Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slayer!!!

Options
  • 13-06-2005 11:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭

Need i say anymore????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭robbie1876

Beekay wrote:
    anymore????
    Enlighten us

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

Extremely f**king great gig.The sound was great,the mood was perfect.
    And i got one of Kerry Kings plecs.

P.s. im goin tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭0utshined

Slayer were great as usual but I was a bit disappointed with Mastodon, they were only on for 30 mins! I would have loved to see more of them. They gave it loads even though they did have a bit of a "support slot sound". It looked like one of the guitarists was having trouble with his amp at the start as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Damn sweet gig. Saw Stevenk, and also I think Matthewthebig. Matthewthebig: hows the shoulder? You came down pretty hard from that crowd surfing!

Anyhoo's, got 2 disposable camera's, one for each band. Wasted the second one too soon, as there was some lovely shots to be taken later on, but ah well. I hope to get into town on Wednesday to get them put onto a CD, then I'll post them up Wednesday night.

=-=

The first band were pretty good, but the energy from Slayer was great. Angel of Death, [size=-1]Mandatory Suicide, [/size][size=-1]Necrophiliac, [/size][size=-1]Raining Blood, to name but a few.[/size]..

The stage was where the "slope bit" would usually be, and the mosh pit stretched from the left to the right in a good few of the songs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

Fuc.king A

that is all.

Mastadon owned!

Slayer were in a word..................emmmmmmmmmmmm......................Fuc.king A

• Advertisement

Actually, think I saw you there the_syco. When I was queuing to get in there was a tall lad with a shaved head except for a bit on the back outside having a smoke. Looked a bit like the pic that used to be in your signature.

It was a shame all those young lads were stuck outside wasn't it? Does anyone know if they got in in the end?

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Son_of_Belial

They didn't. They were underage.

I was working security at it - I was on the disabled ramp beside the gent's toilet's on the ground floor. Black hair with glasses. I'll probably be posted there tomorrow as well so come say hi if anyone's going tomorrow!

Oh, and if I was a prick to anyone I apologise. It's my job you see. It's nothing personal. ;)

That's a shame, there was a fair few of them hanging about.

Probably all headed over to Fibbers. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

oh man, I was one of the last ppl inot the place but I was VERY close to Tom Araya (1 and a half ppl away) for the whole gig!!!!! I pity those ppl who queued for hours and were behind me! its an asshole thing to say, but I am ****faced! so I don't care, and a mate of mine caught Jeff Hanneman's plek

Oh, and if I was a prick to anyone I apologise. It's my job you see. It's nothing personal. ;)

Ha ha,

Actually security seemed friendly enough at it. Maybe I'm just getting old....

Lol, OK. I know I did yell at one or two people who wouldn't do as they were told, and it wasn't just because the music was so loud either!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

security can never stop the fans! just join in man :)

Man crowd sudfing then flipping off the fuc.king sercuity was so so so much fun!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,628 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

That was a bit amazing wasn't it?
    I had a seated ticket but we were more or less front row centre so it was absolutely fantastic.

highlights anyone??

i reckon its Dead Skin Mask,
    although all the big ones were fantastic.

highlight?

all of it

or me falling off the crowdsurf and ****ing up my back

or my mate getting kicked out for being too "extreme"

• Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

0utshined wrote:
    Actually, think I saw you there the_syco. When I was queuing to get in there was a tall lad with a shaved head except for a bit on the back outside having a smoke. Looked a bit like the pic that used to be in your signature.
    Yep, that was me. Man, there was a Q till about 8:15pm, I'd say! People just kept coming!

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭RedRaven

Beekay wrote:
    Need i say anymore????
    Dude Ive seen slayer a F**k load of times and it never gets boring, every time those song are played live the hairs raise on your arms and up your back, They F**kin Rock!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭gokgok

I'm in a bit of pain today. Great crowd. What was the story with the bouncers on the balcony shining the torch on people that got a bit excited. I thought they onlt did that in the point.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

Sound was ****e - typical Ambassador sound

Mastadon - too short

Slayer rocked

Highlights - when the sound died before Dead Skin Mask and that they played "At Dawn They Sleep"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭verdidnt

That was my 5th time seeing them and also the best slayer gig i've been to. I was pretty surprised by the sound in the ambassador, I thought it was ok. Usually it's pretty bad and the volume is well low but it was cool last night.

I thought for ages there were going to play the whole reign in blood album cos they hadn't played any songs from it until they played postmortem towards the end.

Highlights for me were War ensemble, (Dave Lombardo is a legend!!), Dead Skin Mask, Silent Scream and born of fire.

Was hoping they would play 'Live undead' but it was not to be

• Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭Ancient1

Wow.

I'm still reeling ..... :)

RedRaven wrote:
    Dude Ive seen slayer a F**k load of times and it never gets boring, every time those song are played live the hairs raise on your arms and up your back, They F**kin Rock!!!!!
    Eww, you have back hair?!

gokgok wrote:
    I'm in a bit of pain today. Great crowd. What was the story with the bouncers on the balcony shining the torch on people that got a bit excited. I thought they onlt did that in the point.
    That's cos the security at the Ambassador last night also work the point. It attracts the attention of the other security guards on the ground like myself who can get to the spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,533 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Damn me not having enough money for a ticket. Dunno when ill get the chance to see them now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Goin to see em tonight...cant f00kin wait..
    SLAYOOOOORRRRRR!!!!

I'm working at it again tonight - I'll probably be posted where I was last night again, so if you see a smallish bouncer on the disabled ramp next to the gent's toilets on the ground floor with black hair and glasses, that's me, so come say hello, so long as you don't block the access to the ramp that is ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

lol will do belial. If you see a tall skinhead with glasses giving you metal sign, its me lol \m/ :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭RedRaven

Eww, you have back hair?!
    Yeah dude you mum loves it!!!!

You might get some one day when your balls eventually drop!!!

Advertisement