Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Asylum/Oldskool thread

Options

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

One of my favourite trance tunes..

Renegade Legion - The Weeping Waste

http://www.mediafire.com/?bzmlor12eou

http://www.discogs.com/release/44964

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Johnnyd1977

SEANYBOY1 wrote: »

I know its not where your from Johnny but its down the road a bit, did you ever know anyone from Dundrum that used to go to the Olympic?
    no mate can't say i do, never made it to the olympic myself:(, funny you mentioned dundrum cos im up in sandyford now a few years
    I've fond memories of dame lane, scored 2 doves one night and just as i was handed them the old bill were straight over but managed to drop swallow them, they search i got was un natural, but after 20 mins they let me go cos they could prove nothin:D, needless to say that was a stomper of a night in sides dc:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭antoinb

I know its not where your from Johnny but its down the road a bit, did you ever know anyone from Dundrum that used to go to the Olympic?

Used to party with the guys from Dundrum/Ballinteer Centre of the Balcony up over the doors in the Olympic ,then Sides and the Asylum.
    Great nights out with great lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭DjAloldskool

No way DjAloldskool see them trips the Purple Ohms, well thats what me and the mates knew them as.
    The number 3 with the tail and hat. Completely forgot about them. They were before the strawberries. They were unbelievable. I'm sure they were the first acid I ever done, in school. We used to get them in Oliver Bond along with the hash.
    One of my mates eat a piece of cigarette foil paper from a cigatette box that was used to wrapped up a load of them thinking ,ah I might get something out of this. Well he did, he had to be hosed down at the local garage, he was in bits for ages the poor fella:D

Never done them ,
    don't look like much, but then look is'ent everything
    there us to be Bannanas aswell, the list goes on.......

Its taking f**king forever to upload them to mediafire,
    but wort the wait, you can get mad out of it listening to them

I'am off in a few mins, to have a few beers and to get mad out of it......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭SEANYBOY1

antoinb wrote: »

Used to party with the guys from Dundrum/Ballinteer Centre of the Balcony up over the doors in the Olympic ,then Sides and the Asylum.
    Great nights out with great lads.

That was were a load of us from Tallaght used to be, beside all those from Dundrum/Ballinteer. I knew most of them and still actually see a couple from time to time. Any names? Wouldn't be surprised if we have crossed paths.

antoinb wrote: »

That was were a load of us from Tallaght used to be, beside all those from Dundrum/Ballinteer. I knew most of them and still actually see a couple from time to time. Any names? Wouldn't be surprised if we have crossed paths.

A lot of my mates I used to go to sides with , were from tallaght,
    they were from Oldbawn, & Jobstown,
    we probley met in sides, years ago....

I'am from the city center myself...

I was going to upload 11 tunes from sides asylum,
    but its taking to long, I have to go and get out of it.
    heres the five I got uploaded ,
    Enjoy.

Space Brothers - Ascension - unreleased

http://www.mediafire.com/?zgmgstcmdau

Desert Storm - Desert Storm

http://www.mediafire.com/?ehmrpydozyt

Gemni 4 - Jump

http://www.mediafire.com/?xixqzftcihy

Invader - Invader

http://www.mediafire.com/?xcbe1byw3yd

Art Of Trance - Gloria

http://www.mediafire.com/?adg51mdwidy

I'am not sure if the track Gemni 4 is the right name for that track,
    cause I have a white lable with no name on it,
    If someone could tell me if its right,

I have to go and have a beer ...

A lot of my mates I used to go to sides with , were from tallaght,
    they were from Oldbawn, & Jobstown,
    we probley met in sides, years ago....

I'am from the city center myself...

Didi u know Gary Tyrell, Raggy and there was another one from Oldbawn. They went to Olympic and Asylum, dont know about Sides. I knew a few from Jobstown aswell but can't think of any names. One fella was thin, we all were, with glasses. I was only in Sides the once, I was too dedicated to Olympic and Asylum. Bouncers really turned me off, but I know it was a good spot, ud kill for it today.

I was going to upload 11 tunes from sides asylum,
    but its taking to long, I have to go and get out of it.
    heres the five I got uploaded ,
    Enjoy.

