Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US: Lost Theories... *Spoilers*

Options
  • 15-08-2005 11:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭

Theories as discussed on 'Lost Reveled' on E4 on Saturday nite:

1) Plane crash was a wormhole that lead to a different planet.
    2) Island is like "Jurassic Park" and the surviviors are part of an experiment
    3) Survivors are actually dead and are in purgatory.

I was just wondering if anyone else had any ideas or theories. I must admitt All 3 above have at some point past through my mind. But on watching the reveled show the writers said something interesting in every episode there are suttle clues from the books to the comic. I then watched the first episode on E4 and noticed something I hadn't before as we hear the 'Gaint' destroying the forest a random woman says "I recognise that sound I've lived in the Bronks all my life and I know that sound" which also made me think why is it we only ever see it or here it in the rain... So heres my latest theory

Its a machine like a digger or something and it's the tracks on it grating against metal. :confused:

So that's my latest theory anyone else have any intersting thoughts ...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Kazaanova

The purgatory theory is the stupidest theory I've ever heard. Even for a TV show. Its not that it doesnt make sense that bothers me, its that its been blatantly, straight out, denied by nearly everyone whos been asked about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭JP Mulvano

trishw78 wrote:

Its a machine like a digger or something and it's the tracks on it grating against metal. :confused:

I think the purgatory thing, although I'll admit it does make sense, has been discounted a number of times including JJ Abrams the creator of the show. Like it said though it does make sense. I woulndn't rule it out.

also I think someone else on boards said that the mechanical noises were traps or something setup so that the lostie's couldnt get to the inside of the island.

Also I think that we'll see michelle rodigruez again. I can't see them introducing her for only a few minutes and then bogging off.

Cracker of a show though!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

I think Naveen said on the reveled show that'd it be stupid if was... That they'd been through all that only to wake up and it be a dream... I think I saw something like a trap going off in the background of that reveled show...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

How many episodes have you seen, trishw78?

It would be a shame if things were spoiled for you... There is a bit more of Lostzilla shown in the last episodes of season 1... but I'd only want discuss it if you've seen that far..

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭JP Mulvano

Another Bobby Ewing in Dallas, **** that would be frustrating.

I think there's plenty of theories about wormholes and alternative universies and etc etc. But I think in the end it will turn out to be fairly mundane. Well maybe not mundane but certainly not off the wall science fiction crazy explanation.

Maybe some secret government expiriment or something like. I say this because I don't think a mainstream prime time show will ever be something off the wall. I think they'll not want to alienate a prime time audience by going all bizzarre. But hey I could be wrong.

In fact I'd like to be wrong.

• Advertisement

Anyway... my latest idea about Lostzilla is this:

(don't read this if you haven't seen episode 24 and 25)
    We definitely hear mechanical noises from Lostzilla... but then we also have that strange smoke. So perhaps Lostzilla is both mechanical and ethereal. This would tie in with the whole theme of faith versus science that seems to be developing in the show. Perhaps when Locke saw the Lostzilla first he only saw the ethereal part of Lostzilla as he is the person with faith in the island. But when Jack and Locke were there together in episode 25 it was both mechanical and ethereal, which is brought about by Jack's belief in science. This would mean that it's the mechanical part that is evil as Locke was scared in his second encounter with Lostzilla as it wasn't quite the same as before

How many episodes have you seen, trishw78?
    QUOTE]

I've seen pretty much all of them except for last monday's (N2) & I missed the repeat due to BB Final... But I like your theory about faith verus science its very interesting... and I did notice that Locke was suddenly scared of Lostzilla most perplexing ...

well if all else fails we'll have to wait only 4 years to see how it all ends and it's probably a very simple reasonable explaination that we've all over looked due to the human imagination running wild...

I've just had another WILD Theroy... What if they are in a Virtual Reality Game... The year could be sometime in the not to distant future...

