Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rig Up Inflames

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

SyxPak wrote:
    I don't suppose you had your PC set to power on after AC loss did you?

And why didn't you have the PC psu and the WC psu PS-ON pins connected?

Your PC lived and died by the watery sword smile.gif

it "should" have been set to power off after ac loss but im not 100% on that. And i dont think it wass the WC that caused this, looks like a faulty part or something

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Geez, thats harsh.

You act like its no big deal, If I lost my x800 and other parts in a mystery fire I'd be absolutely raging (no pun there lol)

I do, however, leave my PC on 24/7 - hasn't been turned off in several weeks. Maybe its time to actually turn the beast off before I go to sleep...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

Jaysus if that woz my rig id be going absolutly ape s***e!

Jaysus if that woz my rig id be going absolutly ape s***e![/QUOTE

no point really as whats done is done, no point stressing over it, il just be cautious in the future,

and SyxPak can u send me instructions on how to have the PC psu and the WC psu PS-ON pins connected as it would be handy for the future rig.

well im gonna test all the parts and see whats working tonight and sell the undamaged ones (the ones that werent affected at all)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭mp3guy

Your comp could have booted up by the network, check if network power on is enabled in the BIOS. I've seen my PC just boot up on its own for no reason before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Man that sucks. It could have been a lot worse though. I don't suppose you know any fire detectives who can trace how fires started? Hehe it would be interesting to know. I know these kind of events are really rare but it would put you off using water cooling. I'd only use a non conductive liquid if I was to use it.

BloodBath wrote:
    Man that sucks. It could have been a lot worse though. I don't suppose you know any fire detectives who can trace how fires started? Hehe it would be interesting to know. I know these kind of events are really rare but it would put you off using water cooling. I'd only use a non conductive liquid if I was to use it.

but the whole point being it probably wasnt the watercooling that did it as the water tank was near full after the fire, the tubing was still intact, not 1 hole or tear in it, just the waterblock was melted and leaking after the fire

• Registered Users Posts: 13,749 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

We want pics :o)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,749 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Having had a chance to look at it what's the assessment? - Mobo didn't look to healthy, and alot of sooty sh!t everywhere......

• Advertisement

Inquitus wrote:
    Having had a chance to look at it what's the assessment? - Mobo didn't look to healthy, and alot of sooty sh!t everywhere......

well audigy 2 is defo gone, threw that in the bin, im gonna test the x800 and the pc later, maybe tomorrow, pretty busy at the moment

ok well mach 2 is fine it gets to -40 odd and keeps the temp, the psu seems fine as it is supplying voltage and pc boots but no visual - so either cpu, mobo or x800 are gone or all of them :(
    gonna try the x800 on another pc now in a mo

not to bad though, cool

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

You're a crap photographer by the looks of those photos.

John

Lump wrote:
    You're a crap photographer by the looks of those photos.

John

ah il blame it on the camera ;)

good news the x800 is dead which may mean everything else is intact, i can rma the x800 like i did lastime when i modded the athlon xp hsf on to it and scratched the card. Ati are pretty cool about rmaing stuff

request for the rma of the x800pro has been sent off anyway, have to pay €60 to get it couriered to canada, but hey thats not too bad

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Irishpimpdude

no damage to the monitor then? are you keeping it for your new rig??

no damage to the monitor then? are you keeping it for your new rig??

ah yeh monitors fine , i will be keeping it. I will probably be selling the x800pro if they give me a replacement, so it will be a brand new one if anyone is interested, gonna invest in something with more power, lets hope crossfire is out soon

how for the x800 much gline?

how for the x800 much gline?

well i was just looking at prices there and the cheapest i can see one for new is about €300 and thats by getting it in the USA, komplett is roughly the same, so id say roughly €200, but i dnt know, as i dnt know wether ati will rma it again for me

kk i need to invest some money in this computer after i go to ibiza, its so crap lol! do you know alot about pc's gline??? if so could you help me out in the topic i made????

• Advertisement

kk i need to invest some money in this computer after i go to ibiza, its so crap lol! do you know alot about pc's gline??? if so could you help me out in the topic i made????

what topic is that??? sure il help u out and im sure most the guys+gals on this forum will to

Thanks man i havent had any help yet though :(http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=280387

Thanks man i havent had any help yet though :(http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=280387

it looks like ur gettin plenty of help from the lads

yeah getting help now lol just after i posted in this thread :o

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

but the whole point being it probably wasnt the watercooling that did it as the water tank was near full after the fire, the tubing was still intact, not 1 hole or tear in it, just the waterblock was melted and leaking after the fire

Hmmm it is the most likely suspect though. It would only take one or 2 drops of water in the right place to start something.

BloodBath wrote:
    Hmmm it is the most likely suspect though. It would only take one or 2 drops of water in the right place to start something.

yeh its possible, by looking at the parts i think i may know what happened. The pc didnt shutdown properly (you know the way it hangs on the windows shutting down screen), the watercooling pump was switched off, the gpu overheated and melted the gpu block causing water to drip onto the audigy 2 zs causing the fire

i think that is maybe what happened judging by the way the gpublock was melted

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭mp3guy

gline wrote:
    The pc didnt shutdown properly (you know the way it hangs on the windows shutting down screen)

Once again, microsoft responsible for an atrocity :rolleyes:

mp3guy wrote:
    Once again, microsoft responsible for an atrocity :rolleyes:

hehee :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

Do you manually shut off the PSU for the watercooling stuff?

Nasty!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,564 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

it's usually some stupid third party driver that prevents shutdowns. I also had a problem using Norton AV, wouldn't let the pc shut down, using AVG free now instead.

Advertisement