Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Listowel Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Guiney103

listowel8 wrote: »
    I am an ex classmate of teddy and the last address i had for him is 152 brompton rd.Garden city.Long Island.new york.11530.Hope this helps.

Thanks Listowel 8, I used to know him from the band, met his brother, I think his name was James in Nj a long time ago. Remember his Dad working for the Dock Enright. I come from up the Smerla Bridge road. Did room at Leahy's corner house when I worked out of the town in the 60's. I visited Jim and Mary Coogan on a visit home some years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Cherry Tree

Guiney103 wrote: »
    Thanks Listowel 8, I used to know him from the band, met his brother, I think his name was James in Nj a long time ago. Remember his Dad working for the Dock Enright. I come from up the Smerla Bridge road. Did room at Leahy's corner house when I worked out of the town in the 60's. I visited Jim and Mary Coogan on a visit home some years ago.
    You must have some stories!
    We, at North Kerry Reaching Out should love to hear them. We are collecting old memorabilia, stories, memories, photographs etc. We intend to pass them on to future generations on the internet.
    I have sent you a private message to your Boards.ie inbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭J.R.

hbs271 wrote: »
    Hello everyone, I have a question I was wondering if you could answer. I will be living in Ireland for part of the summer as an exchange student. I will be staying with a host family in Gortnamich, Listowel, Co. Kerry. Where is Gortnamich and what does that exactly refer to? I'm curious if it is an area or street name or a different town all together? Can anyone help me out?

It is the name of a townland in the countryside outside Listowel town.

type - Gortnaminsh, Co. Kerry - into Google maps and you'll see its location.

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭Lovely writer

Church Newsletter

For some reason unable to send private message on here...... M, check your F.B. private message.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭mikehn

[IMG][/img]103_5602.jpg
    [IMG][/img]103_5601.jpg

Was in Listowel today at Mckennas hardware and took these pictures as I passed - is that the place you mean.:)

A24.jpg
    A23.jpg
    I this corner resturant,the former Jack Leahy's corner house? If it is, I used to sleep inside the top window by the corner during the week when I worked for a contractor in 1963.
    I am pretty sure it is what I think, across from Robert Moloney's shop and next door to Chutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭UpTheAshes

Guiney103 wrote: »
    Looking for Info on Teddy Moloney who used to play with the Bunny Dalton Band. First time on here excuse me if I am in wrong part.

FYI: there is a photo of a very young Teddy Moloney on page 30 of this thread. There are also a couple of his father, Jimmy "The Chum" Moloney on page 30.

Church Newsletter

Church Newsletter

• Advertisement

Church Newsletter

Church Newsletter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭ldxo15wus6fpgm

I know it's very early but would anyone here be able to tell me who to ask about working the race meet in September?

Church Newsletter

Church Newsletter

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭AnBealBocht

Church Newsletter

My heart is saddened to learn of the death of John Lynch. My deepest sympathy.

I hope all went well with Writers' Week.
    And, the IEC 2012 at the RDS and at Croke Park, was generously covered out here by EWTN/Eternal Word Television Network by means of a ' feed ' provided, I think, by RTE.

I have no difficulty in putting up the church newsletter on the Listowel thread. It usually gets about 25 or 30 hits.

Church Newsletter

Church Newsletter

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Prop Joe

Looking for somewhere nice for a romantic meal,Any suggestions?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

Your best bets are probably Allos, Fitzgeralds restaurant, Mai Fitzs or Woulfe's. Personally I'd go for Allo's.

Church Newsletter

Church Newsletter

Church Newsletter

Church newsletter

Church newsletter

Church Newsletter

Church newsletter

• Registered Users Posts: 11 stelli

Just wondering which are the best days to go racing? I don't think I have the stamina for the full week :)
    Also any recommendations for restaurants/bars most appreciated!

• Advertisement

Newsletter

Advertisement