Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "woo-hoo/anti-moan" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Saw Serenity last night, the movie of Firefly, all of a month and a half before proper release, and it was amazing, and two of the stars were there, and i got autographs and and and....woohoo :)

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

I collected my tickets for america!

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭fade

i spent the day in front of a pc, lookin at crap, woohoo

kill me, please!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭DrIndy

fade wrote:
    i spent the day in front of a pc, lookin at crap, woohoo

kill me, please!!
    stoned?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

heading out to stepside shortly with some friends to a pub, so going to get the glorious 44 bus:)!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

is starbucks in dublin Yet?

yup- dcu and dundrum shopping centre, and soon to be college green.

3 are on tehyr way to rathmines

And theres one in Microsoft out in sandyford. actually as soon as the one on college green opens they'll be getting way too much cash from me :/

so the infestation begins, i wonder how many people it will convert to caffiene haven?!

they do better coffee then cafe mocha....:)!

starbucks_jesus_1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭fade

DrIndy wrote:
    stoned?

i bloody wish! but somehow my better judgement prevents me from smoking drugs if i have to work with hydrofluoric acid. it be nasty stuff arrrrrrrrrr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭DrIndy

Starbucks is great coffee, but expensive, the trouble with starbucks is because they are so good, there is nothing else and thus not much choice.......

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

I've got a gig DJing in Berlin. Boo yah!

What date are you in berlin john? if i'm around i'll come along :)

It'll be the 30th September. Don't know the venue. It's a birthday party/industry do as far as I know (my friend is involved in promoting art events in Berlin and it's her birthday). If you're around I'm sure you can come no bother.

bah - will be just finishing my tour in germany by that stage - i fly out on the 1st october - so wont be there. and i wanted a party :P

i 'm just very happy right now, just had a wonderful time at the cinema and i was in good company :)!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

I just met JIMMY CHAMBERLIN!!! Is this my lucky rockstar-meeting-week or what!!!!!
    Autographed copy of Siamese Dream, and picture with the man himself, i shall treasure you forever..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Pet wrote:
    I just met JIMMY CHAMBERLIN!!! Is this my lucky rockstar-meeting-week or what!!!!!
    Autographed copy of Siamese Dream, and picture with the man himself, i shall treasure you forever..

Where did you meet Jimmy???

I'm assuming after his gig last night

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

John2 wrote:
    I've got a gig DJing in Berlin. Boo yah!

I'm just back from a week in Berlin - i want to marry that city. Or, at least have it's children.

Ok, i'd settle for living there. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Yes berlin is kewl.. I prefer brussels but only slightly. Goin there soon. Travelling is just great in general.

John2 wrote:
    I'm assuming after his gig last night
    Correct.

Oh, and Berlin is a great party city, which kinda surprised me..but it's no Edinburgh. :D

Pet wrote:
    Correct.

Oh, and Berlin is a great party city, which kinda surprised me..but it's no Edinburgh. :D

aggreed, although i duno if it was Paris vd Edinburgh, id say Paris cos i love all the art galleries there :), the louve/ musea d'orsay/ Montmarte:rolleyes:...

No, Paris would win for me too..I don't think Edinburgh has anything that could compare to Montparnasse, but the fact is, I speak German and not French, so Edinburgh is just more convenient.

I'd go with Berlin over Paris, just by a small margin but both would be ahead of Edinburgh which is good but it wouldn't be anywhere in my top 5

(Berlin
    Paris
    Gdansk
    New York
    London)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭punka

off to greece tomorrow. woo hoo! :D

started work in tcd today as a fresher registration packer, we all spent 3 hours sitting around eatting chocolate hob nobs and drinking coffee :), i love being a student, are students in general a crowd of dossers?!
    iv been put in charge of the health faculty, imagine there's 170 places this year for the meds and i have to pack every single letter for them!

we were also instucted not to put any post-its with smiley faces in the letters of anyone we know, which is very tempting if you know the person ;)

Buzzkill.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

i got a new pair of boots - woo hoo! :)

• Advertisement

It's friday, just ate a giant choc chip cookie from Marks and Spencers and work let me off at 3 although im paid till 5!:)

also the fellas at work showed me how to play texas hold em up poker !

Advertisement