Invader - Invader

Fair play to ya man, cracking tunes
    I used to suffer from clattering teeth syndrome lol, and the bird i was with at the time bought me a whistle to stop it and any time in sides when mick walsh would drop this i'd be bopping around like a lunatic wrecking heads with the whistle:D, up and down on the top floor, make some ****in noise lol:pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement

If any of youse remember the Olympic you will remember people going around with soothers in their mouths so as not to break your teeth, (one night in the Asylum I did break half of a back tooth:eek:)and the eyes rolling in the back of the head and the whack of Olbais oil through out the place. And the odd person with the dust mask full of vicks:D:D
    And the head bangers with the air horns letting them off over the balcony to a screaming crowd down below:D:D

I've been following this thread all night now.....just found a dove in the gaff..............these replies could get messy, blow that whistle blow that whistle blow that whistle:D

Didi u know Gary Tyrell, Raggy and there was another one from Oldbawn. They went to Olympic and Asylum, dont know about Sides. I knew a few from Jobstown aswell but can't think of any names. One fella was thin, we all were, with glasses. I was only in Sides the once, I was too dedicated to Olympic and Asylum. Bouncers really turned me off, but I know it was a good spot, ud kill for it today.

I use to know, Robbie the beast , Morty , Morgan, Paul kernan,
    from tallaght,
    any time we were up in Tallaght at a party , there was a DJ from Ringsend there , not sure of his name,
    small black haired guy, Billy from Abbey Discs use to know him,
    He was f**king Brill....

If any of youse remember the Olympic you will remember people going around with soothers in their mouths so as not to break your teeth, (one night in the Asylum I did break half of a back tooth:eek:)and the eyes rolling in the back of the head and the whack of Olbais oil through out the place. And the odd person with the dust mask full of vicks:D:D
    And the head bangers with the air horns letting them off over the balcony to a screaming crowd down below:D:D

My teeth are worn down by grinding them, when I was mad out of it,
    A lot of my mates teeth are chiped from the old "e"...

My teeth are worn down by grinding them, when I was mad out of it,
    A lot of my mates teeth are chiped from the old "e"...
    any time i go to the dentist she keeps askin what happened to my teeth? sure i grind them in my sleep love:)

I use to know, Robbie the beast , Morty , Morgan, Paul kernan,
    from tallaght,
    any time we were up in Tallaght at a party , there was a DJ from Ringsend there , not sure of his name,
    small black haired guy, Billy from Abbey Discs use to know him,
    He was f**king Brill....

Know one of them names alright. They started in the Olympic towards the tail end.

any time i go to the dentist she keeps askin what happened to my teeth? sure i grind them in my sleep love:)

:D:D:D:D:D:DLOLLOLLOL:D:D:D:D:pac::pac::pac:

To be honest its a known fact that dentists are a bit touched!

I've been following this thread all night now.....just found a dove in the gaff..............these replies could get messy, blow that whistle blow that whistle blow that whistle:D

Mmmmmmmmmmm you found one eah! Suppose you wouldn't split it, a dove never flew on one wing:D:D

Seriously though my mate found an apple a few weeks ago in his drawer.
    Have to get of this bastardin laptop:D

Mmmmmmmmmmm you found one eah! Suppose you wouldn't split it, a dove never flew on one wing:D:D

Seriously though my mate found an apple a few weeks ago in his drawer.
    Have to get of this bastardin laptop:D
    Last bus into town anyone?

Know one of them names alright. They started in the Olympic towards the tail end.

No Way ,
    I'am From Saint Teresas Gardens,Myself,

but a lot of my mates are from Tallaght.

• Advertisement

No Way ,
    I'am From Saint Teresas Gardens,Myself,

but a lot of my mates are from Tallaght.

So Tallaght and Townies do mix mmmmm...:D

77 Bus, get off at Kevin Street, go down to Pleasant Street, hang on the bastards built a block of apartments:eek::eek:
    But hang on, the middle is a landscaped area, mmmmmmm....anyone got decks handy:D:D:D

I know where to pick them,
    It's in Tallaght, in the moutains,
    I can draw a map to field, where you can pick them,
    I can tell you what to look for,
    the brown nipple type mushrooms
    the only problem is you have to wait till October,
    thats when they come into season...

Does'ent mater where your from, when your in sides, it's allways a good night

they get ripe bout 3rd week in sept up in johnny foxes, best bet takin a long weekend:D, anyone going electric picnic?

I Remember one night I was in sides,
    there was 3 Japanies Girls in there having a good time,
    I think they heard the music and thaught it was a ok club,
    I think they where on holidays here,
    They where mad bitches,

Does anyone remember the 3 japanies Girls in sides, one night ????

They where in the wrong F**king Club....

77 Bus, get off at Kevin Street, go down to Pleasant Street, hang on the bastards built a block of apartments:eek::eek:
    But hang on, the middle is a landscaped area, mmmmmmm....anyone got decks handy:D:D:D

I'll Bring the Decks, lets have a party!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

did they not indulge in dublins finest? (cough cough) music club?:pac::pac::pac:

Laters lads!

Laters lads!
    Don't be gettin any ideas bout paying 5quid at the door lads, lol, happy raving:pac:

• Advertisement

can't believe i sold myself a white dud! lol, as if......:pac::pac::pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement