! Cheap shipping and good selection for males.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭boffin

I like the Marco Eyewear for sunglasses. They do both polarized and prescription sunglasses and have stockists all over ireland.

Polarized Sunglasses

Prescription Sunglasses

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 CorkJack

I bought prescription raybans about 2 years ago from Heavyglare.com They were the only ones that would do them at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Chowburger

Lately I've been shopping with Sock Dreams for all sorts of mad tights and socks, and Etsy for handmade everything. I've been really pleased with everything I've got from both sites, and the shipping is usually pretty decent (my number one concern when it comes to buying online).

Speaking of which, I just discovered that topshop.com ships to Ireland for a mere £5! Even with the shipping added on, the clothes still end up cheaper than in the shops here. And they accept Maestro cards... my poor bank account.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

www.boohoo.com

Womens clothing, lovely dresses, funky tshirts and loads of cheap jackets. Ive bought t shirts a dress and jacket and a hoodie off them. The sizes are good too, they are nice fitting clothes and good quality. Prices start at £7, delivery to Ireland £7, no matter how much you buy from them and the stuff comes within 4 working days, I love it!!!

I have jeans and a dress on the way.... cant wait :)
    Thanks for that Starlight. I just ordered 2 dresses and 2 tops for €45 inc postage.
    Nice one:)

• Registered Users Posts: 47 thesocial

La Redoute is a great site but can someone tell me how are you getting items delivered to Ireland. when even registering they require a postal code and I can't even get past that. I am wondering can I get items posted to Ireland from anyother european site...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 *pda

if they insist on a postal code just typing in "xxxxx" or similar should work!

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭MissLe

just seen the same dress on asos.com and boohoo.com, £10 cheaper on boohoo!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭peanut66

www.asos.com is brilliant for clothes, shoes, bags, make up, accessorries etc. Reasonable prices, very quick delivery. I have no complaints and love their stuff. They have their own brand clothes and stock hundreds of brand names including designer.

www.truffleshuffle.com is brill for 80's tee shirts and hoodies, bands, tv shows, video games all the 80's for men and women, delivery takes about 5 days i think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 sunalishine

try www.hairybaby.com for funny t-shirts with irish twist - haven't used it yet but i intend to!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

http://www.eu.forzieri.com

i saw a watch on the website that i was going to buy - was wondering has anyone ordered anything from it

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5 geofizz

hi,
    ive just found a site that posts GAP and Banana Republic clothes from the US but am wondering if it's reliable and if it marks the delivery as Gift like ebay goods.

www.overeasy.co.uk/

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

geofizz wrote: »
    hi,
    ive just found a site that posts GAP and Banana Republic clothes from the US but am wondering if it's reliable and if it marks the delivery as Gift like ebay goods.

www.overeasy.co.uk/

Thanks

There are several places online that offer this service now. I don't know anything about the one you mention but when I googled it no bad reviews turned up so that might be a good sign. I have used www.globalconnetions.com which is another US based post service that will give you an address is the US that you can order goods to arrive at and then they will post you on your purchases. I think it's $15 for the service and then you pay postage to Ireland too. The financial part is all done via paypal. I've used it a few times and it was always good. It's another option if you're not confident using the place you've posted about.

There are some other reviews of globalconnection here : http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055204527

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 happykenny

musthavefashions on ebay u just cant beat it, especially for sexy dresses

• Registered Users Posts: 27 fairynuff

try www.hairybaby.com for funny t-shirts with irish twist - haven't used it yet but i intend to!!:D
    Hairybaby.com have some fab t-shirts and hoodies - great quality material, and sweatshop-free & organic to boot. Their gear make great presents, esp the baby t-shirts - quirky designs! Next day delivery is very reliable too. Highly recommended!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 lovinglife08

www.beautyparlor.co.uk fab for branded makeup and skincare at big discounts, cheap delivery to Ireland too! Highly recommended! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭BlindedByGInge

Ya i agree about hairybaby.com. any1 interested in cool t-shirts shud check it out. 100% irish too. Delivey quick and cheap and rly original ideas for tees!!!

Check it out

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Not really a store but a blog with links to stores. There is some great stuff here, especially if you like retro trainers, retro footy casual gear and the like.

http://www.retrotogo.com/sportswear/index.html

Advertisement