Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rig Up Inflames

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

Dude, my condolonces on your loss.... whens the funeral :D

hehehe, well i was actually gonna attempt a ressurection when i get my hands on a graphics card to test it.

and yeh galwaydude18 - i was ripped off twice on ebay last year - also of €1000, got 500 of it back of paypal though so wasnt too bad. And its true, its only money...no big deal.. money lasts all of 10seconds, hehee

• Registered Users Posts: 27,134 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

SyxPak wrote:
    I'm surprised that there isn't someone flogging such a piece of kit already.
    My beQuiet! PSU says on for a few minutes (and powers all the case fans hooked up to it) after I have switched of the computer.
    Helps to dissipate any residual heat in the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Yes, but what I'm trying to describe goes a bit beyond that.
    Basically a safe and [hopefully] fool-proof way of ensuring that the cooling setup won't kill your machine.

I'm actually kind of surprised that GPUs don't shut themselves down/clock back when they get too hot.
    Most of them have on-die thermal diodes, surely they could take a leaf from the past 3 years of CPU safety tech?

SyxPak wrote:

I'm actually kind of surprised that GPUs don't shut themselves down/clock back when they get too hot.
    Most of them have on-die thermal diodes, surely they could take a leaf from the past 3 years of CPU safety tech?

yeh i do agree, reminds me of the old athlons that useed to just overheat to 100's of degrees then just burnout

just wana thank the guys that are helping me get some replacement hardware that got burnt - you know who you are. Thanks lads and for all the support of everyone too. Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

Well, that's what "rigs" do:
    210354-1f1.3.jpg

rsynnott wrote:
    Well, that's what "rigs" do:

hahahah, i like it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭bushy...

hi i have a video where some german lads wondered what would happen if u pulled the cooler off a cpu running half-life .....etc the pentiums went to near 40 deg. and shutdown etc the athlons went to 350 (C)and melted the board ..i did have a p2/slackware box in the attic for year n no probs tho,would always ask when i phoned herself "how was things" though...

bushy... wrote:
    hi i have a video where some german lads wondered what would happen if u pulled the cooler off a cpu running half-life .....etc the pentiums went to near 40 deg. and shutdown etc the athlons went to 350 (C)and melted the board ..i did have a p2/slackware box in the attic for year n no probs tho,would always ask when i phoned herself "how was things" though...

yep that vid was on toms hardware, i remeber seeing it also, crazy

well ati sent me the rma number, so the x800pro is off to them next week - will cost €60 to courier to them, but hey its worth it if i get a replacement, and i dont see why they wont as the last time i rma'd it it was visibly scratched. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭Mec-a-nic

Hey, at least you didn't take a knife to a brand new $1100 FX-57 CPU....

http://amdzone.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=6223

The owner now has a very expensive (and small) paperweight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

http://amdzone.com/modules.php?op=m...iewtopic&t=6223

Ahh, thats just sh1te to read, why must people fiddle. Its like buying a ferrari enzo and then sending it to pimp my ride, just REALLY not necessary :rolleyes: . Deserves it IMO.

Mec-a-nic wrote:

http://amdzone.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=6223

wow, that guys just really crazy, even i'd never attempt to take the heatspreader off a cpu. That makes me feel a tiny bit better seeing that there are worse than me, lol

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

would have been feckin cheaper to buy a vapochill!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

But not as much FUN!!! :D

WizZard wrote:
    But not as much FUN!!! :D

hehehhe, too true :)

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭jessy

have been away from boards for a while so only after seening this thread now, sorry for the loss but as most people have said it could have been worse.

jessy wrote:
    have been away from boards for a while so only after seening this thread now, sorry for the loss but as most people have said it could have been worse.

cheers man, thanks

hehehe, good news . Ati replaced my x800. So I have a brand new x800pro. I am going to stick it in my machine tonight hopefully and see if my rig is dead or not :D .

Hmm..??? I wonder will joining the contacts on this card open up the extra 4 pipelines.. didnt work on my last one, mite work on this one... I'l have to give it a shot. heheheh ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

Congrats. You lucky devil!

• Advertisement

WizZard wrote:
    Congrats. You lucky devil!

thats 2nd rma from them, not luck really. They will rma if it doesnt work and isnt VERY visibly damaged :p

looks like mobo is knackered, switched on pc and no disaplay at all and it is a new gfx so not that thats the problem, the green light is on the mobo though, dont know if that meens anything though. ordered a new mobo from ebay, should be here next week, really hope it was the mobo as it wasnt cheap , very hard to comeby sk8vs these days

another cool thing i managed to get from england was a chrome sleeving kit, looks cool, il post pics when i get around to sleeving the psu

Advertisement