Its WILD I know but Human Imagination strikes again I can't help it it won't stop...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

I've just had another WILD Theroy... What if they are in a Virtual Reality Game... The year could be sometime in the not to distant future...
    Haha, like Back To Reality in Red Dwarf :)

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭horseflesh

trishw78 wrote:
    Theories as discussed on 'Lost Reveled' on E4 on Saturday nite:

1) Plane crash was a wormhole that lead to a different planet.
    2) Island is like "Jurassic Park" and the surviviors are part of an experiment

Not sure about travelling to a different planet, but what about some sort of time travel???

trishw78 wrote:
    a random woman says "I recognise that sound I've lived in the Bronks all my life and I know that sound"

Could she have been referring to the Bronx Zoo, and the familiar sound of one of the animals? Is the Bronz Zoo famous for any particular animal(s)?? I've been there, but I don't recall specific animals being more associated with it more than others.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭stevoslice

maybe she was there in a past life?

the island i mean, not the zoo...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

trishw78 wrote:
    I then watched the first episode on E4 and noticed something I hadn't before as we hear the 'Gaint' destroying the forest a random woman says "I recognise that sound I've lived in the Bronks all my life and I know that sound" which also made me think why is it we only ever see it or here it in the rain... So heres my latest theory

yeah noticed that the second time i watched the pilot
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=259717

• Closed Accounts Posts: 744 ✭✭✭angry_fox

If it was a digger wouldn’t they have come across its tracks? What fuel would the digger be using? It also moves to fast for it to be mechanical or man made.....

My theory (rubbish) is that thousands of years ago a huge alien space craft crashed into the ocean, they have sent out probes to capture animals from around the planet (explains the polar bear), over time geological features have developed around it and the inhabitants of the craft have been waiting, watching, preparing for something.

Another of my dumbass theories is that the inhabitants of the island are an advanced form of humans and that maybe the giant creature is a creature from the Paleogene period (Really big mammals were around back then) that have survived.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

I'd say its fairly impossible to tell whats going on in the grand scheme of things after one season. I'm sure they'll try to milk it for a lot longer anyway.

The whole monster thing though is really interesting. I mean I have absolutely no idea what it is and I'm dying to find out :(

I was woken up by a JCB this morning. It sounded nothing like Lostzilla.

How about an underground rail system then? She would have heard that in the Bronx.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 897 ✭✭✭oxygen_old

Any one see it last night? A few clues

On part two of the pilot episode (if I remember correctly) we see Walt reading a comic book he found, that is in Spanish, with a polar bear in it. Later that episode we see the polar bear for the first time (and Lostzilla for that matter). This is after we see the polar bear in the comic book.

Last night Michael throws the comic book in the fire and it burns with the page with polar bear open. Walt looks at the polar bear intently as it burns, later that episode the polar bear re-attacks.

In the flashbacks we see Walt sitting in his house when a bird flies into the window and dies. Walt see this and then returns to his book. About brids.

Also Walts adoptive father doesnt want to look after Walt because he says "Theres something about him,things happen when he is around".

It could be that, even before coming to the Island, Walt has the ability to make things appear from his imaginination. Theres a couple of Stephen King books with a kid in them that can make things appear from his imagination. Not a bad read either.

angry_fox wrote:
    My theory (rubbish) is that thousands of years ago a huge alien space craft crashed into the ocean, they have sent out probes to capture animals from around the planet (explains the polar bear), over time geological features have developed around it and the inhabitants of the craft have been waiting, watching, preparing for something.
    You and your bloody Alien theories I mean it it's getting outta control
    oxygen wrote:
    Last night Michael throws the comic book in the fire and it burns with the page with polar bear open. Walt looks at the polar bear intently as it burns, later that episode the polar bear re-attacks

In the revealed show during the weekend this was mentioned about the comic, we see the pictures in it and then we see the polar bear... But I agree there is something special about Walt.

It'd be easy to get the fuel on to the Island (under water/ground pipes) as they've not fully explored the island only a small part it could be the Area 52 of the Pacific. It exists but deny all knowledge and if these people survived on it then all any government has to do is deny that these people exist... It can be easily done...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Tzetze

Further to the point about "things happening when that kid is around", Locke was teaching Walt to throw a knife against a tree last night. After failed attempts, Locke told him to "picture it happening in your mind, before you try". When Walt succeeded on the next attempt, he said, (paraphrase) "I saw it in my mind, like I was watching it happen, and then it just... happened!"

