Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's in the Bag

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭orangetictac

Driver: Titleist 905R

Rescue: TaylorMade Rescue mid, 25 Deg
    Irons: 3-Pw Callaway x-16
    Wedges: Vokey spin milled 56(THE ONE WITH THE DOTS)

Putter: Yes! Callie

NEED A 3 WOOD
    n1266600116_30005380_5687.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭f22

Driver: Titleist D2 9.5 with Aldila NV Prototype Stiff
    3 Wood: Ping G5 with Grafalloy Blue 65 Stiff
    Irons: Titleist 690 MB's, 3 iron to 9iron, S400 shafts
    Wedges: Cleveland CG12 46, 54 and 60 degrees.
    Putter: Odyssey Black Series No. 5

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Adiaga 2

f22, how do you find the cg12 wedges? Are they the zip grooves? Given that you like Titleist, they were obviously good enough to tempt you away from vokeys.. Heard and read a lot of good things about them and they seem to be a bit cheaper than most of the other top brand wedges.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭f22

Always preferred Cleveland wedges to be honest, and the zip grooves do exactly what they say on the box. High or low you know the ball will stop for you which is reassuring, although on full shots the spin can be a bit too much if you don't control it. The only complaint I would have is on the face of the 54 degree wedge, it's a little too big for my liking. I'd prefer the compact face of the old 588's or 900's.

I bought them in the states for $99 each, which is a steal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 McDonagh

Driver: Titleist 905R

Rescue: TaylorMade Rescue mid, 25 Deg
    Irons: 3-Pw Callaway x-16
    Wedges: Vokey spin milled 56(THE ONE WITH THE DOTS)

Putter: Yes! Callie

NEED A 3 WOOD
    n1266600116_30005380_5687.jpg
    where u get this?????

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 McDonagh

stooge wrote: »
    UPDATE:

Driver: Wilson 1200tg (not bad for the price)
    3 Wood: Wilson 1200tg

Irons: Taylormade RAC HT
    LW: Taylormade RAC satin 56deg
    Putter: White Hot Odyssey Num8

what u play off????????
    Driver: cleveland lancher

3 Wood: taylor made r7 15'
    resure: cobra baffler 19'

Irons: cleveland ta4 4-pw

GP: cleveland cg10 51'

sw: nike tw 56'

lw: titleist oil can 60'

putter:scooty carmen newport style 2.1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭stooge

McDonagh wrote: »
    what u play off????????

Sorry! I don't have an official handicap but I'd say I play off 24.

I played off 16 when I was younger and only recently came back playing around xmas time. I think I'll need a year or so to get back down as my game is all over the place. I'd have a couple of pars then fall apart and shoot 2 or 3 7's to mess up the card.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

jonny24ie wrote: »
    Handicap: Unknown (only started playing 3 weeks ago)

Driver: Taylormade R540, 9.5
    3 Wood: Dunlop Mx2 3 Wood
    5 wood: Dunlop Mx2 5 Wood

Taylormade Burner No. 4 Rescue Club.

Taylormade R7 Draw Irons. 3-SW

Putter: Dunlop Mx2

Updated!!

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭pkeno

Woods: McGregor 501's 1, 3 and 5

Irons: McGregor Mx Tour 3-SW

Putter: Some kind of dunlop putter, cost me 20 quid about 6 years ago

Ball: Whatever I find in the ditch looking for my wayward drives!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

Woods: Taylor made R5 9.5

Irons: Black dot Ping coppers 3 - sw

Putter: dunlop putter really old but nicely weighted

rescue clubs -
    TAYLOR MADE RESCUE MID 16 deg 2 HYBRID STEEL shaft.
    Dunlop Loco Hybrid Rescue No 3 (17 deg) & 4 (20 deg) Graphite shafted.

I'm only playing since march, but have been happy so far with all the clubs, the ping coppers seem to be very unforgiving, but they’re very well suited to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭ShriekingSheet

Finally got all the clubs I'd ordered. Completely new set from what I had last month.

