Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Listowel Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Manuva

stelli wrote: »
    Just wondering which are the best days to go racing? I don't think I have the stamina for the full week :)
    Also any recommendations for restaurants/bars most appreciated!

Friday is usually the busiest Day in my experience, Saturday used to be good as well but the last year it was on saturday (2010) it was surprisingly quiet, and last year it was concelled due to rain (thankfully, I was in bits after the Friday) wednesday is usually pretty busy as well, as the Guinness Race is on that day.

to be honest, its all good :)

have a good time!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 halfstack

recommend the royal china restaurant - excellent food - reasonable prices. Food in LIstowel Arms also very good, if pricey. Bars : JB Keane; Christies.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 stelli

Manuva wrote: »
    Friday is usually the busiest Day in my experience, Saturday used to be good as well but the last year it was on saturday (2010) it was surprisingly quiet, and last year it was concelled due to rain (thankfully, I was in bits after the Friday) wednesday is usually pretty busy as well, as the Guinness Race is on that day.

to be honest, its all good :)

have a good time!

Thanks a mill! Will try to experience a couple of days...really looking forward to it.
    Think I would have to be in training to experience the full week!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭Lovely writer

Church newsletter

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Great to see Xtra vision in Listowel helping out the unemployment situation in Kerry by employing a crowd from northern Ireland to renovate the shop!

Well done lads!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,982 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Great to see Xtra vision in Listowel helping out the unemployment situation in Kerry by employing a crowd from northern Ireland to renovate the shop!

Well done lads!

I'm sure that our local politicians will send Xtravision a strongly worded letter of complaint.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭barryoc1

Looking for a number for accomodation office in Listowel. Had one last year and got sorted with accomodation for races but cant seem to find it. I know its bit late to be looking now but better late than never. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Me too for accommodation. Anyone got a number for b&b on the Wednesday night?

barryoc1 wrote: »
    Looking for a number for accomodation office in Listowel. Had one last year and got sorted with accomodation for races but cant seem to find it. I know its bit late to be looking now but better late than never. Thanks.
    finbarrk wrote: »
    Me too for accommodation. Anyone got a number for b&b on the Wednesday night?

There are a few on this page but I don't know about availability, but if they can't manage it, I'm sure they'll make some suggestions.

http://www.listowel.ie/placetovisit.htm#accom

If I come across an accommodation office contact number, I'll post it here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭kevmol88

This is from The Kerryman in 2010
    RACES: Listowel Race Week Accommodation: Anyone in the Duagh/Listowel vicinity with either bedrooms or houses available for rent for the Race Week are asked to contact the Accommodation Office in The Square on 068 23036/23037. Office hours are Mon-Fri, 10am-4pm

link

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Bob Dylan Fan

FYI ...Check the link out below the Theatre Company ‘Splódar’ will be touring Ireland with the Irish Language production of Salomé, If you look at the venues it will be in Listowel on October 22 at St John’s Arts Centre. The main actor Elise Brennan (Elise Ní Bhraonáin) who plays Salomé is a niece of a Listowel man from Poundlane

http://www.gaelport.com/default.aspx?treeid=37&NewsItemID=8597

Church Newsletter

Some people might say that Listowel is pants, but why did someone attempt to prove it by hanging a load of underwear from the trees?

Church newsletter

Church Newsletter

• Registered Users Posts: 20 otherhalf

Did you see the man with the enormous head in town last week? Shocking.

otherhalf wrote: »
    Did you see the man with the enormous head in town last week? Shocking.

Billy Keane?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 halfstack

Was that the little Chinese guy?

Church Newsletter

Church Newsletter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

Today my brother on his way from Limerick bus station (first stop was the hospital) to Listowel (passed through Rathkeale, Askeaton, Adare, Patricks Well, Newcastle West) suitcase (black with wheels) has gone missing. If anybody has any information or saw it, it might have fallen off or was taken by accident, please DM me. There is a substantial reward offered,

Newsletter

Church newsletter

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭AnBealBocht

You must have some stories!
    We, at North Kerry Reaching Out should love to hear them. We are collecting old memorabilia, stories, memories, photographs etc. We intend to pass them on to future generations on the internet.
    I have sent you a private message to your Boards.ie inbox.

It would be nice to re-vitalise this thread again. This thread which gave us all so much pleasure and fun in years past.

Good to see some ' new blood ' such as " Guiney103 " and others contributing & commenting to & on the passing parade that is Listowel & ' Listowel Connections '.

And, where is ' boroman ' these days?.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭UpTheAshes

I heard a rumour that Boroman moved to The Ashes. I wonder is that true?
    Here's a link to a programme about Listowel featuring Tadgh Kennelly talking about The Gathering in 2013. It includes Boroman, Billy Keane, Mary Cogan and many others.
    http://www.rte.ie/player/us/show/10067594/

Newsletter

Newsletter

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭J.R.

LOVELY WRITER - thanks for posting the weekly church news letter - really appreciate it.

I see the thread has gone very quite lately........you seem to be the only one posting some weeks..........don't become dishearthened........those of us far from home like to keep up to date each week.

Church Newsletter

(I have no difficulty posting the Newsletter every week but if you want more news about Listowel try to follow Listowelconnection)

• Advertisement

Church Newsletter

Advertisement