Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your art/craftwork - show it here!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Cerque

GerB40 wrote: »
    Wow, that's some kudos. Keep it up. P.S ur Ramsey Bolton drawing is class, poor oul Reek..

Glad you like it! Ramsay's a dick isn't he? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

Cerque wrote: »

Glad you like it! Ramsay's a dick isn't he? :P
    He's a complete bastard... (get it)????

GerB40 wrote: »
    He's a complete bastard... (get it)????

I do! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Blong!hahaha

Hi.. I'd just like to get some feedback if possible on my first attempt at a pencil drawing of a face. Just staring at it myself is getting me nowhere as the image loses all meaning after a while lol. At tips or advice? I have some ideas about what's wrong with it, but I'll wait for opinions before saying what they are :p

Adrawing6_zpsbbd636c2.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭donegal_road

hi Blong, I always find it useful to hold it up to a mirror. What you suspect might be wrong will immediately become more obvious.
    At a glance, I would say maybe the bridge of the nose needs better definition, as do the eyes. Were you working from a photograph?

• Advertisement

hi Blong, I always find it useful to hold it up to a mirror. What you suspect might be wrong will immediately become more obvious.
    At a glance, I would say maybe the bridge of the nose needs better definition, as do the eyes. Were you working from a photograph?

Wow, so funny you should say that- I just started holding it up to a mirror to see the flaws!:) lol..really works well! Yeah I worked from a photo. I suppose I was a bit hesitant to commit to details, as I imagined the end result wouldn't be great, but I will do some more work on it and see if I can apply the aforementioned definition. Thanks for your feedback!

chef_wanted_2_by_cerque-d5ohueu.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭stoneill

My first ever bit of stone masonry.

042.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭KalEl88

8301772358_651681db48.jpg

I made this today, hope ye like it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

Exams coming up in January..means my creative steak comes back! :D

Musket_and_Shot_by_Cerque.jpg

My latest face drawing:

A-Pencil3_zps5e457dd2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭woodturner

My better half makes jewellery and over Christmas she has been working on this. I thought I would post some pics of it as she was progressing.
    2012-12-23%252023.16.21.jpg?gl=IE
    2012-12-24%252023.28.11.jpg?gl=IE

It is a peyote stitched bracelet but isn't quite finished it. The second photo is the bracelet half way through.

my_grandparents_by_cerque-d5p7q1m.jpg

Portrait of a friend.

8316682778_49526f79ce.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Drac the Bassman

Hi Everyone, my first posting here in this forum. I am 66yo and over the past ten years have dabbled with a paintbrush, water, ink and colours. Here are some of my efforts

collection.jpg

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 2,283 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chorcai

F1323C9163694B7FB053EFBA79BF1EAB-0000327405-0003114842-00800L-BA2DED5AAA0E41BE80DA7CCCAF67CC68.jpg

^ could just be the camera but the faces need some more shading, it'll look more real. It's a very good piece but the lack of shadowing and shading make it look a tad cartoonish!

Not a swipe, just what I would do! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Drac the Bassman

Recently joined BOARDS.IE and must admit it's one of the best thing's I have ever done. The talent in all fields on here is stunning, Just loving looking at your artwork's photo's and listening to the singer/songwriters

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 2,283 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chorcai

Zyzz wrote: »
    ^ could just be the camera but the faces need some more shading, it'll look more real. It's a very good piece but the lack of shadowing and shading make it look a tad cartoonish!

Not a swipe, just what I would do! :)

taken with a phone camera, in crap light etc

• Registered Users Posts: 28,285 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Recently joined BOARDS.IE and must admit it's one of the best thing's I have ever done. The talent in all fields on here is stunning, Just loving looking at your artwork's photo's and listening to the singer/songwriters

Ahem. You might have a look here - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1480

*Grins ingratiatingly at Art & Craft mods*

s19yb.jpg?1

took an hour or so, will finish it soon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Hobite

Hello, everyone.

I was a little bit busy for last couple of weeks. Had a great holidays at hometown with lots of snow. But now I ready to return creating and working with my new ideas for jewellery.

Today I want to share new photos of my new 2 piece set with coral and glass beads. Earrings hooks are silver plated.

2agvuqr.jpg

izvk10.jpg

2cf4lrn.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 15 barry 1960

Hi,
    Newish here I make Fairy Castles and bog oak features, wacky faces etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

trying to expand my art on youtube now , found this much easier to show my work than just post 1 picture :)

The Children of the Forest.

the_children_of_the_forest_by_cerque-d5rrwrv.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Melena

a1a6a6440705a5a7c4eb73e2ab451a26.jpg

Some work from college. More from the particular project here: http://www.behance.net/gallery/Pride-Drawing-Series/6570003

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭donegal_road

Shop Street, Galway. oil on sand coated panel

shopstreet4_zpsf7454e8e.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 alienacademy

wow really awesome arts guys

Advertisement