Spooky kid!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

There's a theory running around that Brian Porter was in league with The Others, or at least that he specifically wanted Michael and Walt to end up on the island. When you think about last night's episode, it makes a kind of sense. Why doesn't Brian bring Walt to America with him - why does he leave him at home with his nanny? Brian virtually forces Micheal to go to Australia, pick up Walt, and then get back on Flight 815. It was Brian who purchased the tickets, and he hands them to Michael in a very specific way that looks a lot like the way the psychic hands Claire her ticket.

The only thing that Brian doesn't predict out of this is Walt taking Vincent with him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 897 ✭✭✭oxygen_old

It takes every ounce of strenght not to go out there and read the dozens on ep guides and spoilers out there on the internet. The internet must be 20% bigger since LOST began. How hard would it have been to broadcast all the episodes at the same time world wide? Not that difficult I would say.

Tzetze wrote:
    Further to the point about "things happening when that kid is around", Locke was teaching Walt to throw a knife against a tree last night. After failed attempts, Locke told him to "picture it happening in your mind, before you try". When Walt succeeded on the next attempt, he said, (paraphrase) "I saw it in my mind, like I was watching it happen, and then it just... happened!"

Spooky kid!
    You see this is why I need to tape and rewatch the episodes thank God for C4 it's true you miss the little things the first time round like the comic and the woman saying the noise was in the Bronx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

oxygen wrote:
    How hard would it have been to broadcast all the episodes at the same time world wide? Not that difficult I would say.
    it would be impossible, not hard.

it's not the movies, where someone distributes a movie world wide and chooses when it's on in the cinema.

TV shows are touted by their producers and tv channels worldwide decide if they want to spend their cash on them, and when.

nobody knew if it was goingto be a hit or not until it was, and something like that is very hard to predict.

I've seen the whole of the first series, and it keeps getting better right till the last second believe me, but i've watched about a dozen pilots this year alone and about 90% of them never even get past the first episode.

it's all a gamble.

one things for sure though, I'll be right at the top of the queue when series 2 starts next year.
    [align=right]13.16.137.11[/align]

I'm begining to think that there is a connection between that comic and the happenings on the island but now that it's destroyed what will be the clues we get to what is going on who knows???

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

have to say those were the three worst ideas from all i have heard. and you hear the monster sound just as the plane is about to crash, so i reckon that where she heard the noise befor. and the monster sound is heard at other time rather than just in the rain.

I never noticed before when the plane crashes... They maybe the worst ideas but I don;'t see you putting any ideas forward...

i didnt mean the ideas people put forward but the "3 best" they said on the show, i was watching it and thinking no they're not they're failry poison, they dont mention Govt experiments, the philadelphia/montauk experiment. many other things - i mean Jurassic Park? what...

also JJ said there are no aliens involved, they are not dead, and that THE? govt know about the island but dont neccessarily own it...

i dont think the comic holds much else but the fact it put the polar bear image in Walts head which may have made it appear.

remember when michael said he would go looking for vincent when it stopped raining and it instantly stopped raining. walt seems to have powers of some sort and i reckon thats why the others wanted him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Washout

can some1 please delete that last post. theres some serious spooilage in there.

Aw that clear up your previous post nicely... I do think there something special about Walt but what does Locke Know and how come he can walk I thought what ever it was, was incurable... the mind boggles

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Washout wrote:
    can some1 please delete that last post. theres some serious spooilage in there.
    Washout, it's been explained before that any thread containing US and SPOILERS in it is for discussion of things that have already been shown in the US, this means all the episodes... the whole point of the US thread titles was to remove the need for the spoiler tags...

If you haven't seen up to the last episode, as has been explained before in the sticky up the top of the page, don't click on it

I take that was you that added the US and Spoilers to the thread I hadn't meant for there to any spoilers... But seeing as C4/E4 are behind us then it was a good heads up

• Advertisement

trishw78 wrote:
    I do think there something special about Walt but what does Locke Know and how come he can walk I thought what ever it was, was incurable... the mind boggles

well they never said anything specific about Lockes condition all we know is he is in a wheelchair for the last 4 years, may not be a physical condition or something. also how did Locke know Walt's and Hurley's name without ever being told. its odd... i think he has been touched by the island in some way..

Advertisement