Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US: Lost Theories... *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Hannibal_12

My theory is that the Island in some way seems to manifest the fears of the people on it. The polar bear for instance seems to arise from the comic book that the child reads, a child which has been descibed by his adopted father as "different". Remember the flashback showing the child reading a book regarding birds and then suddenly one (the same species) flies into the window of the house. I imagine it developing along those lines.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

Children are always associated with weird things traditionaly in Horror movies 'Children of the Corn', 'Poltergiest', 'The Shinning' etc.... Can you tell I've been musing on this for quite some time... I've just though of the Disney film 'Witch Mountain' the first one not the second...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

never seen that film, but walts imagination (or whatever it was) manifested iself before they got too the island ie. the bird, brian not willing to fly with him and saying he's different and also it hasnt manifested anyone elses fears and it has made locke better, also helped them find the cave with jacks hallucinations.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

trishw78 wrote:

whats the odds on the camp getting attacked by a sunburnt penguin? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Washout

steveland? wrote:
    Washout, it's been explained before that any thread containing US and SPOILERS in it is for discussion of things that have already been shown in the US, this means all the episodes... the whole point of the US thread titles was to remove the need for the spoiler tags...

If you haven't seen up to the last episode, as has been explained before in the sticky up the top of the page, don't click on it

ive seen them all...but my apologies my friend...didnt notice the US: tag in the title. my bad.

• Advertisement

Ok so I've been reading the Conspiracy theorys forum and my latest WILD theory is that there on the Lost island of Lemuria or Atlantis???

Yes I know WILD

• Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

My theory is that they are in the Bermuda Triangle. Thats near to Fiji and Australia.

Would explain the Black Rock and the planes and stuff. Also, weird stuff happens in the Bermuda triangle.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Fridge

trishw78 wrote:
    Ok so I've been reading the Conspiracy theorys forum and my latest WILD theory is that there on the Lost island of Lemuria or Atlantis???

Yes I know WILD

Can you elaborate on that? I'm just wondering how it would explain what's happening with the people on the island.

Doesn't that French woman know where they are though? I mean weren't they sent to do an experiment there?

What sort of weird stuff happens in the Bermuda Triangle apart from aircraft stuff?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭bringitdown

Bermuda triangle??? they are in the Pacific are they not?

Fridge wrote:
    Doesn't that French woman know where they are though? I mean weren't they sent to do an experiment there?

I thought they were blown off course/shipwrecked after a storm could be wrong

Edit:The Atlantis Theory is a mix between the wormhole & Bermuida Triangle theory, Kinda like Dinotopia

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

you mean THIS bermuda triangle?

bermudatriangle.gif
    [align=right]13.16.137.11[/align]

oh, and the french team were on some sort of survey mission or something, and overheard the numbers being transmitted from the island, and as they went to investigate got shipwrecked.

or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

I think you guys are missing the implied sarcasm in the original post.

Lmao :):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Lamia

I think the 'monster' might be some kind of biomechanical animal? Found this which connects the numbers to things I hadnt noticed:

WARNING CONTAINS SPOILERS
    http://forums.go.com/abc/oceanic/thread?threadID=463024

Still curious about the black and white stones found on Adam and Eve,there's a big good vs evil/faith vs science thing going on there. Hmmm...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 791 ✭✭✭fightin irish

Whats eating me is the hatch that locke found...I wreckon it will open up a whole new theory when we know whats in there. And locke telling Shannon ''we all get a second chance on the island'' What the hell does he know?? Maybe untill they all face thier fears, realise thier terrible ways//short comings...then maybe this will unlock a rescue or ...yes im loosing it now :(

And locke telling Shannon ''we all get a second chance on the island'' What the hell does he know?? Maybe untill they all face thier fears, realise thier terrible ways//short comings...then maybe this will unlock a rescue or ...yes im loosing it now :(

Wherever they landed, they had a second chance anyway. Locke doesn't need to know much about the island to say that. They all have a fresh start with a clean slate. He got a second chance. He's just trying to boost morale. Or else he does know everything. Either is possible.

