Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your art/craftwork - show it here!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Randomfriend

Me likey, not sure I have the patience for something quite that large, the older I get the worse my attention span becomes. Should look great when you finish it, is it for anything in particular or just because you wanted to do something cool and huge? :D

Heres a couple of woodblocks I did recently.. Always feel like way too much effort at the time but I like em when its finished.

aaef8ea969b1746e0948084387dfd268.jpg

190f77933ce8001dff81c0bdb9155dce.jpg

38ed0ce58df4e47c63aec4f9f59c2eca.jpg
    And the Wood itself ^

Been updating my portfolio quite a bit the last few days so there is a good bit of new stuff up there if anyone's interested in having a look. http://www.behance.net/barrymasterson

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Ho-lee crap Chorcai, that is great and must take A LOT of patience. Looking forward to seeing it finished!

Anyone here played FFVIII? Some fan art. The GF Leviathan in crayola colour pencils (sorry about bad picture, the flash or whatever shines on the bottom left).

leviathan1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Randomfriend

All FF related work is good in my books, I knew what it was before I read anything so thats a good sign :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Dutchess

doll+004.JPG
    doll+028.JPG
    My very first attempt at an art doll.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Cerque

Took a better photo.

The Red Wedding

the_red_wedding_by_cerque-d5dryi4.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭alphaLaura

Cerque, that's fantastic! It was tough enough reading it but...seeing a painting, eep! Which one is RS?! ;)

alphaLaura wrote: »
    Cerque, that's fantastic! It was tough enough reading it but...seeing a painting, eep! Which one is RS?! ;)

Thank you Laura! <3

RS is the dude with the crown on. I tried to capture the horror and chaos of the moment. Glad you like it.

^ Definitely nailed the chaos and horror! The shadows make it look sinister and frantic.

Never realised I could upload my art here, so I'll attach an image here. It's called 'Fragile'.

Fragile.jpg

It's 10'' x 12'' so you can look at details and zoom ins on my site: http://www.iownthesun.net/portfolio/fragile/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,371 ✭✭✭Obliq

Wow, that's amazing! I'm not big into fairy-tale imagery, but I'll make an exception for that picture. Well done :cool:

Beautiful use of colour, love it!

• Advertisement

Thank you both!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭donegal_road

one from last week.
    River Finn, oil on panel

finn2_zps25e12854.jpg

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 2,283 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chorcai

a bit of an update, not much but some :P

C28B662B58EF4048B51BC407F2CF8F71-0000327405-0003215406-00800L-B6E1C150620044B68227A64A951F88D8.jpg

For any Game of Thrones fans. I just added a bit to this, made it a bit more detailed and darker, went over things I was not happy with.

Ramsay Bolton

ramsay_bolton_by_cerque-d5nzv6q.jpg

Cerque I'm loving these Game of Thrones images! Reek looks -perfect-

alphaLaura wrote: »
    Cerque I'm loving these Game of Thrones images! Reek looks -perfect-

Thanks Laura! I liked your art page there, really love your picture. I am working on a few album covers for bands now, but I am also trying to get the Purple Wedding done, gonna be done in the same style/ theme as the Red Wedding picture. ;)

Oooh Purple Wedding - I can't wait to see that! How long does it take you to do a painting of that style?
    Happy you like my art, I know its a bit different and I'm continually questioning whether you can really 'make it' as a pencil artist?!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 jayire82

0000000255959.jpeg
    Hello,
    My name is Jason O'Ceannobhain. I am a wildlife and portrait artist living in Kildare Ireland. I received a B.A. honors degree in art and animation in Ballyfermot College, however I have focused my career on fine art.

As an Irish wildlife enthusiast, my work is greatly inspired by Ireland's country scenery and native animals. I collect my research through field work photography across the country and, through my solo and group exhibitions, I am building a professional name for myself and becoming popular for my wildlife and landscape studies.

My work has been displayed in numerous shows and galleries and I was commissioned to present a painting to former president Mary McAleese. I have received several awards for my portrait and animal works and my paintings are featured in a number of public and private collections.

I work with Landscapes, seascapes, urban scenery, wildlife and portrait.
    If you would like any further details, please private mail me and I will get back asap.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭hatetherain!

I found the fabric in the garage .... its curtain fabric! But I think it looks great and she loves it!:) Hope ye like it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

Here's two things I made:

A personalized bag:
    photo-151-770x901.jpg
    photo-161-1024x871.jpg

And a hat!
    green_and_gold_lily_hat_by_mahamageehad-d3bn8ry-770x534.jpg

Always looking for a new challenge! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 separateways

Hey everyone
    I'm Orla :)
    Here's just a few of my drawings and one of my canvases :) Hope you like!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

tumblr_mm32r72SZO1ql8x1wo1_1280.jpg

Was a tad bored so here's Balbriggan Harbour for you all!

Fantastic work jayeire82. Incredible detail and a lovely pose.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭I Concur

Time lapse drawing of Arnold Schwarzenegger (Terminator 2)
    Hope ye like it!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7PLeD3IrAU&feature=youtu.be

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Melena

66a4ec2ce6288ab59ae32f3837dc6a49.jpg

A Fish out of Water by myself Helena Grimes.

92aacfcfcfd3a7e7ca54f6de7cbc50f0.jpg
    The piece in our Third Year exhibition 'recollect'.

Feel free to check out the rest of projects on my portfolio: http://be.net/helenagrimes
    Thanks for looking :)

I absolutely love the pose Melena, and especially how you did it with dark tones. I hope to see some more!

The Purple Wedding

the_purple_wedding_by_cerque-d65kxkc.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 36 siobhanlleher

My first painting! Started it years ago, revisited it recently!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,654 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Only really stumbled onto this thread now, I've just finished a portfolio course in Waterford College of Further Education, exhibition on Tuesday, so heres a few things I have for it.

My mechanical heart sculpture peice..
    524653_242979505844552_1470962263_n.jpg

Another sculpture project, hard to judge from the picture but the inside is all mirror
    397802_242976932511476_1444712265_n.jpg

2 A1 sheets put together, collage oil painting
    485520_242990402510129_196695897_n.jpg

And a charcoal drawing of a mechanical object
    601771_242964065846096_1620532849_n.jpg

Hope you all like!

Advertisement