Irons - Talyor Made Tour Burner 3-P with Project X +1/2 inch and 2 degs upright

Woods All Ping G10 with Grafalloy ProLaunch Red- Driver (9 degree), 3 Wood and Hybrid (18 degree +1/4 inch)

Wedges Callaway rusted 54 degree and Taylor Made RAC 60 degree

Putter Odyssey Tour #1

Ball Titleist ProV-1X

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 jlynch_hole18

DRIVER: adams golf gt2

WOODS: Callaway big bertha 3 & 5

IRONS: Mizuno mx-25 4-pw and a titleist utility 3 iron

WEDGES: Mizuno mp-t series 56 and 60 degree wedges

PUTTER: MD golf co.sligo (milled face great roll and perfect roll
    look out for md golf putters)

and thats it hope my set gets the thumbs up from u and hope
    to hear what you think of them!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,446 ✭✭✭The Rooster

Updated my mix and match:

Wilson Deep Red 365 driver 10.5*
    TaylorMade Burner 3 Wood 15*
    Wilson Staff Fybrid 19.5*
    BenRoss Escape 23*
    Nike CPRIII Utility 26*

Cleveland CG Gold irons

Callaway X Tour Chrome Wedge 54*
    Progen Gunmetal Wedge 60*

Mizuno Bettinardi A01 putter

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭markie4

Probably about time to do this:

H'Cap: 11
    Driver/Wood/rescue:
    Adams RPM460 draw 10.5 prolaunch (s)
    Adams rpm 5 wood stock Fuji stiff,
    Nickent 20 and 23 deg, both NV75s

Irons:
    Mizuno MP60 5-pw Rifle 5.5's
    Wedges:
    Wishon 52,
    Nike SV 56/14 and 60/10 with dynalite s

Putters: 33" McGregor Bobby Grace Mk5 (heel), 32.5" MD Murvagh (centre) and waiting on Odyssey 33" White Hot #2.

Currently using the MD, and holing my fair share of 8-10'ers, but still shaky from 4-6', but generally not trusting my putting. Probably owned 8 putters in last 18 months. Recently sold on a Scotty, because I wasn't getting the best out of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 keepherlit

Changed the bag round a bit

Driver; King Cobra Speed ld stiff
    5 wood; Ping G10 Stiff graffalloy
    2 iron mizuno mp cut muscle
    3-pw Cleveland cg red custom
    52* ping tour
    58* titleist vokey spin milled
    Ping B60 karsten putter

Ball Srixon Z-urs

Picked up a new 54 degree Vokey spin milled yesterday.
    Rumours that they'll be banned but so many people are using them I'd imagine any ruling would come in as of 2010 or somethings.

Anyway, it's pretty nice, getting the 60 degree soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭jampotjim

Picked up a new 54 degree Vokey spin milled yesterday.
    Rumours that they'll be banned but so many people are using them I'd imagine any ruling would come in as of 2010 or somethings.

Anyway, it's pretty nice, getting the 60 degree soon.

Just got mine through the post today so went home and picked it up so I can use this evening,,,

jampotjim wrote: »
    Just got mine through the post today so went home and picked it up so I can use this evening,,,

It's remarkable just how many people have them now. I like mine but it's not astoundingly better than any wedge I've hit. It is nice though.

Shredding the pro-v1 ridiculous amounts - hopefully this won't continue after some play.

Should have the lob wedge early in the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Mister Sifter

My 56 degree spin milled is around 10 months old now. The face really is starting to look quite beaten. Probably not getting as much spin as i was when i got it either. I'd say i'd be needing to change it around the turn of the year as it seems to be wearing down quite a bit. Having to buy a new wedge every 12 months could be an expensive business though!

On the other hand, my 60 degree oil can spin milled is still in great nick in contrast. Great spin off it.

Graeme1982 wrote: »

On the other hand, my 60 degree oil can spin milled is still in great nick in contrast. Great spin off it.

That's weird.

My two little brothers use the spin-milled wedges - one has 2 oil cans, the other has 2 of the standard ones and they both told me the oil can ones don't wear as well at all...

Hard to know really. The one with the oil cans is off 1 and practices a huge amount so it's possibly more down to that.

Did yours cut the ball up at first? And if so, did it stop after a while?

• Advertisement

That's weird.

My two little brothers use the spin-milled wedges - one has 2 oil cans, the other has 2 of the standard ones and they both told me the oil can ones don't wear as well at all...

Hard to know really. The one with the oil cans is off 1 and practices a huge amount so it's possibly more down to that.

Did yours cut the ball up at first? And if so, did it stop after a while?

Yeah they both chew the pro-v 1s something rotten. To be honest my 60 degree doesn't get a huge amount of use so that part explains why it's holding up so well.

If i practice my wedges it's generally the 56 that i pull out.

Yeah they both chew the pro-v 1s something rotten.

So it's not just when they're new?

Bugger.

I would've went for the Z grove Taylor Mades in that case...

So it's not just when they're new?

Bugger.

I would've went for the Z grove Taylor Mades in that case...

My 56, although a bit worn, still chews them. Two holes in with a new pro-v 1 yesterday and there were a few marks on it. That was from hitting a full sand wedge and then a 50 yarder. I do tend to chew golf balls quite badly though anyway, so maybe it's just me!

My 56, although a bit worn, still chews them. Two holes in with a new pro-v 1 yesterday and there were a few marks on it. That was from hitting a full sand wedge and then a 50 yarder. I do tend to chew golf balls quite badly though anyway, so maybe it's just me!

Na it's the same for me. Even with 50 yard pitches there's some marks and with a full SW the ball there's part of the cover coming off as if I went at it with a Gillette Mach 3!

It's remarkable just how many people have them now. I like mine but it's not astoundingly better than any wedge I've hit. It is nice though.

Shredding the pro-v1 ridiculous amounts - hopefully this won't continue after some play.

Should have the lob wedge early in the week.

I got a 60* 14 bounce last week and a 54* 10 bounce on Friday and love them both...

I think these versions (bounce) suit me more as I have been allot more consistant with them compared to my normal wedges

The 1 problem is I have tore the arse out of loads of pro v1's and haven't even done any heavy practise with them yet ...

But so far so good..

jampotjim wrote: »
    I got a 60* 14 bounce last week and a 54* 10 bounce on Friday and love them both...

I think these versions (bounce) suit me more as I have been allot more consistant with them compared to my normal wedges

The 1 problem is I have tore the arse out of loads of pro v1's and haven't even done any heavy practise with them yet ...

But so far so good..

Yep - totally agree with all...

I'm strongly thinking of not taking the 60 I orderd and getting rid of the 54 and going for Taylor Made Z Grooves...

The playability is one thing but I can't afford the pro-v1s to only last 3 holes before my drives start flying funny - which they do when there's a gash in the ball.

Yep - totally agree with all...

I'm strongly thinking of not taking the 60 I orderd and getting rid of the 54 and going for Taylor Made Z Grooves...

The playability is one thing but I can't afford the pro-v1s to only last 3 holes before my drives start flying funny - which they do when there's a gash in the ball.

It's like going back to what your use to with the old balata ball where you got 2 good holes out of it if you where lucky..

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Sionnachster

I took my first balata back to the pro shop (Aged 14 or so) back in my early days - Maxfli gold sleeve box - remember them?

I told him I was angry at how many scratches were on it and scuffs considering how expensive they were. He laughed so hard in my face I didn't know what to do. He even called in his mate to join in the fun. I was convinced it was defective! Looking back now is all a bit... :o

Lovely ball though even if I did butcher it....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Mr. Larson

• Driver : PING G10 - 10.5 degree regular flex (pro launch)
    • 3 Wood : Taylor Made R5
    • Rescue : Spalding 21 degree (almost like a 3 wood)
    • Irons : 3-SW Lynx Oversize (11 years old)
    • Wedge : Cleveland CG 10 56 degree wedge (2 dot)
    • Putter : Back to an auld bet up Wilson Putter (about 15 years old!) after a putting crisis. Ditched the Odyssey one and putting much better now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭eunified61

10.5 degree cobra hs9
    3-pw Nike pro combo irons
    3w mizuno t-zoid blue rage
    wilson 60* trouble wedge
    MD superstrong 52*
    progen 56*
    king putter (lifesaver,priceless):)
    titliest so lo:cool:

Advertisement