What's the name of that black woman that went into shock a while back? Her husband was on the flight, I think and she said she knew he was alive. I bet he's alive on another part of the island. There must be more survivors. They wouldn't have had her say it if it wasn't significant.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Her name is Rose.

Fridge wrote:
    What's the name of that black woman that went into shock a while back? Her husband was on the flight, I think and she said she knew he was alive. I bet he's alive on another part of the island. There must be more survivors. They wouldn't have had her say it if it wasn't significant.

Maybe her husband is still alive but I assumed it was just shock she was in or back to one of the original theories of them being dead and she knew it. But that idea has been blow outta the water by know I think...

trishw78 wrote:
    Maybe her husband is still alive but I assumed it was just shock she was in or back to one of the original theories of them being dead and she knew it. But that idea has been blow outta the water by know I think...

Ummm....
    you sure about that! ^^

• Advertisement

arrrrrrrgggggghhhhh.... I begining to hate this show... I think it's a love hate thing

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

trishw78 wrote:
    arrrrrrrgggggghhhhh.... I begining to hate this show... I think it's a love hate thing

How dare you!

It's the intrigue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Isnt it obvious whats going on? the Island was indeed visited by Aliens but not recently, maybe severay million years ago! the poor Dinosaurs living there got really pissed-off by the Alians and stole there "Cloaking technology" which is possibly Klingon? this would explain the "invisible" T-Rex prancing around the jungle, as for the polar Bear, that too can be explained by the Aliens who before landing on the island had kidnapped a Mummy & Daddy Polar bear from the South Pole and brought them to the Island millenia ago (for T-Rex to eat presumably)! obviously the Polar bears escaped and had children whos off spring live on the Island to this very day! (inhale) one thing bothers me though :confused: Why didnt the Polar bear use the Cloaking technology for themselves? P.S. (Locke is Not what he seems).

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

ArthurF wrote:
    Isnt it obvious whats going on? the Island was indeed visited by Aliens but not recently, maybe severay million years ago! the poor Dinosaurs living there got really pissed-off by the Alians and stole there "Cloaking technology" which is possibly Klingon? this would explain the "invisible" T-Rex prancing around the jungle, as for the polar Bear, that too can be explained by the Aliens who before landing on the island had kidnapped a Mummy & Daddy Polar bear from the South Pole and brought them to the Island millenia ago (for T-Rex to eat presumably)! obviously the Polar bears escaped and had children whos off spring live on the Island to this very day! (inhale) one thing bothers me though :confused: Why didnt the Polar bear use the Cloaking technology for themselves? P.S. (Locke is Not what he seems).
    That's an incredibly stupid theory... everyone knows polar bears live at the North Pole.

ArthurF wrote:

Thats a joke,right? Because thats probably the worst theory I have heard about the show! lol and terribly wrong as well.

Of course it's a joke.

I was think to myself last night how come hurley's cd player still has batteries untill it was answered in the last few moments....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭loon

i'm a bit confused...

why is everybody dismissing the purgatory theory. surely, in the simplest terms, good vs evil. if you are good but do something bad (but not too bad) or bad and do something amazing (eg save a life) you will have to spend time in purgatory to decide the outcome of your soul.

i also believe that the monster is i fact 'death' or 'god'... you see where i am going with this. those that have already died have had their fates decided, such as boone giving his life to save others, whilst the others are still choosing... with the exception of locke who has actually become possessed by the entity (in a good way). if you concentrate on locke he seems to know too much about the others and is trying to steer them in the right direction, eg charlie is a drug addict, obviously a sin, and locke 'saves' him.

these are just my musings, but if anyone has any ideas/thoughts... :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

The writers already said that the survivors are not in purgatory.

Advertisement