Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your art/craftwork - show it here!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Made this clock for my boyfriend for his recent birthday. Game of thrones' westeros map carved from corkboard.

Rather pleased with it :)

image_zps2fcf303c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Randomfriend

Andrewf20 wrote: »
    Cheers for the feedback. Havent really thought too much about it in the past. I might have a think about that idea.

A few more odds and ends attached...

I shared one of your paintings on this page today Andrew, give you a bit more love from a global audience :pac:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=184905865026420&set=a.119017838281890.1073741825.112998472217160&type=1&theater

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Greenduck

First time drawing/painting in awhile! Pleased enough how it came out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 sparklesideup

I'm more of a craft girl than "art" per se, nowhere near up to the standard of others in this thread! I mostly copy images from cartoons, I can't seem to create anything original, it just doesn't turn out well :(

IMG_4555.JPG

This one is from the anime Shirokuma Cafe.

(ps I'm a loooong time lurker and first time poster, finally have something to share here!)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

I shared one of your paintings on this page today Andrew, give you a bit more love from a global audience :pac:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=184905865026420&set=a.119017838281890.1073741825.112998472217160&type=1&theater

Cheers Randomfriend, just came across this now. :)

• Advertisement

I did this a few months ago, it's a copy of Julia Pott's Hermes window in Brown Thomas from Christmas last years. I'm not cool with copying things but it's just for my own personal use, and I'm a big fan of hers so in this case imitation was definitely a form of flattery :-)

painting.jpg

Last weekend I did this Moomin comic table, still stuck on the varnish, paper + emulsion paint + PVA = not sure what varnish to use not to wreck it! So it's sitting in the corner now awaiting varnish tests :-) If anyone has any ideas that would be brill!

IMG_4580.JPG

I don't want to post too many but I do a lot of crafts and haven't found an Irish venue to share them before, most of the sites I'm on (like craftster) are US based.

IMG_4602.JPG

This was a present I made for my other half a few birthdays ago.

And finally, my proudest achievement...
    quilt.jpg

Quilts are so boring to make but it will last forever so I'm glad I put the time into it.

Painting copied from the Moomins cartoon...Poster paints and permanent marker on canvas.

IMG_4608.JPG

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,414 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

3AE03AD064C64405ABB517953B6EF7E4-0000321256-0003410100-00640L-2DC1A7036DEE412B80245613D9AC9E31.jpg

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

How is that done?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,414 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Silverfish wrote: »
    How is that done?

Just with a felt tip pen and loads and loads of dots. I do them when I'm in work in the gallery. It's murder on the eyes.

This is from a pro scan of the pic, I uploaded it through pix.ie and unfortunately it's come out quilted looking. Uploaded directly from lap top onto fb and it looks better on there.

Any of the pen work has just been pointillism. I'm gonna print this on art paper and paint over it in a more abstract way, but keep the original as is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Fan art sketch. Tried a new way of shading making it only consist of lines. Scanners not great, kinda drains the detail unfortunately. 7B pencil. :)

Ultimecia_line_sketch.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 953 ✭✭✭donegal__road

meanglas_zps8288ddf0.jpg

An oil painting from a while ago. Painted up the road where the railway used to run in Donegal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 APB18

I make scrapbooks, started out as a hobby and just for family and friends but gradually growing into something more when i have the time! Most of my work can be seen here ; https://www.facebook.com/pages/Patsy-Bs/143344569131168?ref=hl, little bit intimidated posting here because most if not all of the things i've seen are amazing!

APB18 wrote: »
    I make scrapbooks, started out as a hobby and just for family and friends but gradually growing into something more when i have the time! Most of my work can be seen here ; https://www.facebook.com/pages/Patsy-Bs/143344569131168?ref=hl, little bit intimidated posting here because most if not all of the things i've seen are amazing!

I scrapbook as well! I have three books full from the past two years, I mostly do travel ones.

And another from me:
    IMG_0914.JPG
    Link from Legend of Zelda felt wall hanging made for my bf

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

APB18 wrote: »

Please post images of your work rather than linking to a Facebook page.
    Cork_girl

Saw that film Rush recently which inspired my latest painting, as attached.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Cerque

Cerque wrote: »

Superb work Cerque.

Lastest painting attached, more cars im afraid. :o

280813.jpg

Final Version!

amethyst_myst_by_cerque-d6uuead.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭lucky333

And finally, my proudest achievement...
    quilt.jpg

Quilts are so boring to make but it will last forever so I'm glad I put the time into it.[/quote]
    Love the quilt, great work, well done :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭Dramatik

Hey everyone, some brilliant artwork up here as usual, I love checking back here every so often to see what people have been doing. Here's a sketch I've done recently. Keep up the great work everyone!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1434011580152597&set=a.1434011500152605.1073741832.1415433598677062&type=3&src=https%3A%2F%2Fscontent-b-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net%2Fhphotos-ash4%2F995760_1434011580152597_926624669_n.jpg&size=671%2C960

• Registered Users Posts: 29 arienlass

Hi,
    Can I ask any of you talented artists what do you think of the grid method and do most artists use this method. I am just a beginner to art and have done an acrylic class. I have always painted onto the canvas what I see in front of me, now I have started an oil painting class and they use the grid method to scale proportionately. To me, it seems a form of cheating. Can I have your opinions please?

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Burky126

arienlass wrote: »
    Hi,
    Can I ask any of you talented artists what do you think of the grid method and do most artists use this method. I am just a beginner to art and have done an acrylic class. I have always painted onto the canvas what I see in front of me, now I have started an oil painting class and they use the grid method to scale proportionately. To me, it seems a form of cheating. Can I have your opinions please?

Using the grid is not cheating and some artists use this method when either painting subjects with many curves or angles/scaling up the size of an object.
    Personally,I used to use this method as my work was more defined but I certainly recommend using it!

Using the grid,it trains your eye so that you can critically assess if your work is up to proportion and if you have warped an image by mistake.One of the most important skills in art is evaluating your own work so the grid is essential in this process.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 arienlass

Thanks Burky126, I appreciate your feedback. I do find using the grid great but thought it might take away from my progression in the art of seeing and drawing if you know what I mean. I wondered if most artists used this method or not. I will feel better about using it now

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Melena

Have been making some festive Christmas Cards the last few weeks. You can see more here:
    il_570xN.528553075_lew5.jpg

il_570xN.528553293_1tqq.jpg

Latest painting just finished thankfully. :) Its the 1968 Targa Florio in Sicily.

282838.jpg

arienlass wrote: »
    Hi,

I use the grid method for my car paintings as I need to be fairly pin point accurate with the symetry of the cars in particular. I dont use it for the backgrounds usually. The original photo would fill an A4 page and I would have a 1x1cm grid drawn over it. On my blank page (usually A2), its 2x2cm, effectivley doubling the scale of the car.

Hey Randomfriend, PM just sent, apologies for not responding sooner.

kether_by_cerque-d6vxy9x.jpg

• Advertisement

Great use of colour Cerque. Love it.

Advertisement