Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slayer!!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Son_of_Belial

Lol, we should invent some sort of boards.ie secret handshake or something equally nerdy! I like metal anyway and last night was a blast so I'm looking forward to working tonight's gig as well.
    radical%20metal%20sign.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭RedRaven

I'm working at it again tonight - I'll probably be posted where I was last night again, so if you see a smallish bouncer on the disabled ramp next to the gent's toilets on the ground floor with black hair and glasses, that's me, so come say hello, so long as you don't block the access to the ramp that is ;)
    I heard your gonna get posted in the toilet to hand out jackroll, right man for the job if you ask me!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

RedRaven wrote:
    I heard your gonna get posted in the toilet to hand out jackroll, right man for the job if you ask me!!!:D
    Erm, there's a black guy in the loo's for that.

Also, Son_of_Belial, cheers for minding my pint (I was one of those who left it on the ledge next to the ramp) :)

the_syco wrote:

Also, Son_of_Belial, cheers for minding my pint (I was one of those who left it on the ledge next to the ramp) :)
    Very true my man, but the black guy hands out paper towels to dry your hands, Son of Belial will be handing out jacksroll!!!!:D

RedRaven wrote:
    No one did ask you. Take it easy, I was only joking "back" there. flamed.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

How easy do you think it will be to get a ticket tonight with all yhe young'uns
    being rejected?

the_syco wrote:

You're welcome... Though to be honest there were so many pints left there that I couldn't keep track of who was who... Mental! I was shattered by the end of the night and can expect more of the same tonight! Grrr.

Beekay wrote:
    being rejected?
    P1ss easy

No one did ask you. Take it easy, I was only joking "back" there. flamed.gif
    Do you mean "no one asked you"!!!:D

I thought you were up for a bit of craic, youre a bit sensitive for a bouncer!!!:D

Beekay wrote:
    being rejected?
    I think you will get a ticket no problem dude, there were a least 20 kids outside who couldnt get in, felt really bad for them ya know, if some f**ker told me when i was 16 that i couldnt see Slayer Id be raging for weeks after!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

RedRaven wrote:
    I think you will get a ticket no problem dude, there were a least 20 kids outside who couldnt get in, felt really bad for them ya know, if some f**ker told me when i was 16 that i could see Slayer Id be raging for weeks after!!!!
    Yeah i felt bad aswell.Luckily i turned 18 recently and i'd say i was one of the youngest in there.

Beekay wrote:
    Yeah i felt bad aswell.Luckily i turned 18 recently and i'd say i was one of the youngest in there.
    Lucky you man take as much of the atmosphere in as you can Slayer wont be around for ever, many a kid have i seen pissed as **** outside a gig have fallen asleep before it starts and waking up at the end missing the entire show!!!

Enjoy the gig dude!!!

RedRaven wrote:
    Do you mean "no one asked you"!!!:D

I thought you were up for a bit of craic, youre a bit sensitive for a bouncer!!!:D
    Well I don't like people saying things about my mother. I'm not at all violent but comments disparaging my mother often get people punched.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

I'm not at all violent but comments disparaging my mother often get people punched.

So you are often violent then?

Well I don't like people saying things about my mother. I'm not at all violent but comments disparaging my mother often get people punched.
    Ok then I will see you tonite then, and you can have the first shot!!!

What do ya say Mr. Violent!!!:D

Hmm, see I'm not allowed to throw the first punch. I can throw you out though, how about that?

Doctor J wrote:
    So you are often violent then?
    Lol, no fair! No, I'm not. I guess I mean that the last person who said something about my mother got a dig. Which was a while ago mind you.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭sickle

Son_of_Belial is asking for a hiding tonight,giving out your position to everyone on boards,tut tut! throw pints at him!!
    ill be working there too but i aint telling where i am. mwaaah!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

One guy was walking up and down, and anybody that looked young, he said to them "Hi, are you over 18? I'm from MCD, and unless you have ID, you won't get in. It says so on your ticket!"

And then there were the touts. One guy was walking up, asking for tickets. the next asking does anyone want a ticket. Truely comical when they walked side by side, one asking for tickets, the other offering them!

That's funny! Yeah, looks like there'll be a queue of <18s who won't be getting in. Oh dear.

• Advertisement

Sickle wrote:
    Son_of_Belial is asking for a hiding tonight,giving out your position to everyone on boards,tut tut! throw pints at him!!
    ill be working there too but i aint telling where i am. mwaaah!
    Gee, thanks! I know who you are though! What you think of the gig last night Sickle? Were you working last night? Anyway, chances are good we'll be posted elsewhere. besides, for all anyone knows I just picked out some security guard at the gig last night and I'm just pretending I'm him... Didn't think of that, huh? So now you've just told everyone to throw pints over some randomer for no reason! I'd hate to be one of your colleagues! ;)

ear plugs? god you were lucky! my ears are still buzzing....
    (nobody loves me enough to give me earplugs)

Ask the EMT Doctor. Large bald dude with a white top and stethoscope.

besides, for all anyone knows I just picked out some security guard at the gig last night and I'm just pretending I'm him... Didn't think of that, huh? So now you've just told everyone to throw pints over some randomer for no reason! I'd hate to be one of your colleagues! ;)
    ah but you know too much...
    and dont worry,we will all get pints throw over us,its just that type of gig.
    mmm how i love going home soaked in drink.
    good gig though wasn't it!

Yeah it was, I'm looking forward to tonight now. Better get ready in a few minutes actually. Where were you?! (Rhetorical!) I got no pints thrown over me! I did rip my black pants though cos I had to help with some guy getting kicked out and he grabbed my back pocket and rrrip!! Ah well. Good job I have a spare pair of kacks!

Hmm, see I'm not allowed to throw the first punch. I can throw you out though, how about that?
    How are you gonna throw me out when youre knocked the f**k out!!!!

And p.s. You never know i might be working there too!!!

RedRaven wrote:
    How are you gonna throw me out when youre knocked the f**k out!!!!

And p.s. You never know i might be working there too!!!
    From your other posts I know you're not, and secondly even if you did knock me out about three or four other guys much bigger than me would hop on you and they'd throw you out. Grow up pal, seriously. If "your ma" insults and "I'll knock you out" is the best you can do you have some serious issues. If you come near me tonight I'll just ignore you so don't embarrass yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

*just in*

Kerry King was just spotted in Sentinel Records in Temple Bar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭gokgok

Yeah it was, I'm looking forward to tonight now. Better get ready in a few minutes actually. Where were you?! (Rhetorical!) I got no pints thrown over me! I did rip my black pants though cos I had to help with some guy getting kicked out and he grabbed my back pocket and rrrip!! Ah well. Good job I have a spare pair of kacks!

Did many people get thrown out?
    Some bouncer warned my mate for crowd surfing and another for jumping about which is a bit **** because if anyone fell every stoped to pick them up. You'd never have seen bouncers do that in the Top Hat. I think the crowds have mellowed aswell or the kids don't rock as hard.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

They're not allowed. Anyone having a good time jumping about was singled out by the torch and told to stop enjoying themselves. FFS, imagine people releasing energy at a Slayer gig, tut tut tut :rolleyes:

Advertisement