Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guess who is playing the freshers ball

Options
124»

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

It's obviously the 29th Faceless Man, I mean, come on ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Jesus I need to get this name changed...

WELL I DON'T KNOW JEZJEZ MAYBE I WAS DISTRACTED BY THE CONSTANT FLASHING OF YOUR CAMERA IN MY FACE? :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

OMg, I so only have like ONE picture of you, and that was at the summer ball, and you USE that pic nows!

PEople, you need to appreciate what I am doing for you.

Photographically documenting your college experiance.

Pfft, I don't use it, its used by others...I need to dig out a better one to be honest, that will put an end to all this. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,494 ✭✭✭✭28064212

OK it's been announced, Damien Dempsey is headlining the Fresher's Ball. There's an article in InDublin written by (I think) the Ents officer. Someone connected to the SU anyway. It didn't say what date it was on, just an out-of-context 'Thursday', but they also said they were expecting 2000 students, and I don't think there'd even be that many on campus for orientation week

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭kirn

so what about republic of loose?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

I think Republic of Loose are playing UCD freshers ball this year. If I'm wrong they are playing something out in belfield anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

They're playing DCU like next week too €10 admission.

Gonna go to it I think, should be good... anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭Redegg

Ahhh was talking and he said that rodrigo and gabrialla are playing DCU!?! if this is true I will wet myself.

Rodrigo y Gabriella?

**** YEA!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭delorentos

delorentos play the old bar today at 5.....

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

^ not a shameless plug! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭Milkman Dan

ah they were good, so they get away with it.

The sound is as ****e as ever.
    the camenbert quartet though - holy god. shouting at the audience? fecks sake.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,494 ✭✭✭✭28064212

The sound is as ****e as ever.
    Actually thought the sound in the old bar was pretty decent, it was really bad in the venue though. Especially if you were up on the balcony
    the camenbert quartet though - holy god. shouting at the audience? fecks sake.
    Ah come on, that was funny. Besides, the guy seemed to get it, it wasn't like they were just abusing him.

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭markpb

28064212 wrote:
    Actually thought the sound in the old bar was pretty decent, it was really bad in the venue though. Especially if you were up on the balcony

The balcony causes too much of a bass trap to ever sound good. As far as I know the improvements to the venue are only half done at the moment; it should sound a lot better when it's finished.

Yea is it just me or did they get a new PA in the Old Bar or something? Big Generator were the first band that I heard playing in there that sounded good...

Advertisement